Surprisingly good animes

• Thread starter zygloman
  • Start date
zygloman

zygloman

Dimensional jumper
Towns Folk
This thread is for animes that you had low expectations going into, but were surprised to find you liked. For instance, I recently watched an anime called Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing time. I thought it would just be another random nothing special anime, but I ended up really liking it!

Hmmm... let's see.

I guess Psycho-Pass fits this description for me. @Vii recommended that I watch it (or else! huehuehue :sneaky:) so yeah, I had no choice but to sit down and take in a couple of episodes and I loved it, :love:

The guns/detective part set me off a bit before I started it, but it turned out great.

Attack and Titan and Parasyte are two other anime but the weirdness (half naked giants from AoT and the hand-thingamajig from Parasyte) from them made me iffy before I started them. Still, I love both of them and do not regret watching ^.^

Reactions: zygloman and Vii
I recently watched attack on titan and now I can't wait for the next season.

I recently watched attack on titan and now I can't wait for the next season.
OH MY GOD YESSSSSSSS
ATTACK ON TITAN IS AMAZING GAHAHAHA
I have a bunch of the manga too, I think Im up to 7-8 and I finished the first season

Attack on Titan is freaking the best Anime! I remember watching the first episode and I was like "I don't know..." but then the rest of the series came and I'm dying for more!

Another I would I have to say is Blue Exorcist, I watched the first episode it was good but when they started mentioning the Devil and demons I was wanting to stop (despite the fact I loved Black Butler, Inu Yasha, and Death Note and those mentioned demons) but I kept watching it and it turned out awesome! And not to mention Rin shares a voice actor with Eren!

I've also watched Blue Exorcist, and I loved it.

There are so many Animes I wasn't expecting to like when I started watching...

- Durarara: Strange name for an anime, right!? It has no ninja-powers or Bankai, most characters are "normal" people, but it's very good!
- Working!! (Wagnaria!!): The scenario is a restaurant '-' I swear it's good, but explaining makes it sound boring.
- Inazuma Eleven: I hate soccer, why would I watch a soccer anime...? It's one of my favorites *-* And the game too *-*
- K: Wasn't expecting nothing, but really catch my attention.

But the Oscar of "I wasn't expecting nothing, but you made me love you" goes to DOCTOR WHO! (not an anime) :p

I have seen a bit of Durarara and I liked it. Though I've never watched Inazuma Eleven, I have played both ds games and liked those.

rurouni kenshin- after the first episode the story seemed sort of bland the the main character seemed to be op so didn't really think much of it. Watched a couple more episodes even though I wasn't that interested in it and it turned out to be one of the best anime I've ever seen
Btoom- seemed like a copy of Mirai niiki but turned out to be just as good
Bakuman-didn't think a manga literally about making manga was gonna be good but it was

I've read a couple of Bakuman from when Shonen Jump still had print form, and I kinda liked it. It's most certainly not a bad manga.

Yowamushi Pedal I guess. Since I hate bikes and I don't realy like to ride it, I don't fancy a cycling anime, so I was like, I will give this one a try since so many people likes it. After I started watching, I cannot stop.
Right now it is my favourite anime...

Well It just shows to go ya, you can't judge something just by what you think it'll be like.

I'd say Genshiken. I had no expectations at all, it was an anime about the daily lives of a bunch of Otakus in Japan. Nothing that sounded really exciting, but I really liked it. It was actually pretty good and I recommend it!

I've never seen that one, maybe I'll watvh a few episodes.

Love Live was surprisingly good for something meant to be a cash cow.
I started watching it to at least know more about it since I've been playing its mobile game (School Idol Festival) for a while now. I went in not really expecting anything good, but to my surprise, its a pretty solid Slice of Life/School anime. Kinda saccharine at times but for someone like me who watches/reads a lot of Seinen animes and mangas, it was a nice break from the usual stuff xD.

I don't really watch many slice of life animes, maybe I'll give that one a shot

The World God Only Knows. I thought that is was going to be some ecchi harem anime with a dumb plotline but it was surprisingly really good. The main character was likeable and the girls weren't super annoying. It is a three season anime and there are almost always new girls per season.
It's not the usual harem anime because after he 'conquers' the girls (to release a demon from inside of them) the girls forget even having been in love with him. It was really good and I recommend it so much.

I've seen the first episode of that one. It was a bit weird.

Completely random that I liked? Hmm...*thinks*

Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl amused me, as did Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions.

The Animes I prefer would be Sword art online kind of romantic and half the time they're fighting i guess next would be
Naruto Shippuden Because its still going and its all kind of drama like: Love, fighting, stalking, crying, courageous and you get the point.
My third and last one because i don't want to name a lot is World break Aria of curse for a holy swordsman.

Back