Mario Kart Would You Recommend Mario Kart 7

• Thread starter Dark Eevee
  • Start date
Dark Eevee

Dark Eevee

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
I have played Mario Kart Wii and since I don't have a Wii U I can't have Mario Kart 8. If someone could tell me the difference between Mario Kart Wii, 7 and 8. I would also love to see some info on the multiplayer and if it's even worth buying.

Mario Kart 8 is better in nearly all ways than Mario Kart 7, being the successor and all. It has DLC, waaay better graphics and music, more characters, etc.

That said, Mario Kart 7 is a great entry on it's own, so you should definitely get it if you can. And unlike Mario Kart Wii, it still has online play.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
Like what NoDragon said, Mk8 is pretty much better in every way.

Mk7 these days are rather cheap, I am sure you can get a copy for 10 to 15 bucks. Mario kart on the Wii is quite old, and with no online, you probably won't log on too much hours. Since you do not plan on getting Mk8 or a Wii u, I am sure buying Mario Kart 7 is fine.

Unless you have the money to invest for a Wii U and Mario Kart 8 both then in my opinion, Mario Kart is quite good to get itself. It still has people you can find to race online and also you can play it on the go :p MK Wii sadly has no more online features and MK8 just has more content.

No

imo, the worst Mario Kart in the series

It's definitely a fun game but it can get boring at times sure, as all of the other Mario Kart's do. Mario Kart 8 however is the best Mario Kart game out of the franchise in my humble opinion :singing: but yeah, go for it if you even thought about it a part of you wants to buy it so buy it! =P
No

imo, the worst Mario Kart in the series
You should give reasons to that answer.

It's definitely a fun game but it can get boring at times sure, as all of the other Mario Kart's do. Mario Kart 8 however is the best Mario Kart game out of the franchise in my humble opinion :singing: but yeah, go for it if you even thought about it a part of you wants to buy it so buy it! =P

You should give reasons to that answer.

104px-Honey_Queen_MK7.png

I think Queen Bee is enough as an argument

> Queen Bee
> Controls are horrible
> Queen Bee
> No vs Mode
> Queen Bee
> They took out auto drifting (is not in MK8, but at least in that game you have decent controlers to deal with it, you can't drift properly with 3DS unless you destroy your circle Pad in the process)
> Queen Bee
> Super Small Character roster
> Queen Bee
> They took out a lot of characters, and replaced them with stuff like Queen Bee (Seriously? of all the characters... queen bee?)
> Queen Bee
> Is the slowest game in the franchise, put that in a sentence:
"Racing Game" and "Slow" should not be in the same sentence... ever (but somehow, MK7 made it possible)
> Queen Bee
> Broken... like... super broken and unbalanced (compared to other Mario Karts), some items punish you reaaally hard
> Queen Bee
> The internet connection is horrible (To be fair, most 3DS games have horrible connection anyways, but is ussualy not thaaaaat bad)
> Queen Bee
> This game added Metal Mario...
> Queen Bee
> Some gaps are really OP, but only work with certain characters/kart combo
> Queen Bee
> The part unlock mechanic
> Queen Bee
> They took out Bikes
> Queen Bee
> Most of the MK7 tracks are quite bad imo, even the rainbow road is mediocre
> Queen Bee
> The voice acting...

And most importantly, and biggest flaw on MK7

Wiggler Queen Bee!!

At least some music is nice... SOME

I recommend Mario kart 7 because of the plane glider and you can play it anywere! It also has different karts and it has other stages. On Wiiu you have to get dlc for 3ds stages and on 3ds you don't.

104px-Honey_Queen_MK7.png

I think Queen Bee is enough as an argument

> Queen Bee
> Controls are horrible
> Queen Bee
> No vs Mode
> Queen Bee
> They took out auto drifting (is not in MK8, but at least in that game you have decent controlers to deal with it, you can't drift properly with 3DS unless you destroy your circle Pad in the process)
> Queen Bee
> Super Small Character roster
> Queen Bee
> They took out a lot of characters, and replaced them with stuff like Queen Bee (Seriously? of all the characters... queen bee?)
> Queen Bee
> Is the slowest game in the franchise, put that in a sentence:
"Racing Game" and "Slow" should not be in the same sentence... ever (but somehow, MK7 made it possible)
> Queen Bee
> Broken... like... super broken and unbalanced (compared to other Mario Karts), some items punish you reaaally hard
> Queen Bee
> The internet connection is horrible (To be fair, most 3DS games have horrible connection anyways, but is ussualy not thaaaaat bad)
> Queen Bee
> This game added Metal Mario...
> Queen Bee
> Some gaps are really OP, but only work with certain characters/kart combo
> Queen Bee
> The part unlock mechanic
> Queen Bee
> They took out Bikes
> Queen Bee
> Most of the MK7 tracks are quite bad imo, even the rainbow road is mediocre
> Queen Bee
> The voice acting...

