Do you buy new or preowned nintendo games?

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
I'm sure that like 97% of the games I have are new-to-use copies from the time of their release.I know for sure that the Game Boy Advance games that I have(which is only one :panda:) were used at some time before,evidently because it came without it's box,and the store manager tested the game on a normal DS to see if it worked and if there was saved data included.I got it for almost half the price of a full game nowadays. :pompus:
There are others whether I'm not certain if they were used before or not,because they came at a much cheaper price,yet,they did come in their boxes,and with plastic covering it all like a new game.For example,earlier this year,there was a discount running up on the store where I bought the game,including discounts for Wii,DS and Xbox 360 titles.As such,I bought Hotel Dusk with what I think would be the equivalent of 15 dollars in translation from reals to dollars.Before that,I did buy another DS game for 24 dollars.Those two games both didn't have manuals on their boxes,and on the back of the cartridge,there were round stickers saying "Clube NDC",which I have no idea what that meant.I dunno if it was because they didn't come with manuals to begin with originally,but the games work just fine.New games are usually bought by myself or my parents from other stores.

I buy the new games because the pre owned could be a rip off with mess up game and cant be fix i rather get a new game!

I always purchase new games rather purchasing someone used games .i purchase new games because someone used games might already have some kind of problem this i s the reason so they selling it !!

Times are tough for some people, so do you only buy pre-owned games or buy them the minute they come out NEW?
Sometimes i buy them when there released when i got enough money, but if i don't then i go with pre-owned with some coupons and stuff to get the game lower or for free with the get 2 get 1 free offer.

It depends, I would go for used games if I was getting 3DS games because they are cartridges. If I was getting a Wii or Wii U game I would try to get them first hand (or just from the eshop xD)

Since I primarily collect retro games and only very rarely buy modern stuff, I usually have no choice but to go with used copies because new NES and SNES games - if they exist at all - are horrifically expensive. It makes me feel a bit upset for not realizing this so many years ago and stocking up. Anyway, though, that's where the fun comes in, whether it's carefully considering Amazon's list of used copies, waiting for someone who doesn't know the game's value to put up a like new copy, or actually physically searching for them at flea markets.

When I do buy newer stuff, I tend to go for new on the things I really care about (since they're usually a day 1 buy for me) and used on things I don't. Just gotta buy from those reputable sellers, even if they're a few dollars more expensive than the guy who only has a few ratings or no ratings at all.

I usually buy pre owned. They're cheaper, so i always have money left over to get other things. But, if it's an amazing game that has had a lot of effort, then i try to support nintendo, and go to game, pick up a copy. I recently got mario kart 7, brand new, sealed for £20. Great deal, and i'm having a lot of. Telling you, man, nintendo really do stand out from the rest of the competition. Customer service is always friendly, they're gamers themselves.

I always buyed used games from GameStop.since they have their 1 week policy where if it doesn't work in a week then you can get a new one.it's also cheaper but for games like smash bros brawl,regardless if used or new,it's the Same $30 price

I usually buy new copies of the game. I think about 95% of my games are brand new. I think the only time I bought a pre owned game was when I bought Pokemon Diamond, since the previous copy that I had would never let me get passed the 2nd gym since it would always freeze. Surprisingly, it was in a good condition.

It all depends on the game because if it were smash bros. 3ds/Wii U I would be forced to get it new because when will they get more in OR used right, and Splatoon I would want to buy new and mario kart 8 too I would buy new, but I would buy these used too I just want them sooner that is how I work in this mind a thing. :p

It truly depends on the game, if it's one that I'm super excited for like pokemon y or omega ruby I buy it on the spot.

But for games like animal crossing, fire emblem, and tomodachi life I would have preferred to have gotten them pre-used because those were games that I had played previously before but decided to get because I wanted to play again with out borrowing them again.

Then again games like pokemon ranger with the pokemon gift you get at the end of the extra quests you have to get new because if you get it used the person before you had already gotten the pokemon.

Sometimes pre-owned games are the greatest find like when I found two Ace attorney games and kingdom hearts games. but then again some games aren't found pre-owned like tomodachi life and fire emblem. (when I was looking)

I always try to go pre-owned though, but I always end up buying them new.

Looking back at my purchases, I should've gotten the pre-owned games, but I usually get the new ones. My first Pokemon game, Diamond was pre-owned, and worked perfectly. In the end, it's probably better to buy the pre-owned games because they're cheaper, unless the game just came out and you're too anxious to wait.

Times are tough for some people, so do you only buy pre-owned games or buy them the minute they come out NEW?
Preowned because it is cheaper, it doesnt matter to me if its BRAND NEW and COMPLETELY PACKAGED just as long as it works its all good for me :D

This brought up disc games, which I was not thinking of. I dont have a wii or gamecube so I just dont care.

I do, however have a 3ds, so I use the used games a lot. I buy new if I want an unedited version or for downloads.

As of today, I almost always but new Nintendo games. I have simply had too many issues buying used where these things are concerned, such as my Ocarina of Time 3DS arriving off eBay with only the case and no game inside, despite the listing saying otherwise...

Always firsthand games for me. I've developed a stigma against secondhand copies of games, DVDs, CDs and the like altogether - maybe I ended up buying one too many scratched copies as a kid. In fact, I don't believe I've bought secondhand for years now, all my copies of Switch games were bought new.

I have a few secondhand DS games, though. Old DS game. All my 3DS and Wii U games are firsthand, likely all my Wii games, too.

preowned games and new brought games i am indoffrent to them however overtime this has fluxuated into diffrent status than what i would do in the past , as i am both i would get used or new games depends on what is in stock and if new would come with bonus content , however the times have changed and now i do not know what catagory i wouldnland in due to covid19 stripping my freedom ability to go out and such stores like gamestop”if i ever would go there again” or other stores that sell electronics like walmart , target , bestbuy i am in a position where unable to obtaim physcial games on my own outside of gifts , if wuhan virus was not as big of a issue and did not become a pandemic then i would for sure be leaning more in favor of buying nee nintendo games for any store that is not game stop , but due to the situation being out of control as it is in the world i am stuck in digital only camp , i am type who prefer having the game in a box rather than digital only and i am not a fan of gamestop and their poor lookimg used box art covers for games that not had box traded in to them.

Depends on the games title and how old the game is. If I'm trying to get an oldish switch game like say for example breath of the wild, I'd for sure buy it preowned. If I'm trying to get a game that comes with nso like Mario Maker 2 or a new launch game like splatoon 3 I'm buying it new. Preowned games are pretty dope if you wanna get a game on sale. I've gotten bayonetta 2 for switch at a preowned sale at game stop. It was pretty dope.

i buy digital

Back when I had a 3ds, I would buy pre-owned games. That is probably the best route, unless ur a collector. Pre-owned games can go down dirt cheap, but always make sure it is in "good condition", otherwise it would be best to buy it new.

Sometimes though, it can be on sale if it's new, especially now. Most times, there is a %20 off sale on a game that just got released on the Nintendo Switch, if it's more of an Indie game though.

Back