Mario Kart Will Nintendo let us create our own race tracks in Mario Kart?

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
This would be really cool! I'd torture people with these stages, but also make them as good stages! A fun troll thing would be a ramp where if you went too fast, would fling you into lava, or warp you back to the start! you'd have to use the brakes and barely fall off the ramp to continue.

That's a pretty neat idea. I guess if MK9 becomes a thing this could be something they incorporate in it, and with the popularity of Mario Maker this could be an easy thing for them to pull off ^-^

I'd love a feature like this, though there'd certainly be a lot of troll tracks uploaded within a very short period of time. Nintendo is already familiar with players designing and sharing there own levels and stages for various games, so this would probably be easy to implement as well as a huge selling point. This had better happen, or dem trolls will have teh protests on teh forums and teh real life.

Mario Maker gave us the power to create our own Super Mario levels and share them to the world. From the looks of it, it became a hit; widely popular even, a must have! lol What if, they let us design our own race tracks in Mario Kart? Imagine creating a map filled with booby traps (hehe booby lol) and you can test the track out before sharing it with everyone in the world! lol Or create a map much like the Rainbow Road in Mario Kart Wii? Better yet, you create your own battle courses! Change settings like number of laps, checkpoint tracks (like MK8 N64 Rainbow Road lol), battle courses either timed, or team deathmatch or last man standing! What about shine runners and coin runners? lol

Think of all the possibilities! lol I hope Nintendo does this for the next or future mario kart games. Just like Mario Maker, Nintendo would be releasing DLCs of stuff to put for creating your race tracks lol

Of course, this is does have some flaws lol This means, a lower chance of DLC maps in that mario kart, it'll take quite a while for them to code this and of course (pun intended lol) people would be taking advantage of this when playing online lol unless, Nintendo lets it only be playable locally lol

What do y'all think of this idea? lol I'd like to hear from ya guys lol
It's a great idea!! I hope they will do it for Mario Kart NX / Mario Kart 9 / Whatever. I also hope it will be like Super Mario Maker, which was one of the best Mario games I've ever seen. The only thing I'm not sure will be good is the difficulty of making stages. Think about it, the things that make a Mario Kart stage good is also the features, like the Music Park with the Piano you can drive on or things like that.

This is of course an idea we all want to see happen, but I doubt that it will happen for Mario Kart, at least not anytime soon. :/ Considering how Mario Kart courses are 3D and much, much more technically complex than 2D platforming courses like in Super Mario Maker, users will have a very hard time creating courses that work properly and are playable - taking into account checkpoints for Lakitu to drop you at, 3D background objects and shading.

Most casual players may quickly give up trying to make a playable track, making the idea a financial loss for Nintendo. It would be fairly limited if it was to be made accessible to a general audience; Super Mario Maker, as a 2D Platformer, was able to pull it off as it remained accessible but didn't stay limited. Also, MK courses are often varied and have loads of different features, which would be difficult to put into a track creator - a lot of courses can end up having very similar themes, which takes away the excitement of playing different sorts of tracks.

It's a good idea, but I don't think it's viable for Nintendo, at least not in the near future.

It'd be pretty nice if that happened, I wonder if they did that, they'll call it Super Mario Track Maker? :confused: That sounds pretty blegh lol. Anyway, I don't think many people would actually buy it because it takes ALOT of time to create a race

Back