Why doesn't Nintendo give out free full games?

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
it's because they want to make a profit, they could lose money by giving out free games (ha...false! They make bucket-loads of cash on games/consoles). Nintendo just aren't generous enough as Sony/Microsoft, what a shame. Show the fans some love, will ya? :p

As stated, why doesn't the Big N give out full games? I mean Origin and steam does it, as well as Sony and I bet Microsoft does it too(not really an XBox fan lol). Nintendo should at least be charitable for at least 1 game per 2 months instead of a year lol I mean the free LoZ they gave out early spring was awesome and all but does anybody play it anymore? I don't want to sound like a cheapskate or anything but I think Nintendo should dish out at least 6 free games a year lol 6 games is already asking them too much but if you compare the prices from other competitions, Nintendo games are really overpriced >.> lol In my place, PS3 games are way cheaper than DS and 3DS games and Wii/U games have skyrocket prices.

Old PS3/Xbox games = more or less $15-$25
New PS3/Xbox games= more or less @20-$50
old Nintendo(Wii/U,3/DS) games= $15-$25
new Nintendo(Wii/U,3/DS) games- $20-$40

Its more or less the same price as its competition and yet their competition gives out free games lol
Just heard that Ace Attorney Dual Destinies is out for IOS and it costs 5 bucks per episode and Ep1 is free lol

IOS AADD=$20 all 5 eps
3DS AADD=$29 all 5 eps >.>

Ok I'm done ranting lol >.>

thay don't give free games out cus thay wunt to get more muney so thay can make more games that makes them more money plus thay dont wunt there muney to go down cus if there muney gos down thay will rase ther game prises by alot

i meen the big ,N, love mouny they love it they do not went to lose eney of there Preshus money so thay sale high high prist games dan don't like peaple trying to get free games cus thay lose Preshus muney

(From @D4rkDragon: Instead of posting multiple times in a row, remember to click that "Edit" Button. Thanks !)

thay will never give free games out to the publik ever thay are a muney horeding coparashon that will growe and growe with more and more muney they will ceep all there money to them selvs and will never give free games out EVER!!!!

i now that do give out free games but they refuse to sale free full games

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry @pokeman113 but they have already given out some free games, and they're almost always in danger of becoming a money losing corporation! I think that's part of the reason behind some of their more bizarre decisions.

i now that do give out free games but they refuse to sale free full game

I think that you are right... and also want to add that even though the demo versions are free, you still only get a maximum of 30 tries... that sucks. But I do appreciate that the theme shop gave out sonic boom theme for free.

The list of things Nintendo doesn't do is quite staggering. Sony refused to add achievements as so many people claimed they were "killing gaming", but then they noticed the hardcore "badge of honour" achievement hunters and added trophies. Look at the PS Trophy community now! There are people who will buy a Hannah Montana game just to get an easy Platinum trophy and the rest of us can still play the games as we aren't embedded in that community (I do like trophy support though, as sometimes I will be unsure if I have tried a game that looks great and I can scroll through my trophies and see that 3 years ago I completed the tutorial then gave up). Though it would upset the hardcore Nintendo fanpersons some sort of achievement support would encourage a lot more people to pick up a Wii U or 3DS... as dumb as that seems!

Of the 3 big console makers Nintendo have by far the poorest online experience. They are just getting there and some games work flawlessly but until this year online seems to have mainly been an afterthought. It's free, but on PSPlus you get more than your money back in games, and XBox live is a sickeningly slick operation.

Nintendo doesn't give out free games because it would be a loss for them. There's no easier way to put it really..

It's probably because Nintendo wouldn't make much of a profit when giving out free full games. They could actually go bankrupt if they do it. It's a nice idea, but I doubt that Nintendo will ever do it. They could lose their money, and they aren't that 'generous' enough IMO.

I think that they should have a day where some new/indie games are free. Because, what if people can't get any eShop credit for one reason or another, and they see a game they want, like, for example, I want the game Azure Striker GUNVOLT. I can't get any eShop credit for... ...several reasons... So, I would wait for it to be a free indie game day. It would be a good idea. Just sayin'

I remember that during the first year or two that the 3DS was out, Nintendo would have a lot of stuff for free on the eShop. Not actual full games, but some quality titles (Pokedex 3D, 3D Classics: Excitebike, Ambassador games if you were one, Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition, etc). Now, the only free titles are Nintendo's "free-to-play" ones (Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Steel Diver: Sub Wars) which are nice but not that great. Then again, they never gave out free full games. That would be spectacular if they did that though. Even if it we were given the choice of downloading one of a few not-too-well-selling games, I would be satisfied. Or perhaps they could have different statuses of games, like Club Nintendo statuses, where you could download one free full game from the higher statuses if you spent a certain amount of money in the eShop that year.

Eh, if you wanted free games with nintendo you'd need like a 60 dollar a month subscription service for it. The main reason is because the best games for 3ds are usually first party nintendo 3ds titles. The console is also pretty cheap compared to the 400$ the ps4 is spelling for so game bundles are also pretty expensive on non sale days. But nintendo should think about lowering their prices a bit. I mean fire emblem awekening is still 40$ after a year, and the original new super Mario bros for DS is still 30$ after like 6 years. A premium service would not fit that we'll with nintendo in my opinion because they would lose some money with the console price of the 3ds being so low compared to other consoles. If anything, I would want nintendo to make some bundled games like the 3 in 1 ace attorney triology. They could make a zelda pack or something

Back