Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels is hard

• Thread starter Heart
  • Start date
Heart

Heart

Unstoppable
Towns Folk
This is the hardest Mario game I have ever played.

There is so many little platforms with crazy jumps and a bazillion enemies but mostly so many illegally placed platforms. I've gotten to World 8-3 using the old infinite life glitch where you jump on the Koopa but your life max can only go up to 128 and I used them all up getting to World 8. Your progress is only saved at the start of each world.

wat do I do

I love this level. I won't give it away. :sneaky: *knows what you should do*

This is the hardest Mario game I have ever played.

There is so many little platforms with crazy jumps and a bazillion enemies but mostly so many illegally placed platforms. I've gotten to World 8-3 using the old infinite life glitch where you jump on the Koopa but your life max can only go up to 128 and I used them all up getting to World 8. Your progress is only saved at the start of each world.

wat do I do

I still think it should of been titled Super Mario Bros 2(Jap edition)

Reactions: 3dsatackman and Heart
It's very hard.

Still, you'll always see a handful of liars saying how easy it is. Not sure who they think they're fooling. :rolleyes:

It's very hard.

Still, you'll always see a handful of liars saying how easy it is. Not sure who they think they're fooling. :rolleyes:
LOLLL LIARS IKR, yes people who say this is easy are the biggest liars of all time
I love this level. I won't give it away. :sneaky: *knows what you should do*
come on man...spill the beans..

I don't think I've played this game, so sorry, I don't have any tips to give, have you tried looking up Let's Plays, or guides on Youtube? :bag:

I don't think I've played this game, so sorry, I don't have any tips to give, have you tried looking up Let's Plays, or guides on Youtube? :bag:
I spent more time with guides than my family this past week.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Its difficulty is the reason we got the game late. The snes compilation had it and a lot of people is not able to beat the first castle.

You'll need to make a perfect jump to hit the bottom of a block that shoots out a vine. Don't be afraid of falling.

Reactions: Heart and Reece
A game like Lost Levels makes other difficult games seem easier by comparison. After playing it for a bit I'll move on to some Mega Man games, New Super Luigi U, etc. Good reflex training!

I think I can help. I have seen in a video review of The Lost Levels that there's an infinite 1-up trick somewhere in world 1-1, in order to prepare the player for the dangers to come. I believe it's on the stair-like contraption with some blocks above and a paratroopa passing by. I hope it helps!

Well, hoping to beat the game ? I have it on my Wii (thanks to the Super Mario All-Stars Disk that was released for the Wii), and the thing that I hate the most is that Mario is like a soap. He is always sliding for a few pixels if you run, and it often leads you into the pit that is only a few pixels from you. Also, the "You can't go back" is a pain on some levels, due to badly placed platforms. I wonder how can Japanese players can play that kind of games without getting angry...

Well, hoping to beat the game ? I have it on my Wii (thanks to the Super Mario All-Stars Disk that was released for the Wii), and the thing that I hate the most is that Mario is like a soap. He is always sliding for a few pixels if you run, and it often leads you into the pit that is only a few pixels from you. Also, the "You can't go back" is a pain on some levels, due to badly placed platforms. I wonder how can Japanese players can play that kind of games without getting angry...
Yeah I've trying to beat the game for like two weeks now. Im japanese, and I get angry playing this LOL

I think I can help. I have seen in a video review of The Lost Levels that there's an infinite 1-up trick somewhere in world 1-1, in order to prepare the player for the dangers to come. I believe it's on the stair-like contraption with some blocks above and a paratroopa passing by. I hope it helps!
I've done that, you can only get 128 lives, if you go hire than that, it'll make your lives go back to zero. I got to world 8-3 and then all my lives were used up by then..

Yeah I've trying to beat the game for like two weeks now. Im japanese, and I get angry playing this LOL

I've done that, you can only get 128 lives, if you go hire than that, it'll make your lives go back to zero. I got to world 8-3 and then all my lives were used up by then..

You're Japanese ? Didn't knew about it xD !
If only there was a glitch that would allow negative lives... Because if what I'm thinking is correct, the game uses a signed 8-bit value, meaning that the number of lives can vary between -127 and 128, including 0. And causing a negative number of lives would make the game think that you still have one remaining life, wonder why. So, going negative would mean infinte lives !

You're Japanese ? Didn't knew about it xD !
If only there was a glitch that would allow negative lives... Because if what I'm thinking is correct, the game uses a signed 8-bit value, meaning that the number of lives can vary between -127 and 128, including 0. And causing a negative number of lives would make the game think that you still have one remaining life, wonder why. So, going negative would mean infinte lives !
I wish I could go into negative lives, trust me I've been to zero lives,

Does not let me go into the negative haha

I just played and beat this game for the first time (abused restore points :oops:) and I must say, this game is incredibly hard. Maybe when I play it on my Wii U (just beat it on 3DS) I won't use restore points.

...Nope.

Reactions: TAG
I just played and beat this game for the first time (abused restore points :oops:) and I must say, this game is incredibly hard. Maybe when I play it on my Wii U (just beat it on 3DS) I won't use restore points.

...Nope.

Video, or it didn't happen! Just kidding ... ;)

Even using restore points, congratulations! I know some people posture about them, but for certain games I really enjoy having them.

Video, or it didn't happen! Just kidding ... ;)

Even using restore points, congratulations! I know some people posture about them, but for certain games I really enjoy having them.
I saw him beat it basically on FaceTime LOLLL
I got to 8-4 without restore points yesterday and I had like 90lives left BUT I ACCIDENTALLY RESTARTED MY WHOLE GAME.

Tragic, truly.

I saw him beat it basically on FaceTime LOLLL
I got to 8-4 without restore points yesterday and I had like 90lives left BUT I ACCIDENTALLY RESTARTED MY WHOLE GAME.

Tragic, truly.

well, that was a silly move. How careless. ;)

anyways, I've played this, and used to get so annoying cuz it was so hard. xD

got to enjoy a really difficult challenge right? xD

And 8-4 was the best level. It was really nice of them of giving you the hardest for last (and also nice of them to give you a hidden Super Mushroom). Have fun playing it over.

Back