why was magikarp made ?

• Thread starter beerus god of destruction
  • Start date
beerus god of destruction

beerus god of destruction

pokemon master
Towns Folk
magikarp was probably made because of all the awesome pokemon the pokemon company were coming out with at the time they probably thought something like this.'' ya know we have been making so many awesome pokemon that are very time consuming to draw, we should make a derp pokemon, like a fish that evolves into a dragon beas!''

Reactions: PersonSP
Somewhat. The idea behind Magikarp is actually a very deep one. It revolves around a Chinese legend involving karps making their way to a waterfall, called Dragon's Gate, and if they were able to jump over it they would become a dragon. It is a legend that is used as an analogy for the problems people in every day life. It is used to represent the climb into higher social status, and what else represents that then a lowly karp to become a mighty dragon? It is very inspiring, that with enough effort something as common and usually seen as useless like Magikarp can become something great like Gyarados.

Reactions: XxBlooDy_TigerxX, SaiSymbolic, Artisan and 3 others
WSnADbm.jpg

Reactions: Magik, Artisan, AceChadi and 2 others
Short History:
Nintendo wanted to troll everyone via programing Magikarp.
Nintendo´s thoughts:
Let´s make a Pokemon that can only learn Tackle on Lv.15,that evolves into a cool looking serpent.
Number one Playground Conversation in ´96:Is Magikarp cool?
h5BA91C4F

Last edited:
Magikarps are sometimes annoying as they are just everywhere!

3300d4bc6616801e933c29be9df284e1.jpg

magikarp was probably made because of all the awesome pokemon the pokemon company were coming out with at the time they probably thought something like this.'' ya know we have been making so many awesome pokemon that are very time consuming to draw, we should make a derp pokemon, like a fish that evolves into a dragon beas!''
It was made because they wanted everyone to overlook this stupid Pokemon and then one day it'd evolve into the mighty Gyarados to wreak havoc upon those who dared to ignore this beast. Also, you're not supposed to question the existence of Magikarp, it's just a shell for the Mighty one itself.

Reactions: SaiSymbolic, numage and PersonSP
Magikarp was created to teach everyone that with enough work, anyone can evolve into something great. Kinda like the ugly Pokémon Feebas evolving into a beautiful Pokémon.(I can't remember its name.)

Magikarp was created to teach everyone that with enough work, anyone can evolve into something great. Kinda like the ugly Pokémon Feebas evolving into a beautiful Pokémon.(I can't remember its name.)
You mean Milotic:D

Yep, thats the one.

Magikarp is better than Gyarados. PRESS B! DONT LET IT EVOLVE!

Magikarp can Splash, do you have any idea how good splash is? It's the one move that can end it all. Never evolve Magikarp.

Magikarp is better than Gyarados. PRESS B! DONT LET IT EVOLVE!

Magikarp can Splash, do you have any idea how good splash is? It's the one move that can end it all. Never evolve Magikarp.
Teach your Magicarp some moves raise it to lvl 100 and wreck some opponents. They have double sjame because they were defeated by Magicarp :p

Reactions: Tri-force64
Magikarp exists for heck of personality as well as deep RPG meaning. I mean they can be found anywhere but you don't know that before getting ripped off by the person that sells Magikarp. Sure it doesn't do much but the simplicity of the fight with maybe two moves and knowing a certain move does nothing trying to expect something out of it but there isn't. Like if LC had a 2 move limit with one being a status move and one being an attack move it would be way more interesting (especially in Gen 1). Magikarp is also based of Japanese fish of some sort that are abundant in number but not in power, so there could be some element to fighting 6 Magikarps vs. one strong Pokemon. And Japanese myth just so happens to give explanation to why Magikarp evolves into Gyarados.
Somewhat. The idea behind Magikarp is actually a very deep one. It revolves around a Chinese legend involving karps making their way to a waterfall, called Dragon's Gate, and if they were able to jump over it they would become a dragon. It is a legend that is used as an analogy for the problems people in every day life. It is used to represent the climb into higher social status, and what else represents that then a lowly karp to become a mighty dragon? It is very inspiring, that with enough effort something as common and usually seen as useless like Magikarp can become something great like Gyarados.
Basically what this guy said.^^^

And just imagine life without Magikarp. ;-; <- me imagining

There's a certain thing I would like to post but I can not because of the explicities used to praise the greatness of magikarp. For those of maturity, I would recommend googling 'Magikarp Greatest Pokémon Ever' for images. It's normally the first image and it's pretty... amusing.

I would also like to say I'm disappointed that Shiny Gyarados isn't gold plated.

There's a certain thing I would like to post but I can not because of the explicities used to praise the greatness of magikarp. For those of maturity, I would recommend googling 'Magikarp Greatest Pokémon Ever' for images. It's normally the first image and it's pretty... amusing.

I would also like to say I'm disappointed that Shiny Gyarados isn't gold plated.
Found it and it is hilarious, also this:
Hall-of-Fame-pokemon-30772144-478-319.jpg

whoever did that is one hardcore player and this;
pokemon-funny_-_Copy.jpg

Um... actually that is from a webcomic series called 'Manly Guys Doing Manly Things' by ColeaSquid. It's actually quite an awesome series.

Oh cool, I did not know that; I just found it on the web and thought it was funny :3

It is. x3 A lot of stuff involving Jared and Mister Fish is hilarious

Magikarp are ancient brings from a different planet who fell upon the Pokemon universe. They seem useless but they hold a dark secret. All magikarp are geniuses. Their goal is to slowly spread an unknown disease and become the ultimate Pokemon. The only Pokemon who know of their exploits are the legends. The reason why legends are hard to find is because they hide from the evils of Magikarp.

All hail Magikarp for they are the superior beings.

(I saw all the actual answers and couldn't help writing this, sorry.)

Reactions: SaiSymbolic, PersonSP, Tri-force64 and 1 other person
Exactly the same thing I was thinking but it was kinda amazing to see something soo weak evolve into something destructive,just like the saying goes don't judge a book by its cover.

Magickarp isn't a troll. It's a beast.
Jokes aside, Magickarp was obviously made to be the pre-evo of Gyrados. The inspiration of the Pokemon also revolved around a legend about how a carp would become a powerful dragon when it leaps over the Dragon Gate (basically a waterfall).

Back