Virtual Console Wii Games Coming To Wii U Eshop!!

• Thread starter RichGamerton
  • Start date
As far as I know, they are just the same, no improvement in resolution

That's a shame... =( But it's way better than nothing!

I'm really happy about it.

I picked up Super Mario Galaxy 2 and beat it in a few days, looking to do the same with Metroid Prime Trilogy.

I need to see Donkey Kong Country Returns! xD

smash is is a fun to kill people

Yes, I was very excited to hear the announcement. I grabbed Super Mario Galaxy 2 upon release, though very disappointed with it. But I still got a great deal! A couple of Wii games I don't think will ever make it to the eShop are Brawl and Xenoblade. Reasons being:

Both are getting Wii U sequels. While this doesn't mean anything, all 3 of the games that came don't have room for any sequels, and none of have been announced at the moment. There is an already existing sequel to Smash Brothers (obviously), and Xenoblades is getting a sequel AND a remake for the N3DS.

It's a good move by nintendo. Many games fro the wii are wayy overpriced if you try to buy them in some places because they are apparently so "rare". This will let people buy games for the wii From time to time without having to worry about their wallet :). Now if only they could do the same with the ds and 3ds..

I feel good about the new games coming to the Wii U because personally I think that the Wii U needs more love and I feel good that Nintendo didn't forget about it and I hope they continue to make more games for the Wii U because it does need some improvements in its console so yeah its cool

I want to see N64 and GameCube games on Eshop too!

i had a wii befor

Thanks to a new Nintendo Direct, we now know that Wii games will be on the Wii U soon. How do you feel about this? Are you happy or sad about this feature? While you think about that, I will be munching on a Steak Bagel :)
I'm sad about this future. It's a waste of coding and time to put Wii games on the Wii U. It has backwards compatibility, so if you have any Wii controller, you can just play Wii games from the disk when you buy them from GameStop or whatever store you go to to buy games.

I'm sad about this future. It's a waste of coding and time to put Wii games on the Wii U. It has backwards compatibility, so if you have any Wii controller, you can just play Wii games from the disk when you buy them from GameStop or whatever store you go to to buy games.
>.> or you can buy them digitally at the discounted price. And it's hardly a waste of coding lol, I'm fairly certain they just repacked a trimmed Wii file into one recognizable by the Wii U, that's it.

Also, for the record, these are the exact same games as the Wii versions with no modifications whatsoever, they run on Wii Mode, with all the perks that implies. So no better native resolution, no GamePad support, nothing else, just like if you were runnimg them on a Wii, or if you were playing from the disc on the Wii U.

I like to point out that he is a year late lmao. The Wii games are perfectly fine

>.> or you can buy them digitally at the discounted price. And it's hardly a waste of coding lol, I'm fairly certain they just repacked a trimmed Wii file into one recognizable by the Wii U, that's it.

Also, for the record, these are the exact same games as the Wii versions with no modifications whatsoever, they run on Wii Mode, with all the perks that implies. So no better native resolution, no GamePad support, nothing else, just like if you were runnimg them on a Wii, or if you were playing from the disc on the Wii U.

you dont get stuff on the eShop any cheaper than if you bought physical copies at stores. and i told you, they dont work with Wii U CONTROLLERS. You have to use the regular Wii controllers.

For some games they added Gamepad or Pro Controller support. Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Paper Mario are two examples that added Pro Controller support.

I think that 20 dolars/euros for a wii games is too expensive, i would put it on 10
also 5 dolar/euros for nes games is a insane price and even in the gba games there arent any multiplayer,

the only virtual console game that i Bougth was metroid prime trilogy because it was very reasonable to pay 10 euros for trhee games
also I have the 20 games that nintendo gave to the 3ds ambassador and two games that i won in the near- end of the european club nintendo but nothing that I had got paying for it

I think that, while it is cool to see Wii games on the Virtual Console, it would have been a much better move on Nintendo's part to instead focus on getting GameCube games on the VC instead. I find it quite interesting that Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are being sold in a bundle, though.

I got the metroid prime trilogy on my wii u and am loving it. 20 $ is alot of money for some wii games because they are a bit older, but prime was one game that is hard to find, and when you do find it its at a higher price because its 3 games in one. Other games might not be worth it unless they are very rare though. I actually got prime in the first week so i got the 10$ discount which was an incredible deal.

Back