Super Mario Galaxy 3? Who wants it to happen?

• Thread starter stevenbomb
  • Start date
I'm pretty sure they atleast thought of doing it. Maybe I'm wrong, but i agree, 3ds isn't fit for galaxy, wii u is much better suited. Our maybe the nx. :D:D:D
Maybe... The nx was confirmed to be not successor to the wii u, so either the wii u or the next home console. The problem is, I really want the game now instead of waiting 2 or 3 years! Perhaps a 3d mario game for the wii u next year? God knows.

1 and 2 were a massive success! I would love for this to happen because the gravity and level design were fantastic! I would like more playable characters e.g. a toad of Wario. This would bring a whole new level of replayability, meaning you need certaing characters for certaing stars. I would also like to see the other costumes for Wario if he gets power-ups.

For a year now I've been begging. Make it so!

While I would love to see another addition to the Super Mario Galaxy series, I do not think that it will ever come to be. Two SMG games were really enough, and I don't know how many good ideas are really left over at Nintendo as to making any additional galaxies. Besides, with the reveal of Super Mario Odyssey, it seems as if Nintendo is trying to take the series in a much more open-world direction.

I mean credit to nintendo for how good the first two are, but I don't think they can make another good galaxy game because of how long its been. They need to make something fresh. And besides, mario odyssey could be the mario galaxy 3 we wanted from the start anyways.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and Galaxy 2 were a massive success. Probably one of the best 3D mario games ever made!

Now that Super Mario Odyssey is out it makes me think... Maybe Odyssey is the Galaxy 3 we all wanted? The gameplay is kind of similar but still unique.

But an actual sequel to Galaxy 2 would be awesome!!! I can already see it happening! The levels, the plot, the story... The game would be amazing!

I really don't see them doing it, but if they did, here's what I think:
Super Mario Galaxy 3 would have to revise the whole formula. Come at it from a completely different angle.
If you ask me, Super Mario Galaxy 2 was more like an add-on for the original. It added new levels, fixed some things that needed fixing, made some things worse (*cough*faceship*cough*), we got new power-ups, etc. But it was basically more content in the same style as the original.
Nintendo, Miyamoto and friends; they are forever the innovators. If Super Mario Galaxy 3 ever happens, or if they ever decide to bring similar mechanics back to the series (and I hope they do because Super Mario Galaxy is one of my favourite games ever), it won't be anything like the original 2 games. I don't think Odyssey is quite it. Maybe it'll be like Super Mario 3D Land. Maybe it'll be like Super Mario Sunshine. Maybe it'll be like nothing we've ever seen before. Maybe, someday, our prayers will be answered.

Honestly they could do this with the Super Mario Odyssey engine on switch, and adding some planet dynamics or like Super Mario 128 stuff. It'd relatively cost effective, super popular, and presumably a big hit!

What I would want from a mario galaxy 3 is bigger planets. As in, like a mario oddessy level but it’s around a planet instead of flat. That would probably be fun.

Reactions: NATT44
What I would want from a mario galaxy 3 is bigger planets. As in, like a mario oddessy level but it’s around a planet instead of flat. That would probably be fun.
I like that idea! That would be a great way to take the series in a new direction.

Back