Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
SF07BMl.jpg

The Salty Splatoon

Bracket - https://challonge.com/salty_splatoon

Prize:
500 Play Coins / No entry fee.​

Do you take in the salt or are you one to dish it out? At The Salty Splatoon, we will find that out. This is a Splatoon 2 tournament where players must 1 vs 1 each other using the same sniper only.

Rules:
  • Hiding in ink is not allowed. You must not stay in ink for over 5 seconds. Walking is your friend.
    • An exception is made for refilling ink if your opponent is a decent distance away from you.
  • Matches will be tower control private battles. You should not touch the tower at all.
  • You must splat your opponent 3 times to advance further in the bracket.
  • Only splatting your opponent with a sniper will count as a "kill".
  • You must use the same sniper as your opponent.
    • If both parties are unable to come to an agreement, @SkyHuntress will choose it for you :3
  • If a match ends due to time and neither player has splatted their enemy 3 times, another match should be held to extend the time. Do not misunderstand.. your progress from the last match will still be counted.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask :eyes2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Samster, Mikaya and 28142
I’ll take a spot :D

Reactions: Marc
There are some MAJOR flaws with these rules
Rules:
  • Hiding in ink is not allowed. You must not stay in ink for over 5 seconds. Walking is your friend.
How will you enforce this rule when you don’t see your opponent right away?
And how will you refill on ink when you’re out?

• You must splat your opponent 3 times to advance further in the bracket.
Again, no way to necessarily enforce this. And if someone decides to lie, there would be no evidence unless someone has a capture card, something not everyone has access to.

How will you enforce this rule when you don’t see your opponent right away?​
And how will you refill on ink when you’re out?
1. If you suspect someone cheating, you can save a replay 30 seconds before you were splatted.
2. You can refill without staying in the ink for over 5 seconds :p

Reactions: AricAttack
Takes a spot

Hoi. Lets do this. (Never uses chargers)

Hoi. Lets do this. (Never uses chargers)
/ sprinkles the pepper ;~;

Reactions: AricAttack
1. If you suspect someone cheating, you can save a replay 30 seconds before you were splatted.
2. You can refill without staying in the ink for over 5 seconds :p
I mean i’d like to since Chargers are my main but we can’t necessarily predict when we’re gonna die all the time (especially since snipers are 1 shot kills) so recording it would be difficult to do in many situations.

And the refil on Ink entirely depends on how much Ink Refil Up you have. If you don’t have any, it takes a while... and Swiming should be allowed since that’s what Snipers rely on to escape and move around. And if someone camps in their Ink, it really wouldn’t be hard to find them since they would only be in their ink

Last edited:
I mean i’d like to since Chargers are my main but we can’t necessarily predict when we’re gonna die all the time (especially since snipers are 1 shot kills) so recording it would be difficult to do in many situations.

And the refil on Ink entirely depends on how much Ink Refil Up you have. If you don’t have any, it takes a while... and Swiming should be allowed since that’s what Snipers rely on to escape and move around. And if someone camps in their Ink, it really wouldn’t be hard to find them since they would only be in their ink
You can make a recording after you die, and it isn’t hard. You just press the screenshot button for about 3 seconds.
There is plenty of reasons not to have the five second rule (but marc can do what he wants) one reason is that chargers are chargers, so hiding doesn’t really give a advantage, because it takes time to charge, depending on the charger its faster, but both players use the same charger so it isnt a problem.
Btw @Marc if you want the battles to be even, i would recommend turning off clothing abilities.

Welp... I'm terrible with chargers! Let's do this! I'll take a spot.

Question: Will someone be spectating these matches?
Question: Does Bamboozler count as a charger?

@coolflare how about I add an exception for refilling ink when you're a little distance away from the enemy?
Btw @Marc if you want the battles to be even, i would recommend turning off clothing abilities.
Yah. I was thinking the ink swim hiding perk would give campers an advantage to hide in ink and when their opponent passed, they'd sneak up behind them and kill them while staying in one spot for the entire match.

On the other hand, I really do want perks included. People worked hard to level up their gear.
Welp... I'm terrible with chargers! Let's do this! I'll take a spot.
Don't worry. That's the fun part because it'll be hilarious for us to use to kill each other lol.
Question: Will someone be spectating these matches?
Question: Does Bamboozler count as a charger?
1. Someone can volunteer to make sure no cheating occurs. I wouldn't be able to do it for everyone so it's optional.
2. It has the charger class - https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Bamboozler_14_Mk_I

can i join?

Reactions: nera09
Reactions: nera09
You can make a recording after you die, and it isn’t hard. You just press the screenshot button for about 3 seconds.
Key word there was after. If you start recording after, you just see the respawn screen, not how you died.

And clothing abilities should be allowed. They are definitely fair and just.

@coolflare how about I add an exception for refilling ink when you're a little distance away from the enemy?

Yah. I was thinking the ink swim hiding perk would give campers an advantage to hide in ink and when their opponent passed, they'd sneak up behind them and kill them while staying in one spot for the entire match.

Ok then. Fair enough. Add me on that list then. But most chargers do take sometime to charge so camping isn’t in their favor (unless they are REALLY GOOD at quick/drag shots) but even then, the laser is giving off your location and if you see it, you swim or run like your life depends on it

@coolflare I've updated the ink refill rule and you have been added to the list \o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back