The Sales Predictions thread for Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Kalomaze
  • Start date
Kalomaze

Kalomaze

somebody
Towns Folk
So with the recent marketing and details about the switch, it's really hard and nearly unpredictable to set foot on how much it'll sell. Based on it's appeal and audience range, I can see it outdoing at the very least 20 million, and if I'm pessimistic/a hater, at least outdo the Wii U's abysmal lifetime sales.

I think about 500,000 sales on the first day (you owe me 10 play coins if I get that right) A lot of people I know said that they've preorderd it and some teachers even said the pre ordered it! I think Nintendo is gonna hit it big with this one but I still think they'll get more buys when its Christmas I think they should have released the system a bit later on because there's kind of a sales gap.

I think about 500,000 sales on the first day
Oh haha omg. The only console I can ever think of that outdid that number on its first day is the PS2, and that was because it was a better time and consoles were released after extensive testing so they would work as-is rather than buggy af pieces of garbage that give blue screens of death on the very first day.

The Wii was so hyped, yet it took eight days to reach 600,000. 500, 000 units is a reasonable number for a week, not for a day.

I predict that it'll sell 15-20 million in its lifetime, best-case scenario, which is really a poor number considering even the Wii U sold 14 million.

Solid at 60+ lifetime, worst case scenario if they reaaally screw it up. Wait for a main Pokemon and Smash to drop on it, lol.

The PS3 and XB360 started being utter trash and had good runs, heh. Switch is already starting out better and has Nintendo's full support so...

Oh haha omg. The only console I can ever think of that outdid that number on its first day is the PS2, and that was because it was a better time and consoles were released after extensive testing so they would work as-is rather than buggy af pieces of garbage that give blue screens of death on the very first day.

The Wii was so hyped, yet it took eight days to reach 600,000. 500, 000 units is a reasonable number for a week, not for a day.

I predict that it'll sell 15-20 million in its lifetime, best-case scenario, which is really a poor number considering even the Wii U sold 14 million.

15-20 million is really, really unrealistic but the system does have its flaws. It'll sell at least 20 million failure or not thanks to portable skyrim and potentially pokemon

You are right

Switch is already starting out better
Yeah, having a football game that's released for every console and a 6-year-old game whose main attraction is PC mods, having that to show for third-party support makes a person really really optimistic huh.

Yeah, having a football game that's released for every console and a 6-year-old game whose main attraction is PC mods, having that to show for third-party support makes a person really really optimistic huh.
It starts with the latest and best main Zelda game, lol. And being Nintendo's only focus, getting Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Smash, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and other big hitters solely on it (which saved the 3DS, by the way, and it's now outselling the PS4. And on Switch it'll be even better, given that it's not just a handheld), it's going to keep selling and selling.

And once the sales increase, third-party support will come on its own, that's how the industry works :p the PS2 was an outdated piece of junk compared to the GameCube and especially Xbox, yet it got more games simply due to higher sales.

It starts with the latest and best main Zelda game, lol. And being Nintendo's only focus, getting Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Smash, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and other big hitters solely on it (which saved the 3DS, by the way, and it's now outselling the PS4. And on Switch it'll be even better, given that it's not just a handheld), it's going to keep selling and selling.
The same games every time, huh? Sure, have fun explaining the N64 and GameCube with that when they had them all and more. The price drop saved the 3DS more than any of its games, and if you'll recall, Nintendo reported losses quarter after quarter - one being their worst ever - despite the 3DS's sales after the price drop, because, heck, price drop. It's most likely why Nintendo decided not to develop another true handheld.

it's now outselling the PS4.

Oh wow, about time, I was wondering what its two-and-a-half year head start and fractional price were for.

The same games every time, huh? Sure, have fun explaining the N64 and GameCube with that when they had them all and more. The price drop saved the 3DS more than any of its games, and if you'll recall, Nintendo reported losses quarter after quarter - one being their worst ever - despite the 3DS's sales after the price drop, because, heck, price drop. It's most likely why Nintendo decided not to develop another true handheld.

