Windows 7 nearing its end-of-life

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date
Ohs noes!

Literally the best Windows OS for gaming (because it didn't suck the memory right out of the system)
You could use virtual machine, but I don't know if it would run well. (Never used one lol)

Reactions: Jisenku
You could use virtual machine, but I don't know if it would run well. (Never used one lol)
Depends on how good the base computer is

Reactions: Agentperson
Depends on how good the base computer is
yeah, in my case (a very good PC) i cannot use more than two at the same time (wich i need to do because of homework) or it start to lag a lot , so a pc with lower specs could have problems with only one
i guess that i will need to get more ram for my computer at some moment

yeah, in my case (a very good PC) i cannot use more than two at the same time (wich i need to do because of homework) or it start to lag a lot , so a pc with lower specs could have problems with only one
i guess that i will need to get more ram for my computer at some moment

Depends on the settings of the VMs (generally people tend to allocate way more then needed), but could be a CPU bottleneck issue (probably the most likely issue), or lack of ram ye. Or both lol.

Depends on the settings of the VMs (generally people tend to allocate way more then needed), but could be a CPU bottleneck issue (probably the most likely issue), or lack of ram ye. Or both lol.
i only have 8gb of ram, so likely is the latter

Reactions: Jisenku and 28142
Background of the search can't be changed from what I know. I've set everything to dark mode but it's still white for me.
So, you can hide the search bar to get rid of the white:

Right-click the search box -> Search -> Select "Hidden"

So, you can hide the search bar to get rid of the white:

Right-click the search box -> Search -> Select "Hidden"

Oh ye, you can also disable Cortana but that requires some regedit which I don't recommend. Search still works, just start typing when you have the start menu open and it'll show. It is white though, still doesn't apply dark mode to it. Windows just.. doesn't like UI/UX design :p

Unfortunately this won't mean anything to the die hard Windows 7 fans. Just look at the XP users, there's still a pretty huge percentage for a os that is not supported anymore.

Maybe I'm too "casual" but Windows 10 has blended the best of Windows 7 and Windows 8 and I see no major drawbacks, beyond annoying updates and a couple bugs. Now if you could skin Windows like with android to look more like windows 7 or some sort of wacky custom os that would be amazing... Back to Linux for that.:p

Unfortunately this won't mean anything to the die hard Windows 7 fans. Just look at the XP users, there's still a pretty huge percentage for a os that is not supported anymore.

This is why I gave a list of important reasons to switch as well.

My old PC that crapped-out on me was running Windows 7. I want to say my laptop is Windows 10, so I should be in the clear.

For years though I was using XP, far after it lost support. It’s just what I was used to. I only switched to 7 because XP didn’t support the latest DirectX or even recognize my RAM.

Haha... this is not good I have been using Windows 7 for so long
IM STILL USING IT
I’m afraid my game saves will be lost
Will this happen? I’m too lazy to go onto the website to see :(

Back