Terria?

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I saw a video of terria? (I forgot the name) for 3DS it looks fun, since they won't have Minecraft for 3DS too.... should I get it? My other friends said it's more fun than minecraft... Should I get it, or wait 'to see if something better comes up?

Looking at a video of the game, it looks like a 2D Minecraft. But I think playing in a vast 3D world would be something I would like more. And there's a game similar to Minecraft that's called Cube Creator 3D. There's a demo available in the eShop if you want to see what it's like. I'm not sure how similar it is though. I tried the demo once and never again.

Reactions: Kakea
It's called Terraria. :p I haven't played it (yet) but it seems like the game has a bit more to offer than Minecraft. It became immensely popular on other platforms (that's either due to an incredible amount of people with bad taste, or an indicator showing the game is probably really good) but supposedly this version is perfect for the 3DS.

Looking at a video of the game, it looks like a 2D Minecraft. But I think playing in a vast 3D world would be something I would like more. And there's a game similar to Minecraft that's called Cube Creator 3D. There's a demo available in the eShop if you want to see what it's like. I'm not sure how similar it is though. I tried the demo once and never again.
Me too! It was the most boring demo EVER!

(that's either due to an incredible amount of people with bad taste, or an indicator showing the game is probably really good) but supposedly this version is perfect for the 3DS.
I was thinking about getting this,I have to see for if it's fun for myself! :D It could be,or people could love this for no reason like Shrek(look on miiverse....)I have to see though.It cost too much to buy a Controller AND Minecraft for Wii U :eek:

Me too! It was the most boring demo EVER!
Actually, I didn't even give the demo a full try. I was just walking and messing around doing nothing. Not even seeing if I can build something myself. I downloaded the demo again two days ago and see if it's almost as good as Minecraft. If it is, maybe I'll get it. I am skeptic about the multiplayer though. I like to play with people.

Last edited:
I saw the video too :3
Based on that, Terraria looks like a really fun game to try, with similar aspects of Minecraft, but in a different perspective. It's hard to say whether or not there might be something similar or better than it so getting it wouldn't be a bad idea imo.

There are Minecraft clones on the 3ds (Cube Creator 3d) but I'm not sure if they'll offer as much fun as the original Minecraft however.

Hey which video exactly are you talking about? I'd be curious to see it!

I'm interested in Terraria, but I fear the the bottom screen might feel a bit small for precise building. Maybe Wii U would be better for me?

Hey which video exactly are you talking about? I'd be curious to see it!

I'm interested in Terraria, but I fear the the bottom screen might feel a bit small for precise building. Maybe Wii U would be better for me?
It's in the eshop, go to the Terraria icon then you can see he video or look on Nintendo.com it does seem tedious...I know the game won't be as much fun as minecraft but... We don't have money for a classic controller AND the game.That's the ONLY reason I want to get it...

Yeah i know it's on the e-shop, it's why I got the idea that it would feel small on the bottom screen for precise building, but maybe it's not that small once you play, I'm not sure?

You might get used to it while playing, or it's not as small as it looks:D They might also have a zoom feature... it seemed like it from the video anyway.They coulda compensated for the screen.No one complained about it on miiverse so far...

OH you meant the video is on e-shop! I thought you meant the game I'm sorry XD

I'l check the video too when I can XD

Not worth it when I can get it on my phone for 5 bucks. What an absolute rip off.

You might want to try it before getting it if you're expecting a 2D minecraft, besides the crafting elements the two are pretty different. Terraria has more of a focus on gearing up to kill one of the many bosses in game. Not to say you can't just mess around and build like in minecraft, it's just that's not what most people do in it. And as far as it being cheaper on phone, that's also because the phone version has like the worst controls ever, and doesn't get updated anywhere near as frequently as the console versions, which already aren't updated as much as the PC one, AND every other version has system execlusive content, whereas the iPhone version doesn't have any of that

Terraria is a pretty fun game... I've played it on many different platforms; including the iPad and the Xbox 360, and I've had some really fun times... It's not really like Minecraft in the 3D aspect, since it is 2D, but the crafting is kinda similar I guess, minus the fact that Terraria has many, many more craftable and discoverable items and suprises in store... (Plus, bosses! Did I mention bosses? :) )

You might want to try it before getting it if you're expecting a 2D minecraft, besides the crafting elements the two are pretty different. Terraria has more of a focus on gearing up to kill one of the many bosses in game. Not to say you can't just mess around and build like in minecraft, it's just that's not what most people do in it. And as far as it being cheaper on phone, that's also because the phone version has like the worst controls ever, and doesn't get updated anywhere near as frequently as the console versions, which already aren't updated as much as the PC one, AND every other version has system execlusive content, whereas the iPhone version doesn't have any of that

Oh....I was wondering the price was so high,I like the idea kinda...I want to get it and see if it's really as fun as others been saying also... so far it sounds like it focuses on combat more than Minecraft does.

It's extremely fun. Exploring caves and finding awesome gear to make yourself a complete bad butt is addicting. And the gear itself is pretty varied, like whereas in minecraft the best is a diamond sword, you can get giant flaming swords, grappling hooks, shoes that let you fly, magic mirrors that teleport you, guns that shoot giant lasers, etc etc, and even on the smallest world setting, its really big and there's a ton of stuff to do. It's an extremely addicting game that I wholeheartedly recommend you try

You convinced me to buy it, next time I get money.This sounds like what I thought Freaky Forms was going to be like,(IT'S NOT!!!) You can make/customize your own avatar too right? That with shaping your world or home, with combat using MANY weapons! It sounds like what I've been looking for.My only problem is the pricing.(Time for more strange jobs :D )

Reactions: 8150
You convinced me to buy it, next time I get money.This sounds like what I thought Freaky Forms was going to be like,(IT'S NOT!!!) You can make/customize your own avatar too right? That with shaping your world or home, with combat using MANY weapons! It sounds like what I've been looking for.My only problem is the pricing.(Time for more strange jobs :D )
Is there any extra features on the 3ds? I mean big features, if not, get it for 5 dollars on the app store of ios or android. The pricing is a huge rip off and I have no clue why it is worth it or why people must buy it. Do you have a phone? You probably do, so I bet you should simply go for the phone version.

It is your personal preference, but that is my view. The price is a rip off. Buy the phone version, trust me, it will be much cheaper and better.

Someone get me a job at 505 games as a sales rep :D

So judging from what people say online, new features include the UI is extremely well suited for the game, there's a lock on feature, local multiplayer with up too 4 people, and streamlined controls so that it feels natural playing on 3ds. From the looks of the trailer, it seems like there is a Mario costume, and the team said there were other exclusive items as well, but wouldn't specify so I couldn't tell you.

Someone get me a job at 505 games as a sales rep :D

So judging from what people say online, new features include the UI is extremely well suited for the game, there's a lock on feature, local multiplayer with up too 4 people, and streamlined controls so that it feels natural playing on 3ds. From the looks of the trailer, it seems like there is a Mario costume, and the team said there were other exclusive items as well, but wouldn't specify so I couldn't tell you.
That is it for 15 dollars more? The creator also said there were a few limitations also so it is much better just buying it on the phone. I have no idea, other than little kids, who would actually buy this game for 20 bucks. Maybe it is just me, but I think spending 15 dollars more on the exact same version is not worth it.

Back