Sonic Battle!

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Sup,dudes! It's P2,bringing you another blast from the past:Sonic Battle! If anyone remembers,Sonic Battle was a game for the GBA.It was like Smash,in a way,only you could collect Battle Cards to power your own not to fight! :thumbsup: That's not all,though.You can also go through the story with Sonic and his pals,checking out each of their unique fighting styles!

When you win a battle,and do really good,sometimes you get a rare Battle card to power your robot,Emerl with,so could create the perfect fighter to take on your pals in multiplayer matches! (Didn't get the chance to,lol)

In a nutshell,Sonic Battle,imo,was one of the best Sonic games out there,and really fun to play because you fought on it! Kinda makes me wish there was a second one...

Reactions: Samster, Slayerpon Tatsu and Rath
I don't really play Sonic but that sounds really fun.

Reactions: P2.0
I have played it once I just never got used to the controls of the game I lost it awhile back though and it is a good game but can't compare to smash bros. :p but still a good game!

@Eyeballz60 :Hey,if you ever want a retro game to play,I recommend this one! :D. @pokefreak :Ikr? :p. Nothing compares to Smash Bros.! :love: But yeah,Sonic Battle is good in it's own right!

@Eyeballz60 :Hey,if you ever want a retro game to play,I recommend this one! :D.

Yeah, I hear there is Sonic Battle 2 for DS and Sonic battle for Wii.

For real??? :0 I'll check them out!

For real??? :0 I'll check them out!
nope those were just fake fan covers I think

Last edited:
@Eyeballz60 : Aw man...I was hoping for another one.. :(

i used to play that game all the time when i was younger that game and the advanced series was the best of sonic on the GBA.

@Cloudation :I agree! I owned Sonic Advance 2 and 3,while my brother had Sonic Advance and Sonic battle. It was the best,and it really put yourself to the test getting to the a special stages and completing them! :D

It looks fairly decent. The pseudo 3D effect on the battlefield is neat and reminds me of Custom Robo Arena for the DS. Was there a Custom Robo game for GBA? Also there are a few GBA games that use pseudo 3D better at the late end of the GBA lifespan.

Reactions: Rath
It looks fairly decent. The pseudo 3D effect on the battlefield is neat and reminds me of Custom Robo Arena for the DS. Was there a Custom Robo game for GBA? Also there are a few GBA games that use pseudo 3D better at the late end of the GBA lifespan.
Ahh....Custom robo arena...now that's one game i wish got more attention it was good but no one played it and i would fit so well on the 3ds.

Sup,dudes! It's P2,bringing you another blast from the past:Sonic Battle! If anyone remembers,Sonic Battle was a game for the GBA.It was like Smash,in a way,only you could collect Battle Cards to power your own not to fight! :thumbsup: That's not all,though.You can also go through the story with Sonic and his pals,checking out each of their unique fighting styles!

When you win a battle,and do really good,sometimes you get a rare Battle card to power your robot,Emerl with,so could create the perfect fighter to take on your pals in multiplayer matches! (Didn't get the chance to,lol)

In a nutshell,Sonic Battle,imo,was one of the best Sonic games out there,and really fun to play because you fought on it! Kinda makes me wish there was a second one...
I remember my friend lent this to me, put it in the gamecube gameboy reader, and boy did I have a blast! Shadow was my favorite character to play as, loved his design and I also really loved his combos.

I remember my friend lent this to me, put it in the gamecube gameboy reader, and boy did I have a blast! Shadow was my favorite character to play as, loved his design and I also really loved his combos.
Ikr??? :D. My favorite moves from Shadow was probably Chaos Burst, his teleport, his run, dash, and his jump attack. Y'know the one? :sneaky: I always wanted to load up one of my Emerls with most of Shadow's moves!

I had downloaded this game for an emulator on my phone months ago. That was actually the second time I had played the game. From what I remember, I was just skipping the dialogue and completing whatever task I had to do so I can just get to the battle (I find this funny because I usually don't do stuff like this in games). I never got far in it. And I wouldn't really call this a Smash-like game.

I've never heard of Sonic Battle until now, so I had to look it up. I was genuinely surprised at how I never knew about this game in the first place lol. While watching some game play, I couldn't help but be reminded of Sonic Rush, as the graphics are somewhat similar, but in a more pixelated fashion. It seems I missed out on a great old-school Sonic title.

I've never heard of Sonic Battle until now, so I had to look it up. I was genuinely surprised at how I never knew about this game in the first place lol. While watching some game play, I couldn't help but be reminded of Sonic Rush, as the graphics are somewhat similar, but in a more pixelated fashion. It seems I missed out on a great old-school Sonic title.
Oh boy you did. If you ever played shadow the hedgehog and sonic riders the game was advertised on the back of the manual

Ikr??? :D. My favorite moves from Shadow was probably Chaos Burst, his teleport, his run, dash, and his jump attack. Y'know the one? :sneaky: I always wanted to load up one of my Emerls with most of Shadow's moves!
I made a broken Emerl that my friends banned me from using. It was a beautiful one I just remember I combined knuckles and shadow's moves

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy you did. If you ever played shadow the hedgehog and sonic riders the game was advertised on the back of the manual
I've only played Sonic Riders at the dentist office and Shadow the Hedgehog at my cousin's house (didn't bother much about the game manuals back then either xD).

I used to play Sonic Battle back in the day, and it looks pretty decent fighting game long before I know about Smash Bros. It also has several good and cool fighters like Shadow among others.

Some part of the story might be quite tough for me to complete, but knowing that I could collect some cards which are basically copied skills for Emerl to perform makes it worthwhile, especially when I found out Emerl was not pretty good back then before I was entering the Story mode, until I equipped the battle cards in it.

You know that I do own that game. How can I pass the opportunity to fight as my favorite character? I can tell you one thing: she's the fastest healer. Emerl should learn her recovery move. Plus, she's a good fighter. I can't see the reason why no one would even dare to support her . . . she could have been a fighter in a Smash Bros. game . . .

Back