When were you introduced to video games?

• Thread starter Necromancer540
  • Start date
Necromancer540

Necromancer540

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
When were you introduced to video games? When did you discover the joy of video games for the very first time

The Atari 2600. From the chatter on this forum, I feel like an old geezer amongst kids! It was fun in the early - mid 80's though, and I still actually play many of the games today.

It's no NES though.

Super marion galaxy 2!! I didnt play video game before,but after this game, im just into the video game!!

My uncle did it. First was the NES when I visited him, but I finished with a Genesis... XD

My very first game system I had was the NES, my dad bought it on Christmas when I was 5.

My brother owned an N64 a few years after release and that's when I started playing games.

I didn't really get into games until I got my own GBA, though.

My brothers did also, I remember playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Tutles, on the NES, I was horrible at it (was really young) but loved it, and the rest is history. Got the PS1 :love: Watched my brothers play all kinda games, until I was ready to play.

I was introduced to video games when I was 4, on the PS1. Then, I started playing on the GameCube at 7, when my sister was playing Zelda on it.

My brother owned a Gameboy Colour, and when I was about six or something I used to play Pokémon Silver when he was gone. For some reason I always played it in secret, as if I was afraid that he would get mad if he'd know I used his Gameboy :p

Reactions: D4rkDragon
My dad didn't want me to have any gaming consoles, but I bought a DS with my mom without ansking him. He was very angry! I was 7 years old, and my first game was Mario Kart DS.:)

Reactions: Reece
My dad didn't want me to have any gaming consoles, but I bought a DS with my mom without ansking him. He was very angry! I was 7 years old, and my first game was Mario Kart DS.:)

I know how that feels...

I was destined to play video games, my dad introduced it to me when I was 3, I played pokemon stadium and pokemon yellow :3 my 2 fav games I still play on my android phone ^^ I really enjoy that game pokemon stadium. :) i never reached mewtwo tho...

My dad didn't want me to play video games and neither did my mom, one day my uncle came up to me and said do you want me to buy you a game and I said I want a game boy pleas with sonic and mario! And when my uncle handed me a bag with a gameboy, my parents weren't happy.

My dad didn't want me to play video games and neither did my mom, one day my uncle came up to me and said do you want me to buy you a game and I said I want a game boy pleas with sonic and mario! And when my uncle handed me a bag with a gameboy, my parents weren't happy.

I hate when that happens...
Right now is more safe play a videogame than watching TV...

I hate when that happens...
Right now is more safe play a videogame than watching TV...

That's so true! With all those kinds of stupid shows that are broadcasted now, I think parents should understand that playing some video games (=/= all) is safer than watching TV sometimes.

That's so true! With all those kinds of stupid shows that are broadcasted now, I think parents should understand that playing some video games (=/= all) is safer than watching TV sometimes.

And there is better parent controls on consoles than on TV.

The first game i played and enjoyed was a collection of 100+ sega master system games on a ps1 disc, i started from alex the kidd, i remember how hard it was for me and how i couldn't pass that frog under the sea, anyway i gave up and tried many fun sega master system games. And then i started playing other ps1 games like Crash bandicoot, spyro, etc.

The first game i played and enjoyed was a collection of 100+ sega master system games on a ps1 disc, i started from alex the kidd, i remember how hard it was for me and how i couldn't pass that frog under the sea, anyway i gave up and tried many fun sega master system games. And then i started playing other ps1 games like Crash bandicoot, spyro, etc.

So the first game you played is a bootleg emulator for PS1... :p

Reactions: TAG
So the first game you played is a bootleg emulator for PS1... :p
Yes, i think. Atleast they worked fine, but they had such terrible low-pitched sound. And some of games are kind of glitchy. but hey, on the bright side i got all of these fun games for a very cheap price

Robot Pit for the Sega Saturn when I was seven years old.

Back