Super Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU Stages - Thoughts and Speculation?

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Matthew

Matthew

WE ARE... MARSHALL!!
Towns Folk
So, we've discussed a lot about the characters. What about the stages? What types of stages do you think we will see? Lots of retro? Interactive?

We will see a mix of both. We'll see stages that have no stage hazards, and we will see stages with no hazards. I'm looking forward to see all of the cool stages in the game.

Well, I don't want a lot of retro levels.
Also, I will love an interactive Harmo Knight stage :p

Pretty much both. I would like a Professor Layton stage, even though the series isn't Nintendo, but their games only appear on Nintendo handhelds, so it makes sense if there is a stage based on the series. Also, I want Pushmo stage, that would be pretty cool.

Pretty much both. I would like a Professor Layton stage, even though the series isn't Nintendo, but their games only appear on Nintendo handhelds, so it makes sense if there is a stage based on the series. Also, I want Pushmo stage, that would be pretty cool.

Professor Layton main saga is a 2nd Party saga, like Ace Attorney...
Well, at least for some time :p

Professor Layton main saga is a 2nd Party saga, like Ace Attorney...
Well, at least for some time :p
Yeah, I know. I really want Professor Layton to be in the game, as a playable character too, but I know that won't happen... :(

Yeah, I know. I really want Professor Layton to be in the game, as a playable character too, but I know that won't happen... :(

Well, we don't know... We have two new games next year, also Phoenix Wright has a chance.

Well, we don't know... We have two new games next year, also Phoenix Wright has a chance.
I wouldn't mind Phoenix Wright, actually, but I think Professor Layton fits in more than him. Oh man, if Layton gets in, I will for sure main him! :D

I wouldn't mind Phoenix Wright, actually, but I think Professor Layton fits in more than him. Oh man, if Layton gets in, I will for sure main him! :D

Level-5 makes a lot of games, I'm sure something about Professor Layton will be in the game... At least a trophy or something :p

Level-5 makes a lot of games, I'm sure something about Professor Layton will be in the game... At least a trophy or something :p
Man! Yes! Also, he has a shot at making it in! The developers even asked Sakurai if they could put him in. Also, look at this awesome video.

In a part, Professor Layton's voice actor says, "Smash Brothers invitation accepted."

Shut up Luke! :D

Well, a lot of people asked for him in Super Smash Bros Brawl, so it would be really interesting! :p

Shut up Luke! :D

Well, a lot of people asked for him in Super Smash Bros Brawl, so it would be really interesting! :p
Indeed! Imagine Professor Layton in Smash, running around and using his fencing skills to take on the Nintendo-All Stars. :)

Indeed! Imagine Professor Layton in Smash, running around and using his fencing skills to take on the Nintendo-All Stars. :)

Oh my dear friend... I suppose his gorgeous smash move will be interesting, because a gentlemen can't skip a chance like that... Maybe a random puzzle, and when you finish it, you can move again :p

Oh my dear friend... I suppose his gorgeous smash move will be interesting, because a gentlemen can't skip a chance like that... Maybe a random puzzle, and when you finish it, you can move again :p
LOL! Yeah! Wait, his final smash can be that a puzzle comes up, and you have to solve it in five seconds, and if you answer it correctly, everyone on the screen gets confused and they can't walk properly. :eek:

LOL! Yeah! Wait, his final smash can be that a puzzle comes up, and you have to solve it in five seconds, and if you answer it correctly, everyone on the screen gets confused and they can't walk properly. :eek:

Five seconds is too short, ten will be better.
A gentleman needs time to think, because he needs to recover.

Five seconds is too short, ten will be better.
A gentleman needs time to think, because he needs to recover.
I am sure a mastermind like Professor Layton could crack a puzzle faster than o.25 seconds! But yeah, whatever, I guess ten would be better. How about the longer you take to crack the puzzle, the weaker the final smash will be.

I am sure a mastermind like Professor Layton could crack a puzzle faster than o.25 seconds! But yeah, whatever, I guess ten would be better. How about the longer you take to crack the puzzle, the weaker the final smash will be.

Well, that's better.
Also he can trow hint coins, like a normal attack :p

Well, that's better.
Also he can trow hint coins, like a normal attack :p
Hm, nah, a gentlemen never throws things. How about he asks a question and a question mark comes out and hits someone, making them confused for two seconds, kind of like Jigglypuff's sing move.

Hm, nah, a gentlemen never throws things. How about he asks a question and a question mark comes out and hits someone, making them confused for two seconds, kind of like Jigglypuff's sing move.

So... taking gentleman rules... How he will fight then?

So... taking gentleman rules... How he will fight then?
Well, he'll just use his fencing sword to slash through opponents. Alright, I know that doesn't sound gentlemanly at all, but hey, sometimes a gentleman needs to take off his gloves at times. :)

Back