• Thread starter Kiki
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiki

Kiki

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Read this entire post before entering. If you have a question, ask it, but do not submit non-completed entries. If you don't read this entire post and give me an incomplete entry I will ignore you. Also, incase it wasn't clear, the drawing has to be your own.

Hello!

So before Christmas I won a $20.00 eShop card giveaway but I didn't know the card was for the U.S. I tried to trade it, but I ended up getting a $20.00 eShop card for Christmas and so I've decided to do this giveaway. You folks are all really awesome so I'd like to give back. ^~^

Only people who have their eShop set to the U.S can enter. The code will not work otherwise. Sorry! :(

This is what you guys have to do to enter:

1.) Tell me why you would like the card. Do you want to give it to a friend or sibling? Do you have a game you want in mind? Do you want DLC? Themes? Anything! Just tell me why you want the card/what'd you use it for. I do not want answers like, "I want the card because my families really poor and we can't afford to get a card," - I don't want people giving reasons attempting to get pity. If you want the card to give to a sibling, great! Or if you are a couple bucks short of a game, great! But I don't want pity-seeking answers.

2.) I want you to draw a picture. I would the picture to either be Disney related or Studio Ghibli related. I am putting in this so that people can't submit pictures from five years ago because that defeats the purpose. I am not judging on skill! I am judging on effort. I am only adding this in because at least it'll weed out the lazy people. This way people can't give me lame 30 second answers. If you have to draw it'll require more effort and hopefully I won't have to go through a bunch of lame answers. I'm hoping if you take time to draw something you'll actually put thought into your answer. And I like seeing drawings. :p

There is no entry fee and I will keep it open until January 10th, unless people need longer! I don't know how long it'll take to draw a picture. If a couple people really really want to enter but can't finish a drawing by the 10th I'll extend the date. ^~^

Good luck everybody and have fun! This is for fun! Don't stress about it! ^~^

Last edited:
Reactions: Ninja-Patty, CJ, Yumi Chi and 9 others
I'm planning to enter but how is the winner picked?

For drawings must they be on actual paper or can I use paint or something like it?

Reactions: Kiki
For drawings must they be on actual paper or can I use paint or something like it?

You can use paint! :) whichever tool you feel the most comfortable using. ^~^

I am going to look through all the entries and pick the winner depending on why they want it and if they actually put effort into their drawing. I may ask another user or two to help me do this.

Same question here and cool giveaway!

I would love to enter the contest but what am I suppose to draw? Anything? And I want the eshop card basically to buy new Themes for my brothers and me also would like to consider using the credit to get classic nintendo games from the eshop like super mario bros or Kirbys dreamland Thanks for doing this!

Reactions: Derplink_:3
I'll just go ahead and give my reasoning now and I'll submit my drawing sometime in the next couple days.

I'd like the card to be able to get some DLC from games like MK8, virtual consoles, and/or maybe a theme or two. My mom thinks that there are better ways to spend my money but maybe I could get her a Mario game from the virtual console that we can both enjoy. Or something like that. I'm not trying to beg, or ask for pity, or anything of the sort. If I don't get it and someone else does, congrats to them and this is not my only chance. I'm not desperate or anything. :)

I'll start work on the drawing.

Reactions: Robyn, sakuraxaya, Tri-force64 and 5 others
Hey, I would like to get the card because I wanted to get fantasy life. I have 30$ On my Ds so I also wanted to get punch out! So Here's A shy guy.
image.jpg

Disney or Studio Ghibli themed pictures guys. That Shy Guy is lovely but to my knowledge he has not appeared in any work by Disney or Studio Ghibli.

Thank you Rin for your entry! ^~^

Last edited:
Reactions: Starmanfan
image.jpg

Here ya go :p Kinda sloppy but I'm bad at drawing and it took, like, 15-20 mins probably. I didn't trace but I did use a tutorial on Dragoart for the face. I can link it for reference if you want me to.

Reactions: Robyn, Malladus, 532 and 7 others
I want to tell you my reason of why I decided to participate in this giveaway.

I want to enjoy a teacup of nostalgia while playing the recently released Ace Attorney series, that is Ace Attorney Trilogy. If you haven't heard about the series, it's a text-adventure/puzzle game about being an attorney developed and published by Capcom. This series is a rival to Professor Layton series developed and published by Level-5.

I have been buying game on my own, so if I get this giveaway, I just need to work for another $10. Anyway, thank you for doing this giveaway! I will submit my drawing later :3

Reactions: Kiki
No need to link a reference! :) Thank you very much for entering Rin!

1.) I'm trying to get Tomodachi life for my sister because she gave me a nice Christmas gift and so I got her already $10 on her eShop account and then if I get $20 to add that will help a lot in getting her the one game she has been begging me for.

2.)
Pic: I made it on colors!3D.
HNI_0033.jpg
my drawing is kinda bad.

Last edited:
Thank you Dwikrid!

Starmanfan >~< confliction. I really think you should be the one to draw the picture since you're entering. I know you are entering for your sister but I just think you should draw your own picture. Also fair warning about Tomodachi Life - a lot of people don't seem to like it that much. D:

Thank you Dwikrid!

Starmanfan >~< confliction. I really think you should be the one to draw the picture since you're entering. I know you are entering for your sister but I just think you should draw your own picture. Also fair warning about Tomodachi Life - a lot of people don't seem to like it that much. D:
Cinfliction-if you want, I can do that. She just wanted to draw as I already got her $10 of the $35 she needs to get the game

Fair warning- I know ppl don't seem to like it that much, I own the game but she really wants her own copy after playing in mine for a while.

Wait I'm confused. So are we aloud to use a reference image? Also how is the winner picked? Is it random, based on the artwork or based on the question answers?

I assume references are allowed. I also assume tracing is frowned upon but that's up to Cheshire.

As for votes I think she's counting on effort for the drawings (not quality), not pity begging while having a legit enough reason for the code. Basically not complaining about not having money (pity begging) and not saying "I want this cuz you all suck" or something like that :p

Reactions: Derplink_:3 and Starmanfan
How 'bout I draw one on Paper. Will that resolve the issue?

I assume references are allowed. I also assume tracing is frowned upon but that's up to Cheshire.

As for votes I think she's counting on effort for the drawings (not quality), not pity begging while having a legit enough reason for the code. Basically not complaining about not having money (pity begging) and not saying "I want this cuz you all suck" or something like that :p

Thanks for the clarification :D

Exactly what Rin said! :) Thank you! I would also prefer people did not trace or use coloring books. References are most certainly allowed though! ^~^

Starmanfan - I would really love for you to draw your own picture, just to keep things fair. Tell your sister that her Mickey is lovely though! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Starmanfan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back