Your Reaction: Nintendo creates an eShop app to record your 3DS Gameplay to upload to YouTube

• Thread starter GravityTheGhost
  • Start date
GravityTheGhost

GravityTheGhost

Sp00ky Sp1r1t
Towns Folk
I would cry tears of joy :'D

Yes, I know that there is a way to do it. No, I'm not risking bricking my 3DS to do it. Or buying a capture card.

That's a great idea. Though it would drive capture card sellers out of business. Is it even possible? The closest thing to this is sharing Wii U smash replays. It makes me wonder... why doesn't Nintendo want to sell their own capture cards? That might help with game publicity.

That's a great idea. Though it would drive capture card sellers out of business. Is it even possible? The closest thing to this is sharing Wii U smash replays. It makes me wonder... why doesn't Nintendo want to sell their own capture cards? That might help with game publicity.
I'd be okay if it was a physical thing, since they have a way of doing it, though it is always wired (as seen in E3 Treehouse, etc). But I think it would be a great idea especially for those who want to create 3DS YouTube content.

I wish they would, as me and my mom were looking at capture cards and they gotta install it into your 3ds, which I don't really want to do because I don't want my 3ds ruined, also 300$? Naaah. But it would really help 3ds YouTubers to be able to record it easier without needing to get there 3ds cut open.

Hacked New 3DS users can try NTR CFW 3.4 Preview2 to stream their screen content to their PC then record or stream that from the PC. It usually has an output between 20 and 30 FPS depenfing on the amount of action on the 3DS.
That's not as good as a capture card but it's free at least.

I think that this violates your rights against online privacy. I would not want my gameplay times on Youtube. It would be quite embarrassing because I have thousands and thousands of hours on all of my nintendo role playing anime games.

I think that this violates your rights against online privacy. I would not want my gameplay times on Youtube. It would be quite embarrassing because I have thousands and thousands of hours on all of my nintendo role playing anime games.

what

That's a great idea. Though it would drive capture card sellers out of business.
Not unless the app has terrible recording quality, then people wouldn't really bother downloading it unless they don't have any other means. But I'm fairly certain Nintendo wouldn't go out of their way to make something like this in the first place.

So this means I can record all my dumb Smash 3DS and Pokemon replays onto youtube without hassle? NICE!

And I think you completely don't understand what this means.

First and foremost, it's completely optional. If you want to screen record gameplay for 3DS without buying a capture card, this is what you would end up downloading. It's not like Nintendo is randomly recording you play your games and posting it on Youtube for everyone to see, that's for you to do.

Next, this doesn't violate any rights, because as stated before, this is completely optional. Downloading the app on your 3DS basically means you're allowing them to record your 3DS screen for your own purpose. They could care less about what you do with their 3DS, but this is actually them trying to be nice to the people that would want to upload content on Youtube featuring 3DS games.

Please try to understand the post before posting.

I would like this upload to YouTube feature, so I wouldn't have to spend 100$+ for a good capture card. And that would let me finally get serious about my YouTube channel. I would mainly just use it for smash, Pokemon, and fates.

It won't happen. There is a reason why these capture cards are so expensive, and I am sure nintendo will not be able to do something like that on a 3ds. The 3ds is simply too outdated to multitask and run a program to record the 3ds gameplay from the 3ds's own hardware. Probably it is possible next generation.

I like that idea the PS4 already does it so why Nintendo? Not to mention it will add more to my channel because I only really have MMD and Nintendo gameplay would be nice.

This would be a very handy tool but it also pushes capture cards' business to a very low sale rate, but then again you can't exactly put your voice in it so I guess capture cards would still be in use. I don't know if Nintendo could do I though, PlayStation did it but I mean... look at the Wii U and PlayStation 4, the PlayStation 4 runs so much faster than the Wii U.

An app that could do such things with the 3DS? That actually would be really awesome and especially helpful to people who want to upload stuff from the 3DS. It'll probably come with some sort of price or yearly payment because that would be the way that I would think Nintendo would do it :p

That's a great idea. Though it would drive capture card sellers out of business.
Capture cards are not just for the 3DS so they'll make good money from those who will want to record PS4/XBO, and etc. Are for it being possible, maybe. I had recently downloaded a screen recorder app for my tablet. It was garbage and crashed while recording MKX footage but it didn't require me to have a rooted tablet.

I think it would be a smart move to make such an app, but Nintendo isn't well known for it's smart marketing moves. Personally I wouldn't use it though.

WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS!!!

I really want this, I have always wanted to make a channel but I don't have any good equipment. If they were to ever bless me with this then I would hope to god it would be free.

Here's an example of what NTR (mentionned in my previous post) can do on a New 3DS. And this is using free things only (NTR is free, OBS is free, ffmpeg is free (just used to fix the delay between sound and image), ...). The only downside is that it's not 60FPS but more like 25-30 (at least for the upper screen). Still enough to see what's happening.

This would actually be very nice to have. I want to start videos sometime in the future and being able to post my 3DS gameplay would be a blessing.

This would be very useful when you want to show proof of beating a nearly impossible game to your friends if they don't believe you. xD

Speedruns could be an option as well, sharing it on Youtube and the like. You could do a full wallthrough of a game to help other people who manage to get stuck at certain points. There are so many uses. :eek:

It's a wonderful idea, but it sounds pretty expensive. :p

Back