1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Which Character would you say is the best character for starting SSB4?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Bros. Society' started by Stevo2201, Jan 11, 2016.

?

If there was to be one DLC Character you would replace, which would it be?

1. Lucas

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Roy

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Ryu

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Mewtwo

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Cloud

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. Bayonetta

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  7. Corrin

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. Albinoraptor

Albinoraptor 3DS Pedia Member Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    11 coins
    I think a good starting character would be link, he is a really good combination of short range (sword attacks) and long range (bow and boomerang) plus throwing attacks (bomb) as well as his shield which blocks projectiles( though it is small).
  2. Brick1309

Brick1309 The Nintendo Nerd Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    31 coins
    I think either Mario or Kirby. They both have basic and balanced moves that are used similar on other characters. Plus, they are very easy to control.
  3. MysticFantasy

MysticFantasy The Obssesive Fangirl

Play Coins:
    101 coins
    I don't know about u, but I'd just experiment with the characters and use which one works best for you. Not on the opinion of others. It's how I decided I like Corrin he may be challenging to use, but man he's strong. I also like Yoshi just be careful not to roll straight off the edge.
  4. saltypepper

saltypepper The Alpha Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    106 coins
    This is going to definitely be a weird choice, but if you're planning to get into competitive play, you should try Ike.

Ike will teach you the fundamentals of Smash, such as spacing, conditioning, reading and punishing.

but i guess mario is a good choice too, albeit s tier, but he's still my main
  5. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    185 coins
    Mario for sure. He's very good, easy to grasp and not difficult to use at all. Excellent for beginners.
  6. oshul

oshul The main oshawott Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    100 coins
    I think Kirby or villager would be a nice pick! Kirby has got a real easy move set to learn, he can obviously suck people up and absorb there power to get there standing still special move! He can also float when pressing Y multiple times which is the best for recovering he's just so adorable isn't he! a little pink ball of chaos :3 Villager though being cute as well can be VERY deadly, he has an OP side special what can let him fly on a gyroid rocket and it's very useful for recovery's and he has the balloon boy helmet so he can float like Kirby! He can also grab other players projectiles and throw them back at them with his standing still special. But really you should just try out all the characters and get a feel for the game ^.^
    SmashChamp likes this.
  7. Kitsune_Sakura64

Kitsune_Sakura64 New Gal on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    143 coins
    I've been misled....

I thought the poll related to the title of the topic, so I chose Corrin, because she's my favorite fighter and find her easy to use.

To replace?? Definitely not. I'd replace Lucas, because the last thing we need is more "PK" spammers.

Also, have you noticed that any fighter online who plays as Cloud acts like a total coward? They try to stand all alone to charge their thing, visciously attacking only when you try to stop them. Idk, it irks me. There's no real skill in that, imo. Dishonarable gameplay.

And I find Ryu as a very good motivational speaker. If you ever have doubts about whether you can do something, look to him for advice: "SHOR-YU-CAN"

Isn't it a beautiful line~? :cry:
    SmashChamp and Marc like this.
  8. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    185 coins
    I'd get rid of Bayonetta personally, from a competitive standpoint she's not any fun to fight and is considered one of if not the best character in the game. Lucas atleast gets some pretty cool combos and has sick movement when you get to the higher level of play, while PK spam can easily be countered.

But yeah with how clouds play it kinda sucks. I main cloud and basically what we need to do is we play defensively while charging limit (but if you do it wrong you can get punished hard) and then once you get limit you play offensively (but still safely) to pressure your opponent into making the wrong move. One of the most important things when facing cloud is respect his attacks and play safely around them.
  9. manugutir

manugutir Humble Tactician Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    159 coins
    I'd say Mario, I think he's the most easy character to use and has a "basic" moveset, easy to learn (note that I'm not saying that's a bad thing). In the other hand, there's Kirby, which personally, is the character with which I started playing back in Smash Meelee; Kirby is another basic one with the difference that it can fly (thus, recover a bit easier and set different combos due to this), it is really easy to learn how to use in my opinion.