Why?

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
Maddie

Maddie

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
What made you get your 3DS/3DS XL?

I enjoy playing games on the Wii and Wii U but I can't take them with me when I leave the house. I can take Mario with me on the go with the 3DS, plus, I think it's really cool that the games are in 3D and you don't have to wear any 3D glasses. Anyway, anytime I go somewhere and I know that I'm going to have to wait in line....I'll take the 3DS with me and I have something to entertain my brain.

I loved my DS and I'm a big Nintendo fan so it was a no brainer. The chance to experience a new handheld with the Nintendo IPs that I love, along with the 3D gimmick sounded really cool. I just wish I had a white one, the black is too glossy and fingerprints show up way too easily! :p

Because I prefer handheld games. Also the 3DS has, in my opinion, one of the best game libraries to date.

Reactions: Mikaya and 18
I like handhelds, and it sounded promising. The announced games were cool. I don't think there's ever been a moment I've seriously regretted buying a 3DS.

Reactions: Mikaya
One of my reasons was because I heard about Flipnote but I probably wouldn't want a DSi over a 3DS (but not a big deal. I'm not a decent artist/animator). Another reason is because it's the new hip thing, and I really like the fact that I can use almost any internet connection with a password or by opening the browser. The DS never had compatibility with all types of WiFi security.

I got my 3DS XL because... I liked the design of the one I wanted :)
Also, same here, the library of the console had many games I wanted, plus the fact that the system is compatible with WPA/WPA2 Internet connections.

So, I will never regret having bought my 3DS me too. It is too awesome to regret having bought it.

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
I owned most of the Nintendo portable systems, and I just prefer portable gaming over home-console. The 3DS seemed to have an amazing gaming library, with games I'd prefer, and at that time, the 3D-effect sounded pretty cool, so I wanted to try that out as well :oops:

I don't regret purchasing my XL, I always disliked the 3DS because of it's small screens, but the XL is amazing, I feel so immersed while gaming, kinda hard to believe I've been playing on a handheld. :)

I purchased my 3DS so that I could finish playing the Professor Layton series. About 3 months after purchasing it, and I still haven't completed my goal. There were just too many other better games to play. xD

I bought it because everyone else seemed to have one :p

nah, but there were some 3DS games I wanted to play, so that's why I got it. I also didn't have a normal DS.

I received mine as a gift :p so no pay for me lol, but I got mine because Pokémon X grabbed my attention a whole bunch. Even if I am a bit to old for it, most of my friends play it :p. My friend gave me a 3DS for Christmas, since he knew I wanted X, so after I got the 3DS I went straight to the store to pick up Pokemon X (well, AFTER Christmas...loll).

Our TV is too old for a Wii U, and I just had to play the new games for 3DS only. I like the 3D, but I'd still buy it if it was just in 'plain old' 2D :p

The reason I got my 3DS is because I saw the wide array of amazing games it had. There are so many amazing games to choose from, I also always loved the Clamshell design of the DS/3DS family, and the 3D without glasses is also a plus.
I'm a big fan of Pokemon, Zelda, DQ and Mario, SSB and RPG games that are alike and the 3DS has them all.

So that I could get new games.

This may be lame but I got my 3DS XL just for Pokemon Y (and hopefully, a Hoenn remake lol). Besides, I wanted to upgrade from my old Game Boy Advance SP too :)

I originally purchased my 3DS so that I could play Fire Emblem: Awakening. If I hadn't bought one then, I definitely would have when Bravely Default released.

I figured there'd be plenty of games I'd want for the 3DS, aside from just Fire Emblem.

I specially buy my 3ds for the chance to play 3d games in 2 screen at the same time, i was gonna buy a dsi xl but when i saw the game i picked the 3ds

Cause I knew there would be great games on it that I would want, lmao I was right.

2DS because it's... uh, cheap, easy way to play games and dosen't break that easily (I needed that)

I had the DS Lite for a couple of years and I knew it was getting outdated. I really wanted something new and that's when I saw the 3DS. I never really wanted one though until they slashed the price by $70. Even then, I was one the fence about whether or not the purchase would be worth it. However, once I saw the 25th anniversary Zelda bundle, I was completely removed from any doubt. I've never regretted the purchase since.

Back