What will phones be like in ten years?

• Thread starter pandaa
  • Start date
pandaa

pandaa

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
If you go back 10 years, I believe we're around the time where flip phones were popular, and Apple was just about to release the original iPhone. It's crazy how much more advanced phones have become in only 10 years. This begs the question, where do you think we might potentially be with mobile technology in 10 more years?

i am not sure. but think of this 30 years ago there was no internet for regular people only the army.

Last edited:
it be implanted in our brains. or like the eyephone in futurama

i am not sure. but think of this 20 years ago there was no internet for regular people only the army.

The internet was first made available to the public in 1983, just saying.

oops lol well it was nothing like it is today. (editing to 30 years ago)

oops lol well it was nothing like it is today. (editing to 30 years ago)

I was still available 30 years ago though. But yeah, I get your point. It wasn't as big a part of our lives back then.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
in a way it was out 30 years ago. but it wasnt the internet until 94'. prior to that it was use to network computers at university so that you could get the same information no matter where you were

yea it was not at all like it is today.

I guess technology like this will always move forward

Head strapped on? *shrugs* I think the watch-phone is the thing of the future. Maybe it'll be a flip phone iPhone hybrid. That or just redesigns of the present.

I suppose that voice recognition software will actually start to work properly and the new generation of kiddy-widdies will forget how to type and write. :( Kinda why I'm against keeping phones :p

some small device which projects images? xD

you can watch shows/vids/face-time or video chat all on a larger scale and even call with some sort of surround system xD

Phones will have become more indestructible and flexible, faster, higher resolutions.

Holograms in phones is not gonna be a thing unfortunately, one thing I wanted.

Phones will have become more indestructible and flexible, faster, higher resolutions.

Holograms in phones is not gonna be a thing unfortunately, one thing I wanted.
More indestructible? More than Nokia 3310 :eek: ?
Anyways, They will be a small weightless display that floats in your hand. I think that they will be a very good innovation. Well, let's see what time brings us. :angelic:

My theory is that phones will evolve into magical ponies which galop into your ear to relay phone calls and such. Just a simple theory which has been on my mind for the past few days... :bookworm:

My theory is that phones will evolve into magical ponies which galop into your ear to relay phone calls and such. Just a simple theory which has been on my mind for the past few days... :bookworm:
Now that is just too much fantasy. Take a look at this. Phones could very well be like this in the future
future-of-cell-phones.jpg

Reactions: Eevee and Anorak
No phones, they're built into your brain 0_o

No phones, they're built into your brain 0_o
Whoa, now that is possible. A brain transplant for a phone would be overkill, though. And not to mention, expensive.

Whoa, now that is possible. A brain transplant for a phone would be overkill, though. And not to mention, expensive.
But if people are willing to spend thousands dollars every time a new Apple device comes out with at most two new features, then the cost for a brain transplant should be nothing :p

But if people are willing to spend thousands dollars every time a new Apple device comes out with at most two new features, then the cost for a brain transplant should be nothing :p
Haha well, there we have a valid point :D

Back