Thoughts on a (possible) SSB5

• Thread starter SSF
  • Start date
SSF

SSF

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
What do you think about SSB5? I'm guessing it's on the NX because it's the next console. What are your thoughts? I'll post mine later.

Well current rumors are saying that there is going to be a Smash bros for the NX as a launch title, but not necessarily a Smash 5. It saying that it's going to be an enhanced Smash 4 game which works similarly to Smash Wii U but includes stuff from Smash 3DS too (so basically combining both games into one). Nothings official though so those could be wrong.

Well current rumors are saying that there is going to be a Smash bros for the NX as a launch title, but not necessarily a Smash 5. It saying that it's going to be an enhanced Smash 4 game which works similarly to Smash Wii U but includes stuff from Smash 3DS too (so basically combining both games into one). Nothings official though so those could be wrong.
A smash 4 deluxe edition? Count me OUT! I mean, I spend $80 for the game, Gamecube controler, and Gamecube controler adapter, I spend an extra $20 on DLC for Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Cloud. Not to mention I'm getting corrin and probubly a couple of stages. And not to mention i need MORE DLC! But, to reward my hard work, they throw a DELUXE EDITION IN MY FACE, TO MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY FOR BUYING THE ORIGANAL. Not cool, it better not be a Smash 4 DX, I swear to god, it better not be a smash 4 DX. Kill me please, Coup de grace and all.

Reactions: Hayleia, Klobb and SSF
A smash 4 deluxe edition? Count me OUT! I mean, I spend $80 for the game, Gamecube controler, and Gamecube controler adapter, I spend an extra $20 on DLC for Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Cloud. Not to mention I'm getting corrin and probubly a couple of stages. And not to mention i need MORE DLC! But, to reward my hard work, they throw a DELUXE EDITION IN MY FACE, TO MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY FOR BUYING THE ORIGANAL. Not cool, it better not be a Smash 4 DX, I swear to god, it better not be a smash 4 DX. Kill me please, Coup de grace and all.

Rumors are rumors. Most rumors shown have been wrong, and I don't really see it happening. I think a new smash bros game will be developed. Nintendo do not do hd/handheld remakes for relativity new games. That would be sweet, but just remember that all of these fake media sources only say crazy things to get the clicks and attention. A SSB5 is possible, but certianly not an SSB4 remake. Also, smash bros games take time to be developed. Remember it is only a possibility that Super smash bros 5 will come.

Knowing that though, I guess I would love a SSB5. That would be sweet, but it is way too early to talk about it. I predict a 2019 release date at earliest, if it is even possible.

The nx was never proven a home console but the fact that evreyone now thinks of it as a home console means that sadly, until E3, speculation will be a home console. 2016 release date is not possible, it takes at least 5 years to develop a home console and people want this to be the "ultimate home console", I speculate a 2017 launch as most possible.

If it is. I think it would be a port of either Smash 64 or Melee. Personally, I'd like to see Melee HD. With rebalanced characters. So the 5 gods would fall.

If it is. I think it would be a port of either Smash 64 or Melee. Personally, I'd like to see Melee HD. With rebalanced characters. So the 5 gods would fall.
I can see the headlines now: Super Smash Bros Melee HD: plus shulk, meta knight, king decade, cloud, ryu, PAC man, duck hunt dog, rob, Lucas, ike, pit, dark pit, palatena, wolf, snake, toon link, pokemon trainer and/or charizard, Rosalinda and luma, zero suit samas, mega man, bayoneta, corrin, lucina, bill bye the science guy, Issac, professor Layton, master hand, and yo mama. Admit it if they made a remake they would go DLC crazy.

