Which video game soundtrack is the most memorable to you?

• Thread starter THEROYALRABITE
  • Start date
THEROYALRABITE

THEROYALRABITE

KaaaaaameeeeehaaaaameeeeeeHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Towns Folk
Video game soundtracks/music are pretty important for a game. What would you consider the most memorable soundtrack or song and why? Btw, if you were to ask me, I would say The Hymn of the Fayth. If I hear it even once I'll hum it for the rest of the week.

As a video game music enthusiast, I have a couple of memorable soundtracks... maybe too many to mention one by one.

But two strongest candidates would be Chrono Cross (Yasunori Mitsuda) and Legend of Mana (Yoko Shimomura). Those two RPGs made my life meaningful.

I am also fond of Megaman franchise OST, and Shin Megami Tensei/Persona OST.

There are lots, but the most memorable soundtrack comes from my favourite game of all time: Valkyria Chronicles 2.

The music matches the locations (desert, forest, etc. but doesn't go out of its way to sound desert-y or forest-y, which is why I find it amazing) but even more so the situation, right down to letting you feel how the characters feel. The Leanbluff Forest music is rather calming but never makes the battles feel un-intense, and 'Ship Battle' the greatest song on the soundtrack, makes my brain seize up whenever I hear it and brings out the Gallian in me :D

Definitely Pokemon song during the battle! Very memorable as it is the same in every old pokemon game (not sure about the newer ones).
Not sure if MMORPG count, but Maple Story songs are very memorable. It changes every area and you will know only by listening to the song which area you are in!

Some of my favorite soundtracks? I have a few that come to mind.

Chrono Trigger
Bioshock
Grandia
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Dragon Quest VIII
Shadow of the Colossus

I would say Ocarina Of time. Even though it's not the first video game I played, it's the first one that when I hear its music, I know it is OoT.

Ultima Online had that effect on me too.

Probably every Zelda game and Portal 2

Hmm probably something like:
Bastion
Transistor
The World Ends With You
Any Devil May Cry game
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Kid Icarus Uprising
To the Moon
Hotline Miami (and hopefully 2)
Jet Set Radio

Well, Xenoblade Chronicles's OST is just amazing. It is awesome and is in my personal Top 10 video game OSTs, and it does fit the game really well.
(@Spinnerweb: Don't worry, it also included Valkyria Chronicles 2 ;))
If you want to have a quick look at it, Youtube is your friend. By the way, it was composed by the same guy that made the music from Legend of Mana !

Reactions: 18
Rune Factory 4

Scott pilgrim vs. the world, ocarina of time, kid icarus uprising and assasins creed brotherhood, I could just listen to them forever

The first gen Pokemon games, Ocarina of time/Majora's mask, Mischief makers and shenmue all have really memorable soundtracks. They're effectively the anthems of my childhood.

The Sonic games have some fantastic soundtracks too. I loved the theme that plays when Sonic fights perfect Chaos and live and learn from Sonic adventure 2. Not to mention Eggman's themes which were great.

Oh boy.There are a huge number of gaming soundtracks that just can't get out of my head! :rotfl:
Anyways,here are some of games I've played so far that I personally prefer the most:

Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
Pokemon Black/White 1/2
Professor Layton games
Punch-Out!!
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Sonic Unleashed

I've heard many other great soundtracks from games I never played,but I would go forever if I talked about all of those wonderful pieces of musical composements. :D

Portal - Still Alive
Gunpoint - Main Theme (M
elancholia)
Skyrim - Dragonborn

Anything from the Spyro the Dragon trilogy. Their music is one of my favorites. Also (a little off topic) I like to use Lemmy in Smash because he sounds exactly like an enemy in the first Spyro the Dragon. Some voices in the game (Ripto's Rage) are a in Spongebob too btw.

Definitely Ys IV: Dawn of Ys on the Turbografx 16. So many good songs in that game! The ending theme (Fantasy Horizon) is my personal favorite song from the game. So peaceful

A few OSTs that are memorable to me
Megaman X5 and X6
Dark Souls (Especially Ornstein and Smough's theme because screw those guys xD)
Binding of Isaac (the original Flash game)
Pokemon R/S/E
Crash Bandicoot 3
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
MH3U (Specifically the Jinouga/Zinogre's theme <3)

These are the only ones I can think of right now. But yeah, memorable as heck :D

BruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutalDooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The music is just awesome.
Other games I would list:
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime 3
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow
Dawn of Sorrow
Symphony of the Night
Parasite Eve
Super Mario 64
Pokemon G/S/C
Ocarina of Time
Animal Crossing
Castlevania:Rondo of Blood (Especially the final bosses theme)
Castlevania (NES)
Super Castlevania 4 (SNES)

Rondo of Blood Final Boss Theme

Sign of Evil (Brutal Doom Version):

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, everytime I hear it it makes me cry, I wish I had the Wii system and the game again I would pay like 500$ at most to have it again.

Silent Hill 1/2/3/4

Just perfect as it unsettling but it keeps you listening...

Back