Oh wow, about time, I was wondering what its two-and-a-half year head start and fractional price were for.
When nintendo makes games, they don't repeat themselves often, and make them unique each time aside from the godawful NSMB series. The gamecube didn't survive because PS2 knocked EVERYONE out of the park during its gen, and the N64 also suffered a similar fate (see original playstation units sold)

When nintendo makes games, they don't repeat themselves often, and make them unique each time aside from the godawful NSMB series. The gamecube didn't survive because PS2 knocked EVERYONE out of the park during its gen, and the N64 also suffered a similar fate (see original playstation units sold)
Yeah, each Mario Kart, Smash and Animal Crossing really differed in its premise.

Not to mention that Pokemon, Zelda, Mario and Animal Crossing are all the same story with different names.

Yeah, each Mario Kart, Smash and Animal Crossing really differed in its premise.

Not to mention that Pokemon, Zelda, Mario and Animal Crossing are all the same story with different names.
MK8 and sm4sh would like to speak to you

MK8 and sm4sh would like to speak to you
Yeah, MK8 was such a huge revamp with one basic new feature, and Smash 4 definitely wasn't an entirely marketing-driven game that forced you to update to play online every two days.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
Super old revamped games, poor third party, and a mobile processor will kill the system eventually.

Probably sales will be similar to the Wii u, and that's being reasonable.

Reactions: 18
K, lol. If SM Odyssey and Zelda BotW are "old revamped games" I bet every single Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and Cthe same thing, too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Furthermore, the N64 and GCN didn't sell well due to lack of good games - the PS1 and 2 simply had many more and served as CD/DVD players, which boosted sales for the nongaming markets, killing the N64/GCN market share :p

I'm going to love the salt from you two once the Switch outsells the PS4, lmao.

Also, if a mobile processor killed sales, pretty much every single portable console not called PlayStation Vita (which was an utter disaster due to how Sony dropped it) would have bombed, history tells us otherwise.

HeyListen! said:
I'm going to love the salt from you two once the Switch outsells the PS4, lmao
XD you actually think I'm emotionally invested in console wars and care about what sells more.
Nah, I don't have your problem.

XD you actually think I'm emotionally invested in console wars.
Well, you certainly have been flaring up the last 2/3 days, lol.

Well, you certainly have been flaring up the last 2/3 days, lol.
I'm doing that solely to antagonize you, to be honest. Not even Hefty - you. I find it amusing how you act like Nintendo is more precious than family to you, and how Reggie could sell you his vomit in a ziploc bag, and you'd feel obligated - obligated! - to buy it and sing its praises because it's got 'Nintendo' on it.

So yeah, I feel you stand to learn a lot of things that by right you ought to already know at your age, one being that something that only services you when you pour money into it and actually feel like you owe something to it, something that demands little of you besides your time and money, something that you can't stand people badmouthing and forces you to conclude that they must be salty, is not worth getting emotional over.

I just don't like your elitist attitude and the way you think that what you have to say has so much more weight than what other people think, I haven't liked it for months now - I even thought of your apology blog as more of an excuse for yourself than a sincere apology - and it's so easy to ruffle your feathers with the Switch, so I might as well.

Ah, figured it had to be against me, lol.

And yet, you're the one whose feathers have been ruffled all over this, not me. See your latest posts on the subject and mine's.

I know I'm unwelcome here, given what I've done before, you don't even need to reinforce it, least of all in ways that make you look like a bratty troll, lmao.

But, whatever. See you.

And yet, you're the one whose feathers have been ruffled all over this, not me. See your latest posts on the subject and mine's.
Yeah, I didn't even express interest in the Switch until two nights ago, when you really really felt the need to defend it.
bratty troll, lmao.
This is a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black. At least I can be honest about why I do whatever instead of act semi-detached and holier-than-thou when I can't form a good argument.

Welp, it has already sold around 1.5 million, and it's not even the end of March. The 2 million target sales for the end of March is almost there.

Back