I can see the headlines now: Super Smash Bros Melee HD: plus shulk, meta knight, king decade, cloud, ryu, PAC man, duck hunt dog, rob, Lucas, ike, pit, dark pit, palatena, wolf, snake, toon link, pokemon trainer and/or charizard, Rosalinda and luma, zero suit samas, mega man, bayoneta, corrin, lucina, bill bye the science guy, Issac, professor Layton, master hand, and yo mama. Admit it if they made a remake they would go DLC crazy.
I have to agree, and I think yo mama is a great character, but I don't think they are just going to make a port. Unlike any other series confirmed on the NX, SSB has NEVER had a port or remake. I still think that they WILL go DLC crazy like with SSB4, but as long as they include Wolf and Snake, then I'm fine. And when they finally come out with this new SSB, they will probably include some characters from the Smash Ballot that we all wanted like Isaac and Professor Layton.Soooooooo, I don't think it's a port or remake.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
Soooo, SSB8? (4+4=8)

To be honest I think it's going to be a Deluxe edition, although I would be just as annoyed at that as anyone else. I just don't see them doing a brand new entry into the series so soon. As for the idea for it being a remake for an older title, that's doesn't make much sense to me either, although perhaps they could do an HD Collection of SSB64, Melee, and Brawl. That would be pretty awesome actually.
Ye how I feel basically haha. Although Smash did come out back 2014, the DLC was still hella expensive so I don't wanna feel like I wasted my money on it. :/

While Nintendo themselves already confirmed smash bros as a launch title, I do not want a remake of melee. The reason for this is, I can already see people getting mad at the fact that Nintendo now has the time and technology to get rid of the glitches, as most competitive players rely heavily on those glitches in the original melee. Also, the fact that Sakurai is no longer developing worries me, as they would have to bug him to find out his ideas and ways of thinking to create the smash bros formula. I would like it if it had another smash ballot. And not drop any characters :p

It'd most likely be a port of Smash Bros. for Wii U again but slightly updated. What they'd have to do is allow free transfer of all DLC (and maybe game data) so you can just play it instantly instead of having to earn everything again.

I most likely wouldn't get it but people could enjoy streaming smash at 4k if people really want to, alongside just plain old enjoying better graphics and such. It's strange they'd do this so close to the game releasing, plus Sakurai himself hasn't declared any involvement in it, so idk could be some kind of spin-off?

Maybe it could be like a director's cut version of the game including Ice Climbers, Wolf and various stages they couldn't include. Maybe even a version of the game tailored specifically for the competitive scene but that's unlikely, especially considering that so far NX has no revealed plans to be compatible with GameCube remotes unless the GameCube adaptor will work with it.

It's strange for them to do this but I need to hear more about it to give more thoughts on it.

As @np2016 said it could also easily be a combination of the two games, which would be very handy, providing more options for competitive stages.

I love how people talk about SSB5 without thinking of the burden it would put on Saukari. I mean, this guy gave his life to Nintendo and his heart isn't truly in the job. Since Melee he wanted to end Smash, but no, he made not one more game, but two more games and what do people do? Demand for more DLC, ask for a SSB5 (No offense) some even go to the limits of telling Saukari everything wrong with the game automatically assume that he's making a 5th game and even tell him when he should start working on SSB5 and who to include in it. To them I go, alright you make 4 amazingly popular fighting games then try to make a 5th. It's a whole lot of work.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior and Mr. L
I love how people talk about SSB5 without thinking of the burden it would put on Saukari. I mean, this guy gave his life to Nintendo and his heart isn't truly in the job. Since Melee he wanted to end Smash, but no, he made not one more game, but two more games and what do people do? Demand for more DLC, ask for a SSB5 (No offense) some even go to the limits of telling Saukari everything wrong with the game automatically assume that he's making a 5th game and even tell him when he should start working on SSB5 and who to include in it. To them I go, alright you make 4 amazingly popular fighting games then try to make a 5th. It's a whole lot of work.
Yeah, i have to agree with you, poor sakurai just wanted to make two games, heck probubly only one, and all the game series he makes become instant hits, and then they last for like 25 years each but he doesnt want this, the poor guy just wants to sleep and not have his series last too long, the poor guy just wants his games to end before they get bad, but everyone keeps stressing him to make a new game, and when he does there are some fans who do indeed ask for even more, and it's sad. Sakurai is a very underestimated man if you ask me.

