PS Vita, is it worth it?

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
So, my PS4 is currently hooked on my TV, and I don't always have access to the TV. I was thinking about getting a PS Vite to use Remote Play, a bit like the Wii U.

Is it worth it currently? I know that when it came out, it wasn't worth it at all, but right now, is it a fun system to own?

Sony has abandon the PS Vita meaning no more games/updates, so in my opinion, stick with the 3DS.

It's not at all a matter of choosing a handheld instead of another ._.

my friend has a vita and personally ive seen the struggle first hand of trying to help him find any decent games for I. and I agree with @Bobcam7! Sony abandon this one faster than anything ive ever seen in the gaming community. I mean its great if you have a bunch of old PSP or PSX games purchased on the playstation network. I mean I basically gave my friend access to my account cause me and him are tottaly nerds about anything Final Fantasy and I happen to have every gam purchased except for type-o and 15. so no I don't think its worth it.

no I have one just no. you can't map controls and the existing ones suck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen many Interesting games for the Vita from Japan, But what went wrong was the pricing of the Vita and it's accessories , as well Sony turning a blind eye to it. On top of that, they didn't have anything to show for E3 (I'm not sure if it's because they didn't have anything to show or if they did but just weren't confident in showing the world.)
For it's price It's not worth it, but it's not a bad console from what I've heard. It had much potential, Sony just didn't have enough confidence in it. (worse still they basically neglected it.)

Alright, thanks guys! I guess even Remote Play isn't worth it?

agreed if they had put a little bit more effort into it and been more confident I think it could have been on par with the ds family as far as functionality and design go its awesome just needs work on Sony's end.

its wasted potential

well I don't know about that because with a little work it could be an awesome tool even if it is fo rold games. just my personal opinion.

well I don't know about that because with a little work it could be an awesome tool even if it is fo rold games. just my personal opinion.

I sold a 3ds to buy a vita. The whole time I had a vita I wanted my ds back.

Now with that I can see why lol. I wouldent give up my 3ds for the whole world. but I would like a vita too

The old PSP is still much better than the PSVita. More games, better games. PSVita is dead. I loved it in the beginning but it's really dead now. 3DS beats the heck out of it.

The old PSP is still much better than the PSVita. More games, better games. PSVita is dead. I loved it in the beginning but it's really dead now. 3DS beats the heck out of it.

Same, the 3DS is much better, Vita is sadly dead, it had a lot of potential and Sony didn't care.

The vita is dead?!?! It sucks?!?!? ITS GOT REMOTE PLAY AND BORDERLANDS 2/DOE

I have a PSP and I never touch it actually...

But I know the 3DS is better, which is why I bought it over Sony's sytem, that I already know. I just wanted to see if it was worth it to get it, at least for remote play and possibly other features, but it seems like not.

But I know the 3DS is better, which is why I bought it over Sony's sytem, that I already know. I just wanted to see if it was worth it to get it, at least for remote play and possibly other features, but it seems like not.
IPlayer it before, I think its worth it.

Save your money please. Don't make my mistake.

If I had a PSP, I'd crack it with homebrew and play all of the amazing games that it has to offer. There are like so many games that I'd love to play on the PSP. Yes, I'm looking at you God of War.

The Vita is a .. very niche device. If you're into JRPG's, Visual novels and anime games then well it's the device for you. In the west those are the games that are mainly localized. If, however, you know Japanese, this opens you up to thousands of games that never ever get translated that are really good. A lot of famous visual novels (like Type-Moon's works for instance) are in Japanese and would never see an official translation here. It's really popular in Japan whereas here it's dead, and Sony pretty much disregards its existence. Persona 4 Dancing and Steins;Gate 0 are pretty much the only games worth getting on it for this year. I personally use mine for the aforementioned genres of games, I also have some PS1 games on hand because the portability factor is a nice touch. I don't really use remote play because it just looks bad, if I can't use the PS4 I'll just wait or go out, it's better to use the PS4 on a monitor/TV than the Vita. But I can see remote play being a big thing if you're physically away from home for a while.

Back