Which Mario game should get an HD remake?

• Thread starter fantanoice
  • Start date
fantanoice

fantanoice

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Is there a Mario game you feel should be released in HD? If so, which one, and why?

For me, I would pick Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, simply because the gameplay and humour of the game was incredible. It also was not a huge seller - and on the GC which didn't have a large userbase - so re-releasing it would make it available to a lot of people who may not have been able to play it previously.

What do you think?

For me, Mario Sunshine, just simply because I've never have played the game, and always have wanted to!
ALSO, the game would look amazing! If it looks great on the Gamecube, a remake "a la" Wind Waker HD would be promising, and would look beautiful!

Reactions: 423
I would like to see Super Mario 64 be remade in HD, sure it was re-released on the ds but something wasn't right about it, I heard that early in development the ds version would let you play with everyone together and everyone could fly and battle bowser! Maybe they could remake it for wii u and add these missing features as well as waluigi since there is so many rumors about him in sm64ds.

Honestly cant remember the last good mario game i played

but i think sunshine would make for a good hd remake since the settings is pretty nice.

Super Mario 64 is deserving of a proper HD remake, since it kind of needs one at this point. Its a good game and playing it as it was of old times is nice and all, but it could only be improved with better graphics, better control, and better programming.

I want a SMG HD remake or a third SMG. SMG = (Super Mario Galaxy)

Super Mario 64 is deserving of a proper HD remake, since it kind of needs one at this point. Its a good game and playing it as it was of old times is nice and all, but it could only be improved with better graphics, better control, and better programming.
SM64 already got a remake on DS so I don't think it really needs one on Wii U at this point.

Remake of Mario and luigi bowsers inside story

Remake of Mario and luigi bowsers inside story

Considering people can still play it on a 3DS I don't think it really needs one.

Personally, I'd opt for a Super Mario Sunshine or Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake.

Super Mario Sunshine for sure. That was a great game, and had a somewhat different concept, making it unique and unlike the usual mario games. It turned out to be very popular and a remake would be wonderful!. In HD goodness, perfect!.

For me, Mario Sunshine, just simply because I've never have played the game, and always have wanted to!
ALSO, the game would look amazing! If it looks great on the Gamecube, a remake "a la" Wind Waker HD would be promising, and would look beautiful!

Super Mario Sunshine for sure. That was a great game, and had a somewhat different concept, making it unique and unlike the usual mario games. It turned out to be very popular and a remake would be wonderful!. In HD goodness, perfect!.

Yes, yes, and yes! The game itself had pretty amazing graphics at it's time. Convert that baby into HD and we have a revamped PERFECTION!!! I would never criticize Nintendo ever again if they did this! :)

Super Smash bros. On the n64. That one's my favorite, I didn't really like melee.

They should give Mario Galaxy (1) a HD remake. I know not many other people are going to agree with me, but I think it would look glorious to see those twinkling stars in HD while flying out of an exploding planet on Yoshiback :D

I think sun shine should get a remake I love the bosses and levels of this game! And I loved those hidden levels

I would love to see SM64 in HD, or at least something like it. One thing I really wish for is a Super Mario 64 sequel on the Wii U. Not only would that be the best game ever, it would really boost Wii U sales.

Considering people can still play it on a 3DS I don't think it really needs one.

I wouldn't really count that as a valid reason, mainly because Ocarina of Time got a remake when people could still play it on Wii. Actually, people could play Super Mario 64 on Wii too, so...

Would have to go with Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario RPG.

I wouldn't really count that as a valid reason, mainly because Ocarina of Time got a remake when people could still play it on Wii. Actually, people could play Super Mario 64 on Wii too, so...

Super Mario 64 DS came before the Wii and Ocarina of Time didn't come out on the Wii; it was just added to the Virtual Console. This isn't the same as playing it on the system after the original platform like you could with Bowser's Inside Story on the 3DS, so those examples don't really work.

Super Mario 64 DS came before the Wii and Ocarina of Time didn't come out on the Wii; it was just added to the Virtual Console. This isn't the same as playing it on the system after the original platform like you could with Bowser's Inside Story on the 3DS, so those examples don't really work.

Considering the 3DS doesn't support HD, I thought it was implied that this was talking about Wii U/any future device that isn't going to have DS backwards compatibility.

HD = Not on 3DS.

I actually am talking about a Wii U remake's possibility, it's just that the game in question originated on a handheld and can still be played on the next one.

Super Mario Land of course! It played entirely different from the other Mario games and I'd love to see them make the game again with more levels and the same play style as the original. Then maybe Sunshine because there's no remake for it and there's a lot of different details and sounds that could be upgraded a little bit. SSB for the 64 is a waste because of the game already coming out with better quality called SSB4 Wii U.

Back