What do you think about Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
So... What do you guys think about Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

I decided to purchase the game for myself too. Haven't played it yet, but I will soon.

I'm addicted. I didn't think I'd get so absorbed in it so quickly, but I've not put it down! :D

Reactions: Marc
I actually learning how to play it, :p

I'm addicted. I didn't think I'd get so absorbed in it so quickly, but I've not put it down! :D
How can I save?

How can I save?
You have to go in your room and sleep [it's in walking distance (right) from the leader or whatever you call him].

Reactions: ErixSan
You have to go in your room and sleep (it's in walking distance
from the leader or whatever you call him).​

Thanks... :p
Well, I will play it today, but the forum is first :D

One of the most addictive games of all time. The game provides a decent tutorial, fresh challenge, great graphics anr lots of fun. I currently just finished hunting a Rathalos, it took me awhile with my current equipment; but it will be well worth it if I keep farming this monster. I love how you can upgrade weapons and combine items. The game is really vast. There aren't many maps, but there are tons of monsters with many different subspecies that can branch off into entirely different weapons and armor.

Getting the hang of combat is a bit to get use to if you play many fast paced games, but once you open your mind, it's infinite amounts of enjoyable. You really have to appreciate RPGs and core stats if you're going to have a heart for this game, it's so much fun. Did I mention that it's really addictive? =3

It's an awesome game. I've just downloaded the Demo and the graphics and the gameplay are amazing, reminds me of Diablo. btw, I also have the code to the full version (thanks to @Marc) Which I will be downloading as soon as I receive my new SD card. :D

I started to play it... AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

I started the game as well and it's freaking great. Apart from the graphics, the gameplay is cool except for the weird camera controls. I'm still getting used to a lot of the in-game features but so far the game has been really awesome.
I've gathered 'Shrooms!! :D Slayed Gigantic Lizards!! :D and Stole horns off of animals xD

Reactions: Flarence and Marc
I started the game as well and it's freaking great. Apart from the graphics, the gameplay is cool except for the weird camera controls. I'm still getting used to a lot of the in-game features but so far the game has been really awesome.
I've gathered 'Shrooms!! :D Slayed Gigantic Lizards!! :D and Stole horns off of animals xD

Well, I customized the controls and the lower screen, so zero problems...

I'm using the big sword weapon (katana one). Too powerful, but really really slow.

The "LOCK ON" tool is extremely helpful. I recommend using it a lot. It's especially useful underwater.

Well, I customized the controls and the lower screen, so zero problems...

I'm using the big sword weapon (katana one). Too powerful, but really really slow.
I'm getting used to the controls as well but I could definitely use a second circle pad, to be honest.
I'm using the big Bone Blade, it's too damn slow but too damn powerful! One Hit KO I tell ya xD

I'm getting used to the controls as well but I could definitely use a second circle pad, to be honest.
I'm using the big Bone Blade, it's too damn slow but too damn powerful! One Hit KO I tell ya xD

Well, slow and big weapons are hard to use with small enemies.

Well, slow and big weapons are hard to use with small enemies.
True but once you start a combo then slow weapons can be so deadly! btw, I just accidentally came across the Lagiacrus! :eek: Had to run away like a wuss :dead:

I got it recently it is AMAZING, there is just a plethora of content, a myriad of things to do. I haven't scratched the surface yet. I think I understand why MH got a cult following. I want to try out all the classes and weapons but it is probably going to take forever. The monster designs are interesting and creative and I haven't even seen a large monster yet so plenty more is waiting for me. The combo system is a bit confusing just because of the sheer amount of items, resources, and etc. Although it does kind of throw you in and it does take a quite a bit to take used to the control system it is definitely playable. I have a circle pad pro that I am using with MH3U, the game is just infinitely more playable because of it, it becomes really convenient. I know that some people don't like the design because it looks uncomfortable, but honestly it really is smooth, easy to hold and just plain useful. Although some things are confusing because you might not know what resources are, or how to gain them, or they just blend in with the environment to much BUT I think it does add in to the immersion factor. Finally the multiplayer factor is very wasted on me because there are just no MH3U in korea so that's a lost cause but I am looking forward to MH4's online capabilities.
tl;dr 9.5/10
Pikachu approved

Reactions: 18, ErixSan and Marc
From the gameplay videos it looks like a vast improvement over the previous games. I haven't played it though, so... :oops:

Reactions: jandkas
I don't have the game but I've played the demo. Those monsters were hard at first, but with dual-blades, it was easy.

It's an amazing game. The downside though, is you need a Wii for multiplayer through internet.

It's actually really good, I love how there are so many beasts and weapons, I also like the graphics not bad for a 3ds but I don't like the camera movements .

Well, I haven't played the game, but I'll judge it by the demo, I think this game has amazing graphics, it's smooth, I love the weapons, and the creativity when it comes to the creation of the beasts, the only problem I have (which is everyone's problem) is the camera angles/movements, when I get Monster Hunter 4, I think I'll save up for a Circle Pad Pro.

Back