what is better Pokemon or Yo-Kai

• Thread starter pokemon wiz kid
  • Start date
pokemon wiz kid

pokemon wiz kid

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
What do you think is better Pokemon or Yo-Kai? In Yo-Kai you have to adventure through the city and capture Yo-Kai and try to stop them to stop causing michief and bad things. And In pokemon its the same thing without the Michief. But you have to go to gyms and battle the Leaders Also you have to Catch the rare pokemon that is suppose to be in the game for example pokemon omega ruby you get groudoun and in pokemon X you get Yeveltal. So what game do you think is better Pokemon or Yo-Kai? My personal opinion would be that pokemon is better because I loved pokemon since I was a little kid and I loved it when they made games about it. What is your personal opinion about who is better. Please post in the comments below on what is better pokemon or yo-Kai

Reactions: DustinPlayz
I prefer Pokemon. In Pokemon you travel around the region and not traveling only in the city, and like you said, Pokemon has no mischiefs. Also a huge diffrence is how you befriend the Yo-Kai's or the Pokemons. In Pokemon you catch them, with a diffrent catch rate for each Pokemon, and in Yo-Kai they choose if they want to befriend them. Another huge diffrent is the battles. In Yo-Kai you use Soultimate and tap on bubbles, tracing, etc. and in Pokemon you just use attacks.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
IMO I would say Pokemon is better. If the demo of Yo-Kai is anything to go by I would say that Yo-Kai is a not so great pokemonish game that is not as good, and is meant for younger people. Pokemon has a lot of cool stuff online battles actually skill needed to breed correctly and choose the right moves and pokemon. BUT this is just my opinion if someone really likes Yo-Kai good for them.

Hm... well, Pokémon and Yokai-Watch are totally different games, if they have somethig in common it's the creature collecting aspect of it. Of course, I'll choose Pokémon. Unlike Yokai-Watch, capturing Pokémon is nowhere near as hard as befriending Yokai, makig it much easier to incorporate the creatures you want in your team. I also prefer the turn based combat of Pokémon, it's a lot less messy than Yokai-Watch's action command combat. However, Yokai-Watch isn't a bad game by any means, we only have the first version overseas after all, so if you're interested in it try out the demo and if it really pulls you in, then get the game!

Reactions: BonnetteForever
I have only played the Yo-kai demo so far. While it was really enjoyable I simply have more memories with Pokémon. The demo was also a bit more childish than I expected. But it was fresher than Pokémon. On the other hand, Pokémon is more iconic, it has a bigger wworld to explore, more to offer (as of now) so therefore I side with Pokémon.

Pokemon will always have a special place in my heart! It was a big part of my childhood, and I will always have fond memories of it!
Yokai Watch never really appealed to me. I saw the TV show and kind of felt like it was a bit of a Pokemon ripoff, so I wasn't very interested when I saw that there was a game for it. I might try it out someday, but I doubt I would like it more than Pokemon.
I'm not saying Yokai Watch is bad, just that I like Pokemon more.

Pokemon, I think it's more well-known among gamers. I haven't seen the Yo-Kai anime myself, but I thought I'd give the demo a try. It was alright, but it didn't really appeal to me. It's kinda limited if you haven't seen any of the series. I've loved Pokemon ever since it was released in 1996, and I've played almost every game in the franchise. It never fails to impress me! :D

Pokemon, no way around that. I've been a Pokemon fan all mah life. Not all my life but...you get it :p I like the story and the free part of breeding most of all. Especially making your own teams. And soft resetting the legendary Pokemon as well <3

Wow just wow nobody even get to choose yo-kai watch, so i choose yo-kai watch plz dont be like u know wat i mean cause i dont have any pokemon games. Yo-kai watch looks so fun and fine like example: in pokemon u must pay for poke balls and in yo-kai watch u could just buy foods to heal or increase the loving thing to befriend the yo-kai and also i cant wait for the yo-kai watch 2!

