Ultimate NES Remix (Release Date 5 Dec 2014)

• Thread starter Batfreak
  • Start date
Batfreak

Batfreak

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
I don't see a lot of buzz over this game. Now, I know most of the titles featured in the game are available in the eShop's Virtual Console service already, but there are so many great features I want to try out!

Isn't ANYONE excited about this game?

I wouldn't say I'm really hyped about this game (I won't buy it on release day) but it's sure I'll grab it. The NES has been a great part in my childhood and seeing a little compilation of NES games on my 3DS with mini games sounds like an awesome idea to me.

Reactions: Kakea and Batfreak
Just got it (it released last week in the EU) and it's really good, I hadn't played one of these before but taking games I love and making them into mini games is genius.
The "hit 2 goombas in 5 seconds" Super Mario Bros games give me a lot of respect for 6 year old me, who could have performed the SMB tasks with a greater degree of ease than I have so far!

Just got it (it released last week in the EU) and it's really good, I hadn't played one of these before but taking games I love and making them into mini games is genius.
The "hit 2 goombas in 5 seconds" Super Mario Bros games give me a lot of respect for 6 year old me, who could have performed the SMB tasks with a greater degree of ease than I have so far!

That's great, I can't wait for its release!

Reactions: Kakea
I'm personally am looking forward to the release of this game. I don't have a Wii U, so I haven't played the NES REMIX games on the Virtual Console. The minigames within the game always looked fun, so I would definitely try this game out.

Some of it's quite hard! I'm old enough to have had a NES as a kid and remembering the control schemes between remixes as well as, say, playing as Kirby in a SMB dungeon so the physics are different is really quite challenging! The recreations are amazing though, SMB3 even has the flickering lines/ framerate slowdown when too many enemies appear at once

Some of it's quite hard! I'm old enough to have had a NES as a kid and remembering the control schemes between remixes as well as, say, playing as Kirby in a SMB dungeon so the physics are different is really quite challenging! The recreations are amazing though, SMB3 even has the flickering lines/ framerate slowdown when too many enemies appear at once

Playing as Kirby in SMB sounds freaking amazing.

Reactions: Kakea and weaselpipe
Playing as Kirby in SMB sounds freaking amazing.
It comes as a complete surprise as well, open it and suddenly you're Kirby and the clock is ticking! Apparently further in you get Link in Donkey Kong....

I think I'll buy this game digital, it looks perfect for bus and stuff like that

Yeah I can't wait!!!

Finally found people as excited as I am to get this it's sounds freakin' awesome from the comments I read so far:there's more than just the minigames!!?

Reactions: weaselpipe
Finally found people as excited as I am to get this it's sounds freakin' awesome from the comments I read so far:there's more than just the minigames!!?

So some of it is mini parts of a specific game, some are remixes. They also include a sped up version of SMB

Awesome! I can't wait to play this! I personally love how old games look:I think games should look old(if the gameplay not surrounding on graphics)

I am kind of old school gamer and to be honest I am not excited to buy this game. I am not saying these games are good, yes of course they are, but we already played them on their legitimate console, I don't see the point in buying these games again.

This game is different: it's not just the same games they're played differently,I agree with you on buying the exact thing over though.Me and my bros bought Super Mario Bros 3 on everything possible 'til we saw it for 3DS.We LOVE the game but don't want to buy it again.(If Nintendo redid it though I might:New doomships,levels,power ups and enemies with the same graphics)

I love this game it is amazing! Read my review on the blog posts!

Hmmm what is it for?

It is a review of Ultimate NES Remix for the 3DS! It is my first blog post/review too!

If I had the money I would buy the game,i mean the famous Nintendo characters are in it except for pokemon.I do like when you buy the game from the e-shop you can get a free theme in your receipt.The game is cool in my opinion but since pokemon ORAS released they are talking about that and smash now.

Arcade game challenge?

Back