Was Animal Crossing: New Leaf Worth Your Money?

• Thread starter Corey
  • Start date
Corey

Corey

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Well, was it? When you bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf at either a retailer or the Nintendo eShop, and started playing it, was it money well spent?

For me, I think I made a good purchase. The game is great, and I have played it for a myriad of hours. The only problem I have had with the game is when I wanted to play with my friend. Every time I would try to go to his town, I would get an error message, and every time he would try to come to my town, he would get an error message. We spent a week trying to connect with each other, but luckily, we found a solution online.

Last edited:
I think I got my money's worth. It's just that I don't play that much anymore. I do enjoy playing with friends, like you said. Maybe I've just been too busy.

Bottom line. Nintendo put together a fabulous game with minor issues. It was worth every penny. I just need to find a personal way of entertaining myself on that game. :)

I didn't buy the game for myself. Am I still able to post here? :p

Anyways yes I think it is an amazing game. It's fun. I wish I could play with my friends more though.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf was worth the $35 (no tax) that I payed for it. I was iffy about making the purchase at first, but I'm glad that I did, :singing:

Reactions: ErixSan
It was definitely worth the money, tons of content in 1 game for $35 and still more left :D.

Yes, this game was worth every cent of my money. It just has so much to offer, like online multiplayer, where you can visit another friend's town and play with them.

It was definitly worth my brother's play it all the time
even though i don't let them at all.
I purchased the game in the Eshop for portabality.

It was definitly worth my brother's play it all the time
even though i don't let them at all.
I purchased the game in the Eshop for portabality.
Is the eShop title cheaper or the same amount? I never bothered to check.

Is the eShop title cheaper or the same amount? I never bothered to check.

I might depend on the tax unless you put in a zip code for a location that has no sales tax. That's what I did for my eShop purchase, but I got Animal Crossing: New Leaf in the store. I think it might be a little cheaper in the eShop if you're considering no tax on the game. :)

I might depend on the tax unless you put in a zip code for a location that has no sales tax. That's what I did for my eShop purchase, but I got Animal Crossing: New Leaf in the store. I think it might be a little cheaper in the eShop if you're considering no tax on the game. :)
Can you change that? 0.0

Can you change that? 0.0

You might be able to. I'm pretty sure you can. I added a zip code from Delaware, where there is no sales tax (even though I'm from a state with sales tax).

Can you change that? 0.0
Choose Zipcodes from like Alaska or California, but you might have to switch the wallet from your previous country. It doesn't mean you're going to lose it just kept in storage until you change back.

Choose Zipcodes from like Alaska or California, but you might have to switch the wallet from your previous country. It doesn't mean you're going to lose it just kept in storage until you change back.

I'm using the Alaska zip code.

I think it was worth my money. Although it does get boring at times, its fun overall.

I think it was worth my money. Although it does get boring at times, its fun overall.

While I do agree that the game gets boring at times, what parts of the game do you find boring? :)

Yes. Completely worth it. Unlike past editions the improvements were very noticeable and the team worked hard to remove some of the previously tiring things like having to show fossils and donations one by one. accessing effortless other people's towns and the main street shops. Adding new stores and furniture. Venturing to change some of the formula without taking its essence which brings a expanded, richer game in comparison.

People that starts with new Leaf are for sure going to miss many things right now they take for granted if they pick up older versions. :p

People that starts with new Leaf are for sure going to miss many things right now they take for granted if they pick up older versions. :p
So you are saying that if you haven't played the previous AC games and this is your first AC game, you'll take some of the things for granted because you never experienced what it was like in the past? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand what you wrote because I couldn't understand what you wrote. :(

And Nintendo did work really hard. :)

I think it was worth it because of all the new things they added to the game. Stuff like going on the island with friends, the chat feature, club lol, working in the cafe, to name a few. I played so much on it though, I think I 'burned up' the fuel of the game for myself and now I don't enjoy it as much as I used to, but that doesn't mean I don't regret buying it. It's just something that always happens for me with AC games, I play them a lot at a time and then get bored for maybe a few weeks or months, then I get back and it's fun all over again :)

Reactions: Chief
So you are saying that if you haven't played the previous AC games and this is your first AC game, you'll take some of the things for granted because you never experienced what it was like in the past? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand what you wrote because I couldn't understand what you wrote. :(

And Nintendo did work really hard. :)
I am saying that if you start with new leaf you will miss some of things from New Leaf, mostly comfort to say no needed a separated friend code exchange to visit between towns, the ability to accumulate 9 fruits in one slot, selecting multiple items for blathers, etc.Those little things, they are so small and work so well that one just don't think it didn't used to be like that, so I meant 'miss' as in "I wish i could do it here too". Besides that, if people enjoyed NL they sure can enjoy the past games too, the AC core is still the same, minus the Mayor obligations..

Although I do wish the citizen's pay more for public works which causes the game to be slower.

Back