3D or No 3D - Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Are you going to play The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds in 3D or not (when you get the game, of course)? According to news reports, the game will run at 60 fps with 3D enabled.

Are you going to play The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds in 3D or not (when you get the game, of course)? According to news reports, the game will run at 60 fps with 3D enabled.

I don't know. If the game is good, I won't be using the 3D because I will save my battery :D

I'll probably be playing it in non-3D as for the fact I can't see the 3D. :( I bet the game would be fun regardless though.

I will us 3D if i get it(I will also use 3D for Pokemon Y of course.)

I will never use 3D even though it looks fancy but the eye strain i get is just not worth it. it sucks xD

like my other games, I won't use the 3D no matter how much it's required.

like my other games, I won't use the 3D no matter how much it's required.
Lol, it's not required in any game xD If it were required we will all be using it or not playing that specific game at all.

It's never required, but games tend to look amazing in 3D.....I mean, FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING BATTLES ARE SIMPLY EPIC IN 3D :O. Yes, it's a different thing for LoZ no doubt, but it's possible that there could be cases where the 3D effect is simply amazing. Perhaps not Kid Icarus amazing given it's always from the same top perspective (except with the hieroglyphic thing) but yeah

It's never required, but games tend to look amazing in 3D.....I mean, FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING BATTLES ARE SIMPLY EPIC IN 3D :O. Yes, it's a different thing for LoZ no doubt, but it's possible that there could be cases where the 3D effect is simply amazing. Perhaps not Kid Icarus amazing given it's always from the same top perspective (except with the hieroglyphic thing) but yeah

But mastering the 3D effect is still in progress.
A lot of games have that annoying ghost effect.

But mastering the 3D effect is still in progress.
A lot of games have that annoying ghost effect.

That is very true. I guess it depends on a case by case basis to a large extent. We'll have to wait and see what this one is like

3d of course i always play in 3d. but if i do it for 6 hours streight.:wacky: i feel :wacky::wacky::wacky: when i play that long in 3d.

thing is though is that if you play in 3D the battery will die faster. So if you want to play for a long time before having to charge, 3D may not be the best option.

I generally play my 3DS at home so 3D is no issue but I'm not a huge fan of the feature, it's cool for videos and cutscenes but it distracts me in gameplay.

I generally play my 3DS at home so 3D is no issue but I'm not a huge fan of the feature, it's cool for videos and cutscenes but it distracts me in gameplay.
yeah, only with some games does the 3D feature enhance gameplay without being distracting. One example of it being good that I can think of is Fire Emblem: Awakening. The second image thing isn't really apparent (if there at all) when in battle and it actually makes them more interesting.

I'm a bit concerned that 3D will be a bit of a gimmick for Link Between Worlds

yeah, only with some games does the 3D feature enhance gameplay without being distracting. One example of it being good that I can think of is Fire Emblem: Awakening. The second image thing isn't really apparent (if there at all) when in battle and it actually makes them more interesting.

I'm a bit concerned that 3D will be a bit of a gimmick for Link Between Worlds
If it's a sprited game the 3D makes it look pretty nice, I enjoyed playing Project X Zone in 3D, but there aren't many examples of 3D games like that.

If it's a sprited game the 3D makes it look pretty nice, I enjoyed playing Project X Zone in 3D, but there aren't many examples of 3D games like that.
so if it's a sprited game the 3D works? Would SSB4 for 3DS be considered a sprited game with the whole "graphics" they're using for the characters?

so if it's a sprited game the 3D works? Would SSB4 for 3DS be considered a sprited game with the whole "graphics" they're using for the characters?
It's a general rule and the outlines are there to make it easier to see, they are actual models, in fact you can thin out or remove the outlines, it was confirmed a while back so it's a 3D game. As for ALBW I'm probably not going to use it often.

It's a general rule and the outlines are there to make it easier to see, they are actual models, in fact you can thin out or remove the outlines, it was confirmed a while back so it's a 3D game. As for ALBW I'm probably not going to use it often.
Oh, that's nice....I'll definitely be using that thinning feature perhaps lol And yeah, ALBW doesn't seem like a game that'll effectively use 3D that well.

Oh, that's nice....I'll definitely be using that thinning feature perhaps lol And yeah, ALBW doesn't seem like a game that'll effectively use 3D that well.
It doesn't really, Link Between Worlds just seems like the classic Donkey Kong Country in the graphics department, where they went and made 3D models then turned them into sprites, it looks nice, but it's not 3D-esque.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
It doesn't really, Link Between Worlds just seems like the classic Donkey Kong Country in the graphics department, where they went and made 3D models then turned them into sprites, it looks nice, but it's not 3D-esque.
Yeah, the only point I'd imagine the 3D would be useful would be the rare cases where Link uses the Hieroglyphic thing to move across walls.

Back