What's your favorite weapon? Your least?

• Thread starter danathann
  • Start date
danathann

danathann

mr saturn
Towns Folk
I only got MH4U about a week ago and I've been loving the Switch Axe! My least favorite definitely has to be the bow, I am horrible at using it :( So now I'll ask you - What's your favorite weapon? What's your least favorite weapon and why?

i love the insect glaive! it's the easiest weapon to mount with, it's one of only 2 weapons that can heal without being honed, and it's really helpful against flying monsters. i can even get up onto dah'ren's back easily :D however, it seems like i'm the worst whenever i use the great sword. sometimes i can't charge long enough, other times (ok, most of the time) i just miss entirely ._.

I like using all of the weapons in 4U, my favorite being the long sword. I have no least favorite, and in terms of proficiency I'm mediocre with all of the weapons. :cat:

Favorite: Insect Glaive, I like really mobile weapons.
Least Favorite: Hunting Horn, takes a bit to memorize the songs.

My favorite weapons are the hunting horn and long sword. The hunting horn can give you stat boost to you and your team and the long sword is fast and easy to combo with. My least favorite weapon is the gunlance because of it's short range and slow firing rate.

Love the longsword. Its insane reach, quick attacks and decent damage make it definitely my favorite, followed closely with the hunting horn, which I use for impact damage.

My least favorite is the lance family. I doubt not that it works, but when I play monster hunter, I look for more than
*Poke* *Poke* *Sidestep* *Repeat*

My favorite weapon would probably be the Dual Blades , I like how very devastating the weapon it is :D and using the demon mode was also very fun and epic , except that this weapon is very reckless :p My least favorite would probably the Hunting Horn , it's so slow and confusing ;~;

Favorite is the Great Sword. Its been my main wep ever since Freedom Unite.
I just really like how it hits so hard even if its pretty slow :p

Never been a fan of the Heavy Bowgun and Lance though.

I use basically ever weapon, but I don't like the lance. Either then that I use the bow, Long sword, occasionally Great Sword, Hammer, Horn, Dual Blades, and Glaive. I switch them out every so often. I never use the guns, but I don't dislike them. And, I'm gonna start using the new Switch Blade.

I have to say i dont actually have a favourite one, because i just feel comfortable using a couple of them like the charge blade (it was the first one i tried and it is the one i use the most), the long sword and the switch axe (the latter being the one i use the least). I cannot use the great sword because i feel like i am really slow, even though it is a very powerful weapon i am not able to hit even the largest monster with it

I really like the long sword. It feels powerful without being extremely slow, like the great sword. That said, I suck with the great sword. Im not good with the timing of that one

i like the dualblade because it's have many combo and it's feels lighter to use than other weapon

Favourite: IG or SnS or SA
Least: HH or GL

I'm going to revise my previous statement after putting in a couple hundred hours of CB. I'm best with SnS, CB, LBG, LS, Lance and DB. I'm absolute garbage with the GL, and am still mediocre with all other weapons. My favorite weapon to use is SnS, when Stylish Bombing.

My absolute favorite weapon is the insect glaive and I really don't mind using dual blades but the insect glaive is the best to me. The one that sucks to me is all the gunner types because when a monster is rampaging you, you need to act fast and stop aiming and find another spot to shoot him at. The only time I would recommend that weapon is in multiplayer because there is a chance that the monster won't go for you and you can shot it from a distance.

My absolute favorite weapon is the insect glaive and I really don't mind using dual blades but the insect glaive is the best to me. The one that sucks to me is all the gunner types because when a monster is rampaging you, you need to act fast and stop aiming and find another spot to shoot him at. The only time I would recommend that weapon is in multiplayer because there is a chance that the monster won't go for you and you can shot it from a distance.
LBG is the best when a monster is running at you as you can side step 2 times

My favorite has always been the sword and shield. Although in 4 my least favorite has to be the Insect Glaive, its too easy. There isn't really a challenge with it. I've played with a couple of friends who use it and they spam the Vault attack and it really stinks because you can basically use it for everything. Now sword and shield takes skill. Weak fast attacks, got to know when to block. That is a real challenge as far as I'm concerned.

My favorite has always been the sword and shield. Although in 4 my least favorite has to be the Insect Glaive, its too easy. There isn't really a challenge with it. I've played with a couple of friends who use it and they spam the Vault attack and it really stinks because you can basically use it for everything. Now sword and shield takes skill. Weak fast attacks, got to know when to block. That is a real challenge as far as I'm concerned.
There's so much more than spamming vault attacks to the IG. Every weapon takes skill.

My Favorite Weapon ATM is the Lance
My least favorite ever is Charge Blade its confusing

I have 4 favorites for specific reasons, and 3 weapons i cant stand. My first favorite is the Charge Blade. CB is really good weapon, since it can stun a monster, break parts easily, block attacks with the power of a great sword,morph from sword and shield to an axe, and charge its phials as well as the amazing ultra and super charges. My second is Insect glaive. It is the best weapon for mounting, and when the monster falls it gives your teammates time to heal or attack. Its also cool that it has the kinsect, that can be upgraded, and harvests juices easily. When you have all 3 types of juices, your attack speed and defense all increase, as well as the speed, number of hits you do per combo, and power go up by a lot. My third favorite is definitely going to be the heavy bowgun. I love it because of the special crouch fire position that enables to not have to reload for quite some time. Its also cool Because the 1 i use can take wyvern fire, and all crag shots. as well as slice and the other good ones. My fourth favorite is the Dual Blades. The demon mode is great, And the fact that you can deal so much elemental damage so fast because its a fast weapon is great as well. And if you chug down a Mega dash juice before a fight, your pretty much unstoppable. The weapon i hate most is definitely lance. I hate how every time you try to dodge, instead all you do is jump backwards, which pretty much never helps you avoid a hit unless its coming straight in front of you. The second weapon i hate most is Hunting Horn. Its ok when 1 is on your team, but when i used it for the first time, i lost against a GREAT JAGGI. those things are ridiculously easy so me and the Horn are just not meant to be. The last weapon i hate the most is the Great Sword. Its ok for damage, but its so SLOW its horrible.I can never dodge in time unless i manage a superman dive out of the way.

Back