Show Off Tiny Art Gallery

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
Yeah, it looks pretty innocent but that's alright. The horns seem good to me, I see no fault. Some paint would be a plus, so I look forward to seeing the finished product! You did well considering you only used a pencil. The shading is nicely done. :thumbsup:
Thanks! I won't be using any paint on this one yet, as I said it's a study. I have an A3 sketch book that I am filling up with mythical creatures. I was planning on keeping it all black and white ink drawings, but maybe some paint is a good idea. For now, it's time for some full body sketches.

Same creature, same tools, different expression. I put a little more effort in the textures and shading of this one.
Nymph_Angry.JPG
As a bonus; here's a better picture of the first drawing:
Nymph_Neutral.JPG

Since it's been ages since I uploaded something, here's a study sketch I made.
IMG_0854.JPG
I was practicing folds and different types of fabric on a dynamic figurine. Done in pencil and gray fine-liner. As for the figure itself: I suppose she is a blind dancing mage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mizunil, Marc and Mikaya
Update time!

I am working on (non-human) fantasy creatures.

photo_2018-04-12_11-44-53.jpg
Done completely in chalk. I did use a tiny brush and some water to create the spots. Since it's chalk it's easy to update so this is permanently work in progress.

photo_2018-05-21_12-00-19.jpg Shading work for a dragon-like creature. This is not the final sketch, but I haven't decided on a colour scheme yet. The body is going to get a proper smooth coat in the next iteration. Pencil and graphite powder.

photo_2018-05-21_12-00-21.jpg Practice sketch for various skeletons. (I mashed a whole bunch of animals together in these.) I am polishing my anatomic drawing skills- and a proper skeleton is at the very basis of a proper creature. Once you start seeing the regularities and patterns skeletons actually aren't that complex. Both done (completely) with a HB-pencil.

Reactions: Mikaya, EpicR, Marc and 1 other person
Back