Which stats did you increase/decrease on your main character?

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I would like to know which stats did you increase/decrease on your character. I increased luck and decreased HP. That is because a lot of elements in this game are luck-based, and having high HP is mitigated by evasion/armor you gain throughout the game.
What stats did you increase/decrease? Let me know in the replies below.

1st playthrough normal/classic: +Magic -Luck
2nd playthrough hard/classic: +Magic -Luck
3rd playthrough lunatic/classic (dunno if I'll manage to survive this, might as well die out of frustration :dead:): +Magic -Strength (since I let MU only use Magic :p)

1st playthrough normal/classic: +Magic -Luck
2nd playthrough hard/classic: +Magic -Luck
3rd playthrough lunatic/classic (dunno if I'll manage to survive this, might as well die out of frustration :dead:): +Magic -Strength (since I let MU only use Magic :p)
Ahaha. Lunatic + with Perma death might as well kill you :p
Magic is useful, but I ended up using Physical attacks more offer than magic. Also, having low luck can screw you over some times, but that again is a matter of luck.

I increased magic and decreased luck for both my first and second playthroughs.. I never really used physical attacks with MU. That's what I have Chrom for, after all, :headphone: (and I don't think you can change him from a Great Lord).

Reactions: Moon Rain and 532
You can reclass Chrom into other units, but he will never be able to use Magic, or Bows.

Reactions: 532
+Speed, -Luck. If you can always double enemies, you do more damage either way, and you get plenty of Luck anyway in basically any class, so losing a little couldn't hurt much. That's my logic, it got enemy criticals on MU a bunch of times in I think the Prologue, but that was it.

You can reclass Chrom into other units, but he will never be able to use Magic, or Bows.
Actually, no. He can become an Archer and later on a Sniper or Bow Knight.

The only other class set he can change into is the Cavalier one (that has Great Knight and Paladin as promotions). Besides those, there's just the DLC Dread Fighter and that's it for him.

Oh. Whoopsies :bag:

I increased magic and decreased luck for both my first and second playthroughs.. I never really used physical attacks with MU. That's what I have Chrom for, after all, :headphone: (and I don't think you can change him from a Great Lord).
That's exactly what I always do too. I always prefer people who use magic over people who use swords and stuff. In my second playthrough I married MU to Chrom, and Morgan became one of my most powerful units, since he had Chrom as father and MU as mother :D Also, when I paired Chrom and MU up, they protected each other half of the time, so they kinda became invincible, but I don't think that it'll go that easy in lunatic though :eek:

Reactions: Marc
As I know, you will need to boost Luck in Lunatic mode to avoid critical hits. Definitely, because first, they will never miss. In normal mode, I usually boost Speed/Magic.

Normal: +Magic/-Luck
Hard: +Magic/-Luck
Lunatic: +Defense/-Speed
Maybe subtracting speed on lunatic wasn't a good idea, but so far I am surviving. Though normally I would increase Magic, but I need that extra defense to take hits so my weaker units can level up. I am the meat shield.

Normal: +strength/ -hp
Hard: +magic/ -hp
I always paired myself with the strong physical characters like sully and chrom, so I figured hp was less important than pure power. Magic ended up working well when I paired with chrom

It really depends on what I want to focus on but I typically decrease luck because I don't care about it. Right now, though:

Hard: +magic/-luck (FeMU)
Lunatic: +defense/-resistance (MU)

I hope that resistance doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.

Reactions: Marc
Mine is HP as my asset and Strength as my flaw because I like to to have my avatar use tome mostly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went +Magic/ -Luck, but I'm sort of regretting that now. I want to get Armsthrift on my unit, but to make the most of that ability, you really need a very high luck stat. I think that my unit is capable of getting 50 luck, meaning that you would be able to use weapons for an infinite amount of time, but since I went -Luck, I probably can't do that now.

I went +Magic/ -Luck, but I'm sort of regretting that now. I want to get Armsthrift on my unit, but to make the most of that ability, you really need a very high luck stat. I think that my unit is capable of getting 50 luck, meaning that you would be able to use weapons for an infinite amount of time, but since I went -Luck, I probably can't do that now.
I see, well are you still playing on that file? If so you can finish it and make a new file with different asset and flaws for your avatar, you don't have to do it. Just a suggestion :)

I see, well are you still playing on that file? If so you can finish it and make a new file with different asset and flaws for your avatar, you don't have to do it. Just a suggestion :)

I've already spent over 30 hours on the file, so I probably won't start a new one right now. I'll make sure I carefully choose my assets/flaws for the next playthrough I plan on doing (Lunatic + Classic).

I choose either (+HP, -Luck) Or (+Mag./Str., -Luck). I rely on other characters with already high Luck stat's should use all the luck-based weapons, which is the only reason I would personally have luck. :cat:

Since I knew I was going to make my avatar a Sorcerer only, I increased Magic, and decreased Strenght.
Don't remember what I did in my Hard play through though, and I'm kinda stuck on Hard because I don't want No units to die :/

I've beaten Lunatic+ and the way how I satrted out was +speed -luck
FYI: I had like 7 characters with Limit break with stats caps as high of 57-62 to beat the final boss

Oh BTW with Lunatic and Lunatic+ YOU HAVE TO SET YOUR CHARCTERS A SPECIFIC WAY! where u set your characters will determine wether or not you will kill a unit, geta ggroed, land a most needed crit and so on

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me think...my first play through I did +Magic -Strength and changed my MU to a Sorcerer, and my second play through I did the exact opposite with a +Strength -Magic Assassin.

Back