Hello everyone. I prefer Pokemon.I played every pokemon games. The adventure and the graphism are very good you can battle with friends and many people in the world and maybe become the best trainer. The creators of pokemon have very many ideas. I don't know what people think but i think Pokemon is better.

Anything that isn't pokemon is better than pokemon. At least that's my terrible opinion lol. Yo-Kai simply seem a ton more interesting to me than Pocket Monsters ever would; so it's an easy choice on my part. xP

Honestly I preferred Yo-Kai-Watch because it was more challenging had a better story than a glorified version of saying 'get gud beat strong peoples and win and stuff' (lol I've just offended so many people with that) and overall better gameplay, Yo Kai was much more interactive and you feel like you can connect to the Yo Kai. For example one of my favourites was *spoiler* hungramps as you wanted to feel sorry for him as the only reason he was enspiriting the store was to see his granddaughter whom he'd grown rather distant from. Well that's just my opinion.

i played the demo of yo-kai watch and I was really bored. i fought a bunch of yokai monsters but it wasn't really that fun. Maybe I'd like it better if I could do something maybe like fun minigames or if there was a sense of progression other than catching new monsters and leveling up-I like the pokemon system where you get better pokemon later on (except starter) and there's something to work for. I don't know too much about yo-kai but I'm not too interested

Pokémon, it's simple for me.

IMO the anime was really crazy to the point I hated it. It was also obvious they where trying to rip off Pokémon, and I prefer the speaking Pokémon much more then the Yo-kai speaking, IMO it makes you feel you have a better bond. I have much more memories and enjoyment with Pokémon. I can't remember a point in time where I didn't know/like Pokémon. And finally, the Yo-kai watch combat... It really bored me... That's just my opinion, I can see what there is to like about Yo-kai watch, I just overall like Pokémon more.

I dont know im saving up to buy Yo Kai but I have played the demo and i thought it was AWESOME so if anyone wants to help me get the game and play it to see witch is better pls send me a message on Miivers my name is D-Man

Anything that isn't pokemon is better than pokemon. At least that's my terrible opinion lol. Yo-Kai simply seem a ton more interesting to me than Pocket Monsters ever would; so it's an easy choice on my part. xP
Pokemon=Pocket Monsters

I dont know im saving up to buy Yo Kai but I have played the demo and i thought it was AWESOME so if anyone wants to help me get the game and play it to see witch is better pls send me a message on Miivers my name is D-Man
The game is fun and yay finally some people chosed yo-kai watch...

Pokemon hands down. Seriously, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

Pokemon is a 100% better, since the story is better. And I'm not talking about the story in one game, but rather through all the games. Plus Pokemon,you can have more of one and it is more evolved.

If you ask me i would say pokemon because it known it for a long time even if the games are a bit similar to each other for instance you both catch creatures and train them to an certain level to evolve. Besides that they have their difference in yo kai people that are angry, hungry and other reasons are being influenced by an yo kai so you have to stop them whit your yo kai. And with pokemon you try to catch all pokemon and fight against other trainers to become the strongest of them all. that is what i like in my opinion to try to be the best in something.:punch:

honestly i'd say stick with something you know (pokemon) I couldn't really handle yo kai and gave up cause I knew and saw how stupid it was to me being 19 I just looked at it as a 5 year olds game..

it weird to be honest, I gave up on it and the show cause I thought it was just a big pile of mess, id rather like little battlers experience by level 5 and not yo kai but idk I came from yo kai and I don't think ill like that game either, so anyways I would definitely go for Pokémon any day. I was given yo kai free from a friend at school but just sold it cause I could care less about it, I was really and still am into zelda and monster hunter as of late so yeah.

where was I... Oh I've played like every Pokémon game and played with the cards back then, honestly it was fun playing the Pokémon games i had good experiences playing those, I just couldn't handle yo kai at... What an annoying show and game.... Sorry if I've offended you people, but Pokémon will never go in defeat of this!

Back