And most importantly, and biggest flaw on MK7

Wiggler Queen Bee!!

At least some music is nice... SOME
Most of your accusations are really bad :p just because it introduced Queen Bee to Mario Kart doesn't make it a bad game.

The online is very good, I've never had any kind of lag, myself. Sm4sh 3DS would be the worst piece of crap connectionwise.

Unbalanced? Are you serious? It's one of the more balanced ones in the franchise o_O

I haven't destroyed my Circle Pad with this game, some people are just not careful.

The controls are not horrible, you can't expect controller-like controls on a portable console.

The parts and customization are actually one of the best new features the franchise has had in a while.

Metal Mario is an excellent character :p

Everything else is excused by it being one of the earlier 3DS titles, so devs hadn't learned how to program for it properly, there's also the fact that it was before the eshop and network infrastructure revamp.

Most of your accusations are really bad :p just because it introduced Queen Bee to Mario Kart doesn't make it a bad game.

The online is very good, I've never had any kind of lag, myself. Sm4sh 3DS would be the worst piece of crap connectionwise.

Unbalanced? Are you serious? It's one of the more balanced ones in the franchise o_O

I haven't destroyed my Circle Pad with this game, some people are just not careful.

The controls are not horrible, you can't expect controller-like controls on a portable console.

The parts and customization are actually one of the best new features the franchise has had in a while.

Metal Mario is an excellent character :p

Everything else is excused by it being one of the earlier 3DS titles, so devs hadn't learned how to program for it properly, there's also the fact that it was before the eshop and network infrastructure revamp.

I think you don't know that saying Queen Bee was a joke... I thought it was pretty obvious...

And I meant unbalanced itemwise (tho Metal Mario was pretty much the best character)

Last edited:
I think you don't know that saying Queen Bee was a joke... I thought it was pretty obvious...

And I meant unbalanced itemwise (tho Metal Mario was pretty much the best character)
Ah, well, I didn't get it :p

Items being unbalanced is a problem with the whole franchise, not just with 7, look at Double Dash!!

Ah, well, I didn't get it :p

Items being unbalanced is a problem with the whole franchise, not just with 7, look at Double Dash!!

I'm not saying that Mario Kart 7 is the more unbalanced itemwise (that's DD by far) but is one of the worst ones in that

There are certain games that have balanced items like DS and 8 (8 is because the item distribution is for distance, and not for place)

I'm not saying that Mario Kart 7 is the more unbalanced itemwise (that's DD by far) but is one of the worst ones in that

There are certain games that have balanced items like DS and 8 (8 is because the item distribution is for distance, and not for place)
Still not enough to call it the worst by fsr though :p

For all intents and purposes, the worst by far is Super Mario Kart, considering it's the first one, the most unpolished and broken of them all. Still doesn't make it a bad game by any means whatsoever

Reactions: Zukrad
Still not enough to call it the worst by fsr though :p

For all intents and purposes, the worst by far is Super Mario Kart, considering it's the first one, the most unpolished and broken of them all. Still doesn't make it a bad game by any means whatsoever

Well... Super Mario Kart didn't had Queen Bee... that's a plus

I have played Mario Kart Wii and since I don't have a Wii U I can't have Mario Kart 8. If someone could tell me the difference between Mario Kart Wii, 7 and 8. I would also love to see some info on the multiplayer and if it's even worth buying.

I too do not have mk8 at the present time, though i do have future plans arranged to get it. But back on subject, i have both mkwii and mk7. I enjoy both very much, and i will do my best to give you my full summary on what i do like about the two and what i think could be improved with either version. I will try not to spoil anything here, even though this is Mario kart and so forth in which case it (might) be rather easy to avoid spoiling anything or too much. Moving on, i will continue.

