SwSh Which starter will you choose in Pokemon Sword/Shield?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
eDviw0s.png
  • Sobble: A water-type (left in the pic).
  • Scorbunny: A fire-type (middle in the pic).
  • Grookey: A grass-type (right in the pic).
Which starter will you choose in Pokemon Sword/Sheild? :eyes:

If I even get the game I'd pick Grookey. I've picked plenty of water type starters and they never worked well. I also never use fire starters because then the game is too easy. But odds are I'll just have to resort to an OP bug type in the beginning and wreck everyone because picking Pokémon early on just means they have more EVs than the ones you pick later and unless your breeding the IVs won't be good either. Also, this guy looks like a fighting type in the future and that means it'll be weak to psychic so I'll need a bug type.

I'm going with Scorbunny :)

At first I wasn't particularly fond of any of them, I thought Scorbunny was decent but not great and didn't like the other two. But they've grown on me, especially Sobble, that water lizard is too cute, although I still like Scorbunny's design the most. This generation's starters are all really cute, I like them a whole lot more than when I first saw them. Still going with Scorbunny though.

Unless they don't screw up the final evolution's design like they did with Incineroar, I'll go with Sobble, it's so cute!

grookey he is cute, scorbunny looks weird , and i dont really care about sobble

buy maybe the evolutions will change my opinion

Fire types have always been the starter for me so scorbunny ia my choice. If any of them become broken i might pick another one. Asides from that i think scorbunny might be fire/fighthing which will make me wanna change my mind '-'.

I usually bounce around the type starters but lately I have been choosing straight grass-types and I will most definitely be continuing that trend and choosing Grookey as he is absolutely adorable. But I think after the initial play through, I will roll with Sobble as water starters have a special place in my heart being that my first starter was Squirtle.

If I even get the game myself, I'll pick a random one and release it because they all look like trash. I'd rather have a Rattata.

Scorbunny! <3

*ahem* What I meant to say was: Scorbunny, obviously! :D He’s just too cute to ignore, and pulls at the heart strings. ;-; And that bandage on his nose just adds to it! I can’t take it! D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely Scorbunny if you know me. But I would like to wait to see how and what the evolve into. Sobble seems like a cool choice too.
Not a huge fan of Grookey, I hate monkeys. e.e

SCORBUNNY! I love it. It very well may replace Buneary as my favorite pokemon. Maybe. I don't know, I love Buneary, but Scorbunny with that cute bunny look tho!

I'm leaning towards Grookey but Sobble might steal me before release, especially because I have picked grass types the last 3 games...it literally just dawned on me as I type this...

Scorbunny! I always pick fire-type starters in every game in the series. They tend to have higher attack (In my experience) which suits my playstyle. It’s so adorable, I imagine the final evolution will be really strong with a neat design.

The plaster above it’s nose is sooo cute! >w<

Between Scorbunny and Sobble.

Scorbunny - Cute design. Looking like a Fire-Fairy in its final evo imo

Sobble - Water types have always been my favorite type. They're usage is so versatile in-game as well as earning spots in some competitive usage. Also, look at that face! ;w; I just wanna scoop it up and give it a big hug coz its just so sad and timid... If this man gets a Water/Dragon evo, I'd be soooooo happy.

Okay, looking back now, Sobble might be my go to choice. I mean, who doesn't want to give this little guy some love? ;w;

TEAM SOBBLE BABY!
The only way I'm gonnna change is if the one of the other final evolutions is loads better than sobbles.

Sobble all the way.

None, because you know that I am NOT getting a Nintendo Switch, and NOT getting Pokemon Sword & Shield, and NOT going to play that sort of game because I need to complete Sun & Moon (Because my mom decides to go double <3)

None, because you know that I am NOT getting a Nintendo Switch, and NOT getting Pokemon Sword & Shield, and NOT going to play that sort of game because I need to complete Sun & Moon (Because my mom decides to go double <3)
Double u say? In what way? :0

My mom bought both Sun & Moon, and I am very happy that she did

My mom bought both Sun & Moon, and I am very happy that she did
Noice :3

Reactions: Jisenku
Back