The CENSORSHIP Thread!

• Thread starter bintin125
  • Start date
Hrm? Oh, I never said to remake it, I just said it would be nice to have Porygon (and now that you mention it, Dratini) in the anime finally. I can understand why it was cut, but that doesn't mean porygon deserves such a rep it didn't earn.
It doesn't have a bad rep or anything, it's just that it happened to cause trouble, just like the Whiscash episode.

Let's see what do I do I know about censorship in games... In Pokémon Red/Blue the Old Man blocking the path is drunk. In Mother 2 in Magicant Ness is naked (but has a hat on). In Wario Land II an enemy throws beer on Wario making him drunk. Personally I think this censorship in Wario wasn't needed as the censored version doesn't make sense and as for Mother 2 I think it is better off censored.

Let's see what do I do I know about censorship in games... In Pokémon Red/Blue the Old Man blocking the path is drunk. In Mother 2 in Magicant Ness is naked (but has a hat on). In Wario Land II an enemy throws beer on Wario making him drunk. Personally I think this censorship in Wario wasn't needed as the censored version doesn't make sense and as for Mother 2 I think it is better off censored.
I agree that the Wario one had no actual reason to be there, but as for the Mother 2 one, it's common in Japanese media to show people naked when in their dreams like that or in similar cases, the cap was just there for a little joke!:p
And it's not like you could see anything "bad" either, so why change it?

If something is censored because it is offensive to a certain party, like relations to Anti-Semitism, then it can be justified. Not for things like language or nudity

If something is censored because it is offensive to a certain party, like relations to Anti-Semitism, then it can be justified. Not for things like language or nudity
Actually not even that, nothing is offensive until you start relating all hints and tiny part to everything else! Games are games, movies are movies, music is music, they all represent ideas, opinions and beliefs, instead of censoring them, just don't play/watch/listen to them if you get that butthurt over these things! I for one couldn't care less about the content of some media, but if it's something I don't like, I just don't bother with it instead of focusing on it like all those censor-happy idiots do!

Reactions: Blue Knight
Actually not even that, nothing is offensive until you start relating all hints and tiny part to everything else! Games are games, movies are movies, music is music, they all represent ideas, opinions and beliefs, instead of censoring them, just don't play/watch/listen to them if you get that butthurt over these things! I for one couldn't care less about the content of some media, but if it's something I don't like, I just don't bother with it instead of focusing on it like all those censor-happy idiots do!
You know what Dead Or Alive is, right? Because of its nudity of girls in bikinis, the game did not come to the west. I doubt that localization was necessary, but it does happen where some localization is needed in games in order for them to come out.

In Japan, girls are emphasized as cute, which is their reasoning for why girls under 18 show nudity. In America especially, where this is frowned upon, perhaps Nintendo thought of that, and localized the game. Xenoblade Chronicles X is a good example of this.

I still bought the game, and I am having a great time with it. The hub world, combat system, and dungeons make this game so great. The J-Pop was real catchy (I like Japanese music). If censorship bothers anyone, then simply don't bother with it and move on. All I can say is that anyone who does not buy this game because of its censorship is going to miss out.

You know what Dead Or Alive is, right? Because of its nudity of girls in bikinis, the game did not come to the west. I doubt that localization was necessary, but it does happen where some localization is needed in games in order for them to come out.

In Japan, girls are emphasized as cute, which is their reasoning for why girls under 18 show nudity. In America especially, where this is frowned upon, perhaps Nintendo thought of that, and localized the game. Xenoblade Chronicles X is a good example of this.

I still bought the game, and I am having a great time with it. The hub world, combat system, and dungeons make this game so great. The J-Pop was real catchy (I like Japanese music). If censorship bothers anyone, then simply don't bother with it and move on. All I can say is that anyone who does not buy this game because of its censorship is going to miss out.
I'm against things like PEGI or whatever you have in the US for forcing developers to censor games ON TOP OF age rating, making it a completely retarded system! Just localize every game as is and whoever doesn't like it, they should just move on to a different one!:p

PS: And when something isn't localized at all, I simply get the Japanese version and play that, original and uncut, just like it's meant to be!:D

Reactions: Blue Knight and TheSpiritedWarrior
I'm against things like PEGI or whatever you have in the US for forcing developers to censor games ON TOP OF age rating, making it a completely retarded system! Just localize every game as is and whoever doesn't like it, they should just move on to a different one!:p

PS: And when something isn't localized at all, I simply get the Japanese version and play that, original and uncut, just like it's meant to be!:D
Our rating system sucks. Europe has Pegi and America has ERSB. Getting the Japanese version of games is the smartest thing to do if you are able to do so. Nintendo has stupid region locked systems so it is impossible :mad:.

We really need a new rating system, so games do not need to be localized as much. That way, it does not give people stupid reasons to not buy the game. Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fire Emblem Fates, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions were masterpieces that people never bought because of localization. Such a shame!

Reactions: Tho
Nintendo censor like at least one thing in every game when it releases in the western world especially in america and im just tired of it when something is censored in a game especially in nintendo games it just feels like i never get to play the real game and over the years with the wii u and 3ds they began censoring a lot more stupid things like why would you censor this, one example is in fates they censored the skinship Support conversations and even personalities of the characters. I wish nintendo could just stop this stupid censorships and just translated the games also region locks is stupid. spread the word to nintendo we dont want censorships in games stop it. and another thing that crossed my mind while i was thinking of this doesnt censorsing a game take longer then just translate it and realese it?

Last edited:
Here is proof fro some who don't believe this.

Just this....
kirby_1.jpg

kirby_5.jpg

And I thought 4kids censoring was more stupid

Just this....
kirby_1.jpg

kirby_5.jpg

And I thought 4kids censoring was more stupid
That's not exactly censorship you know, it's common for the box art to be changed a little to fit the game logo better between original and localized versions and changing the eyes is just a simple edit!:p

Meh, I've never really had problems with censorship. As long as it doesn't change the story or gameplay, then I am content.

That's not exactly censorship you know, it's common for the box art to be changed a little to fit the game logo better between original and localized versions and changing the eyes is just a simple edit!:p
I don't care about the logo being switched around is just that why is the facial expressions switched around. In the pictures the Japanese versions of the box depict Kirby as cheerful while the U.S. version always depict him as really angry.

I don't care about the logo being switched around is just that why is the facial expressions switched around. In the pictures the Japanese versions of the box depict Kirby as cheerful while the U.S. version always depict him as really angry.
Still, that's not censorship, that's a simple edit! It's not as if it was gory eyes or something, they just made him look more aggressive to fit the US idea of it!:p

Reactions: 24460
Back