Mario kart wii was very good, and i enjoyed it very much being someone who had been actively playing it for several months or even a year. I was especially pleased with the item variety and the new items in the game as well. Some of my huge favorites in this game were the pow block, the mega mushroom (i often call this the big mushroom, but i dont want to confuse anyone here, so i will refrain from that for now), and of course my two classic favorites: the bullet bill and the blue shell. The blue shell had wings in this version of mario kart, which i thought looked very cool and all, but that was changed when nintendo released mk7, where the item did not have wings which allowed it to run along the road of the course and then upon reaching the person in the lead it just acts as it always has ever since mkds (this was the game i first saw it in, so thats why i said that). The item may not be as nice or fancy looking as it was in previous games, given it does not have wings in mk7, but: programming the item to run along the course's grounds will obviously grant the user more item hits on anyone who may be ahead of them, so i understand Nintendo's reason for making this change. Another thing i like more about mkwii is the fact that the grand prix mode allows the player to finish even if he/she is guaranteed to come last. Yes, obviously being able to do this doesn't help the player much or have any serious benefit, but i enjoyed at least being able to finish on my own versus the built-in auto finish in mk7 grand prix. Its nothing too serious, but i would like nintendo to change that about mk7, personally.

Now for mario kart 7, i was a bit disappointed with Nintendo removing the pow block and mega mushroom items, but putting that aside there were a lot of things i still liked about this game. The player was granted more mobility during races, as gliders were added and nintendo also allowed players to drive underewater as well. I was very impressed with this new compatibility, seeing none of this was legally possible in previous games and so forth, so i much enjoyed these new features and still do. The grand prix ranking system was also changed to make getting the full three stars a bit easier. The mario kart wii ranking system was more broad than the mk7 one which left a lot more room for not even getting one star at the end of the full race. This for me was a bit frustrating when i was trying to 100% mkwii, and by the time i hit somewhere in 150cc's i was getting kinda tired and not as interested and took a lot of breaks as a result, so i personally am glad that this was changed when mk7 was released.

To put it in a few words, i enjoy both very much and for me its hard to choose a favorite between the two, but i wanted to cover everything i know about the two and the goods and bads about each just so you can decide for yourself if you wanna get mk7. From me personally, i recommend getting it whenever you can. Its up to you though. Im just here to give information. ;)

This question is very opinion based in my opinion (haha). I have Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8. I prefer Mario Kart 7 by a long shot, but I'm not entirely sure that Mario Kart 7 is the better game than Mario Kart 8. Mario Kart 8 is one of the best entries in the series, but I never really enjoyed it as much as Mario Kart 7. I would recommend picking up Mario Kart 7 if you can find it for cheap.

i would recommend mario kart 7 its one one the best mario karts ever.
Reasons mario kart 7 is awsome
1.the underwater racing and flying racing is fun.
2.the new items are super cool.(fire flower, the leaf tail and the lucky 7)
3.the maps are really good and creative.
4. the music is really good.
5. the multiplayer is the best ever.
6.it on a portable system.
and thats why mario kart 7 is awsome.

i would recommend mario kart 7 its one one the best mario karts ever.
Reasons mario kart 7 is awsome
1.the underwater racing and flying racing is fun.
2.the new items are super cool.(fire flower, the leaf tail and the lucky 7)
3.the maps are really good and creative.
4. the music is really good.
5. the multiplayer is the best ever.
6.it on a portable system.
and thats why mario kart 7 is awsome.

Hey i like the game for much of those reasons too! =) i love lucky 7, very much cool item =D an i too am one to prefur portable games to (my personul reasons). As for multiplayer, im no fan with the online because too many people act leik idiots and just make people mad cuz they have nothing better to do (it seems). I dont speak for all, but its still true

Would I recommend Mario Kart 7? Not really because at times you can get bored of the game you know while your playing. I really don't like Wiggler or Honey Queen but mostly Honey Queen because I find her so annoying and after what happened in Super Mario Galaxy, I rather not play her at all. Although, I do like some of the music in Mario Kart 7 (mostly Rosalina's Ice World and Rainbow Road). What I find annoying sometimes is when doing multiplayer you have to wait so long until it finally loads. I dealt with that several times and I couldn't stand it. Anyways, I don't play Mario Kart 7 anymore due to getting Mario Kart Wii and been that ever since now.

Would I recommend Mario Kart 7? Not really because at times you can get bored of the game you know while your playing. I really don't like Wiggler or Honey Queen but mostly Honey Queen because I find her so annoying and after what happened in Super Mario Galaxy, I rather not play her at all. Although, I do like some of the music in Mario Kart 7 (mostly Rosalina's Ice World and Rainbow Road). What I find annoying sometimes is when doing multiplayer you have to wait so long until it finally loads. I dealt with that several times and I couldn't stand it. Anyways, I don't play Mario Kart 7 anymore due to getting Mario Kart Wii and been that ever since now.
wow you dont like mario kart 7 because 2 characters and the online play is crap.so what the local multiplayer makes up that and if you get bored of it than play another game.

Back