Yeah, I am not sure if there will be another version of smash bros. I don't really think there will be a remake of smash bros 4, because smash bros games never get an hd remake. I don't think another smash bros game will appear.
Yeah, i have to agree with you, poor sakurai just wanted to make two games, heck probubly only one, and all the game series he makes become instant hits, and then they last for like 25 years each but he doesnt want this, the poor guy just wants to sleep and not have his series last too long, the poor guy just wants his games to end before they get bad, but everyone keeps stressing him to make a new game, and when he does there are some fans who do indeed ask for even more, and it's sad. Sakurai is a very underestimated man if you ask me.
Exactly. Everyone talks about a smash bros 5 or a remake so easily, without even thinking about the work this guy has to go through. I think enough smash bros games were made, and it should stop from there. It really is too much work, and in order to make a "better smash bros game", that will take years. An hd remake is not possible, mainly because of how the graphics are already maxed on the wii u version. I don't see them being better than that, without having another smash bros game, and if he does plan on making another one, don't expect another game until at least 2020 or 2021.

I'm extremely doubtful it will be an entirely new smash simply because it's expected as a launch title. An NX port (and to some extent - a remake/remaster of a past SSB) makes sense, but not an entirely different entry. Unless Nintendo is able to pull a Scott Cawthon with such a game as Super Smash Bros., SSB5 is less than likely to be real right now. The thing that conflicts me is that Sakurai did say he has already moved onto another project, however. >.<

Anyhoo, an SSB5 would be awesome... in maybe 4-5 years from now lol. NX will definitely be out within the time frame, too, which is another thing that skews me. xD

Hope they bring back Snake, but it's doubtful. Also Squall and Zidane

Sm4sh is going to be on the nx as a launch title apparently and its gonna be a enhanced version of the Wii u game, I honestly hope it hads its own additions to like maybe a second subspace emissary or have a few more dlc characters, Or even when you boot up the game you'd have all the dlc for free, But the game would be sold for 50$
I can't wait for this new game!

Reactions: GFox247
The reason for this is, I can already see people getting mad at the fact that Nintendo now has the time and technology to get rid of the glitches, as most competitive players rely heavily on those glitches in the original melee.
Not really. The things people do most in Melee are dashdancing which is even available in Smash 4 even though so short no one does that anymore, and wavedashing which is something developpers probably didn't put in on purpose but they also probably never put it on their "we don't want that" list, so they are not glitches.

The real real glitches (like Ness's YoYo glitch or Mewtwo being able to make people go through Battlefield) are not used a lot at all since they can only be triggered in very specific cases.

Then, the only thing that I would call "glitch" that people use a lot is cancelling Falco and Fox's reflectors. Apart from that, people don't use glitches, they use skill to trigger features like L-Cancelling (to make combos easier), DIing (still in Smash 4), teching (still in Smash 4), Meteor cancelling (no idea if it's still in Smash 4 but it was definitely a feature, which is proven by the fact CPUs use it everytime they can), etc, and they can do that very effectively due to the game answering to the exact inputs instead of trying to guess what the noob meant with those inputs that made no sense. And if you remove reflector cancelling, then Fox and Falco fall in the tier list but you didn't kill the whole game at all. It still has the same number of "glitches" as you mentionned, which is 0 if we forget about the ones we never see anyone use.

I still don't know if I can trust the rumors about Smash 4 coming as a launch title for the NX, but I highly doubt even Sakurai would let that happen, because after all if someone managed to buy both versions of the games and all the DLC for them, only to realize a enhanced version is coming out on the NX would make the player feel bad for all that money spent going down the drain. I'd just wait for the NX to grow for a bit then if the times right maybe make a Smash 5 that people will enjoy. That would be a smarter move.

I want one, too but it's most unlikely. Very Smash game has at least 3 years of development time. Also, Sakurai is currently on vacation at the moment. He got physically hurt while making Sm4sh, you know that? So mist likely, it will be a port of a Smash game.

Back