what region for no taxes

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
what region do i set my eshop at for no taxes. and does actualy take them all away or just a few taxes? i wont to know before i buy any thing from it.

Is it safe to do this? I heard one story in which a user was threatened to have the eshop locked if they continued with a false zipcode

Is it safe to do this? I heard one story in which a user was threatened to have the eshop locked if they continued with a false zipcode

Nah, it's safe

Nah, it's safe
lolok. Gotta love the internet for making it so easy to know where to find the regions that'll give the best deals regarding this stuff

Nah, it's safe
just a clarifcation though. Does the address have to remain even after the purchase, or will they not care if you eventually revert back to the original at some point?

just a clarifcation though. Does the address have to remain even after the purchase, or will they not care if you eventually revert back to the original at some point?

Don't know. Sorry.

Don't know. Sorry.
I know. i tried a bunch before coming here to ask and it did not say anything about doing that. they probobly though you move a lot lol.

I know. i tried a bunch before coming here to ask and it did not say anything about doing that. they probobly though you move a lot lol.
ehh they might get suspicious after a while. I mean, in the case of that one guy I was talking about, he said Nintendo contacted him like a month after the purchase.

Don't know. Sorry.
Thanks anyway, I probably know more than I did before

I use alaska, has been working fine for the year and a half I've had my 3DS, and I've bought 20 or so games. So IDK about Nintendo Being suspicious.

I use alaska, has been working fine for the year and a half I've had my 3DS, and I've bought 20 or so games. So IDK about Nintendo Being suspicious.
ok, maybe that one story was just a troll. I haven't heard any similar stories to match the one I mentioned.

if that did happen how would nintendo know where you realy live? also thanks again Erixsan.

if that did happen how would nintendo know where you realy live? also thanks again Erixsan.
Just set your 3DS' zip code to somewhere in a tax free region, your address for other things can be your actual address.

They could probably figure out based on IP address and such for when connected to the Internet. Somewhat a no-brainer lol

what region do i set my eshop at for no taxes. and does actualy take them all away or just a few taxes? i wont to know before i buy any thing from it.

No it is Tax Fraud. It is illegal, I do not think you should do this. But if you really want to I think the best place to get the least tax is Alaska. Do it at your own risk though!

Hahaha just change your postal codes in location settings in the eshop to 99551 for no taxes well it's safe to say that how do they know you do not live there etc , move places so yes it's kind of safe :p

Hahaha just change your postal codes in location settings in the eshop to 99551 for no taxes well it's safe to say that how do they know you do not live there etc , move places so yes it's kind of safe :p
there have been some cases of being locked out of the eshop because of this. People have reported this on forums on the internet, so just beware when you do this kind of thing...

there have been some cases of being locked out of the eshop because of this. People have reported this on forums on the internet, so just beware when you do this kind of thing...
Oh well thanks for the consideration and I will be aware of this , hopefully I do not get locked out of the E-shop due to this reason maybe something else.

Oh well thanks for the consideration and I will be aware of this , hopefully I do not get locked out of the E-shop due to this reason maybe something else.
Just keep an eye on your settings. I remember one user on this forum brought this up and was locked out of the eshop for a period of time because she had the settings a certain way

Back