The New PKMN pearl Nuzlocke Challenge!

• Thread starter Pookie
  • Start date
Pookie

Pookie

Doubles <3
Banned User
This is one of my favorite things to do in the summer when I have off of school so i am going to do a nuzlocke on PKMN pearl version.
Rules
  • Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in the Pokémon Storage System permanently.
  • While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
  • Also not a definite rule, but the general consensus is that a black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
  • Strongly implied, though not explicitly mentioned in the comic, is the stipulation that the player can use only Pokémon they have captured themselves, meaning traded Pokémon, mystery gifts, etc., are prohibited. Trading and retrading the same Pokémon (for the purpose of evolving aGraveler, for example) is something of a gray area, and may fall under optional rules. As of White: Hard-Mode Episode 3, it is implied that the player can accept Pokémon that are received freely from NPCs.
  • Also strongly implied is a prohibition against voluntarily resetting and reloading the game when things go wrong. Being able to do so would render all of the other rules pointless.
  • Starter Pokémon is based off the player's Trainer ID number. If the last number is 1-3 the player starts with a Grass type, 4-6 is Fire type, 7-9 is Water type, 0 is the player's choice.
  • Limiting Pokémon Center visits to a certain number per town.
  • Limiting the number of Poké Balls to purchase per Poké Mart.
  • Banning the use of Master Balls.
  • Rather than releasing the Pokémon, it can be permanently boxed, migrated, or transferred with Poké Transfer should it happen to faint.
  • As another mercy rule, if the player runs into a Shiny Pokémon, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. It also does not need to be released if it faints.
  • As another mercy rule, each Gym Badge acts as a checkpoint. If the player gets a game over, they can start from when they got their previous Gym Badge.
  • If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.
  • Banning use of the day care to breed or level up Pokémon.
  • Turning off the Exp. Share.
  • I will choose my Pokemon by using a random Pokemon generator.
  • I will generate 6 Pokemon 5 times and choose 1/2 to use 1 as one to use but if that one dies I have an extra.
I will start this now so please help me with some nicknames for my nuzlocke challenge! :)
And my trainer card number is...

Last edited:
Hey, want to do a back to back nuzlocke? So we both start at the same time and progress at the same time and I'll be using diamond so it won't be completely the same thing.

Sure! :) I'm also doing one with @luxray6490 and he is using platinum! We can all progress together but he is on his way to eterna but he is waiting for me.
http://randompokemon.com/
What you need to do is generate Pokemon 6 at a time and do this five times by picking one out of each 5 times and those are the Pokemon on your journey then 5 more times for one's if one dies.

Everything should be checked except natures and ubers and sinnoh not sinnoh plat.

Sure! :) I'm also doing one with @luxray6490 and he is using platinum! We can all progress together but he is on his way to eterna but he is waiting for me.
http://randompokemon.com/
What you need to do is generate Pokemon 6 at a time and do this five times by picking one out of each 5 times and those are the Pokemon on your journey then 5 more times for one's if one dies.
Are you doing this for this nuzlocke?

Yeah it's more convenient and fun to do.

Yeah it's more convenient and fun to do.
Okay so when you generate them, are those the only Pokemon you can catch or you hack them in your team?

I'm starting now and going to check my TID and then generate Pokemon then start for real are you going to now too?

The only Pokemon you can catch even if your stuck with your starter until the 4-8th gym xD

I'm starting now and going to check my TID and then generate Pokemon then start for real are you going to now too?
Yeah, starting already

Okay :)

Btw if you choose and generate a shinx/luxio/Luxray nickname it after @luxray6490

Looks like I'm going with piplup! You?

Attachments

• IMG_20150725_184856.jpg
    IMG_20150725_184856.jpg
    631.7 KB · Views: 1
Ok once you find out your starter stop and we will generate our Pokemon together and then start at the same time.

I got Gyrados, lopunny, Staraptor, Uxie and Machamp. Still waiting on my starter. One thing though, can we catch the pre-evolution of Pokemon so we can evolve them into the Pokemon we generated?

Yeah. Did you do your backups?

Did I backup my game? No I didn't, I didn't want to, I would like to start fresh either way.

I got 4 so that's means I go with Chimchar

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 2
Turtwig=luxray6490
Piplup=me
Chimchar=superbossboo

I forgot to get to this but my team will be;
Piplup, riolu, gible, zubat, misdreavus and ponyta!
My camera wasn't working so I couldn't take pictures but I am on my way to the 3rd gym!

Back