• I'm glad they don't have it.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Killer B

Killer B

Killer B, yo
Towns Folk
We all know MH3U had water swimming, yeah, that annoying thing where you go the speed of crap and then a quick devil chases you. Yeah, that. Though it was fun, it was annoying, and there wasn't many monsters to fight in water. I enjoyed it, and I didn't. Aye, I'm glad they had it, but I miss it. Your guys opinion?

i wish it had come back for MH4U, but that it would've played a smaller role where you don't have plesioths, gobuls, and royal ludroths around every corner :bag:

I miss it. The controls kinda sucked, but the monsters were cool and it added a new element to the game.

Yeah, I sort of miss it in a way, especially since without underwater that means no Lagiacrus fights. I liked Lagiacrus...

Yeah, I sort of miss it in a way, especially since without underwater that means no Lagiacrus fights. I liked Lagiacrus...

Yeah, that water-demon was a fun fight :3 I miss that original map in mh3u, they should of kept it... The new one isn't as good :( (The game is better, not the map, lol). But, aye, no swimming and no Island map for tons of new monsters? Good deal :3

Reactions: Neofang64
I think that they should have kept the water concept and monsters because though it was something to be quite annoyed , it was something unique to have . I personally never really liked it but I guess that since it didn't come back , I also kind of miss it ....

I think that they should have kept the water concept and monsters because though it was something to be quite annoyed , it was something unique to have . I personally never really liked it but I guess that since it didn't come back , I also kind of miss it ....

Always want what we can't have. Remember Winder Waker? Everyone was like, "SAILINGS TAKES SOOO LONG! AHH!", then HD was released and everyone was like, "I never cared about long sailing! This is a cheat!".

But, I agree, even though I didn't love it, it was a unique element. But, I think it's best they didn't.

I for one really liked the freedom of swimming underwater, the feeling of how expansive it is beneath the waves is really good, especially with the 3D on and the HUD off. I'll probably still play MH3U for those levels, even after I get MH4U.

Plus I still have to complete all medals, so... yeah.

Just as you said, it was something annoying. Honestly I don't miss it even a little. I am currently playing monster hunter 4 ultimate and guess what??? No need of underwater environment at all!!! Instead of that they added mountain climbing and mounting the monster which i think it is amazing. Besides the new hunting zones are terrific! much better than any underwater environment present in mh3u

I hated water fights. I much prefer mh4u's focus on lateral fights then swimming. Maybe if they had tweaked it in some way to make it less annoying, I wouldn't mind, but as it is, I found myself actively groaning every time I had one in monster hunter 3 ultimate.

As much as I liked the Lagiacrus, I'm glad they got rid of the swimming in 4U. I absolutely hated it.
Mostly because I main the Greatsword and I just end up having a really bad time trying to fight with when underwater.

I think it would be cool to have underwater mounting. In other words I think both water and parkour can coexist in the games.

Well i dont really play much monster hunter but i have to say swimming in water especially when your using a heavy bow gun is pretty annoying although it was pretty cool like shooting in the water and stuff i would say they should have the water to make the game more realistic

I miss the underwater fights because, for me, it goes far beyond any in-game preference. I've been swimming irl since I was a little kid & eventually, due to my love of water, joined the middle & high school swim teams. Sorry if it seems like I'm going off topic, but- *assures you*- it IS relevant! I was a dual expert in MH3U so underwater fights, along with that awesome 3D, made hunting a brand new (& Amazing) experience! XD

Swimming had the clunkiest controls. I hated trying to fight Lagi while under water.

I miss it a lot :(

Anyways, along with Mello2002, I started the series in Mh4u. I am really good at it, and almost hr 250 and i only bought the game late october of 2015. Anyways, at one point I almost gave up on the game when i couldn't beat a rajang. I needed some inspiration, so i went online, saw this awesome DB heroics run( here's the link, this girl playing is REALLY good!)
. Anyways, i got about halfway inspired from this video, but I was still missing something. Epic fails. Yes, my inspiration was in need of watching epic fails. Anyways, I came across epic MH3U underwater lagiacrus fails and my inspiration was fueled to 100%. It looked so awesome, and my only hope is that it will be re-introduced in monster hunters cross. I went ahead and voted I miss it cause even though i never tried it, I hope to one day. That's my opinion, Thanks!

Anyways, along with Mello2002, I started the series in Mh4u. I am really good at it, and almost hr 250 and i only bought the game late october of 2015. Anyways, at one point I almost gave up on the game when i couldn't beat a rajang. I needed some inspiration, so i went online, saw this awesome DB heroics run( here's the link, this girl playing is REALLY good!)
. Anyways, i got about halfway inspired from this video, but I was still missing something. Epic fails. Yes, my inspiration was in need of watching epic fails. Anyways, I came across epic MH3U underwater lagiacrus fails and my inspiration was fueled to 100%. It looked so awesome, and my only hope is that it will be re-introduced in monster hunters cross. I went ahead and voted I miss it cause even though i never tried it, I hope to one day. That's my opinion, Thanks!
Lagiacrus is back in MHX, but underwater is not and probably will not be coming back for a while, if at all.

LOL i read this and i was like "what, this guy misses water"?

Back