• Thread starter writesout
  • Start date

Which Smash game is better?

• Total voters
writesout

writesout

On that Youtube grind.
Towns Folk
Which Super Smash Bros. game do you think is better: 3DS or Wii U?

I want to know what the people think. Choose one and explain why.

Don't use hardware as pros and cons (Like graphics, or the fact that the 3DS is portable.) This is a comparison of the games.

Don't use hardware as pros and cons (Like graphics, or the fact that the 3DS is portable.) This is a comparison of the games.
Okay, im gonna count those two, but you can ignore, pros and cons for 3ds and wiiu
Wiiu pros: Some unlockable characters avalible as starters, graphics, more controler options (wii remote with or without nunchuck, wiiu gamepad, pro controlers, gamecube, even 3ds with $2 app), more music
3ds: Portable

Why is this even a question? Wii u obviously lol.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
To me the only things that 3DS has over the WiiU for me is Smash Run, and the fact that none of my friends have WiiUs so we play on 3DS whenever we want to play Smash online. Considering the second one is a personal problem the WiiU version is overall the better for the reasons stated above.

Reactions: Hayleia
To me the only things that 3DS has over the WiiU for me is Smash Run.
This. If we forget about hardware, 3DS wins thanks to that mode (and Wii U has 8 player support but I don't have 8 friends who are into Smash so I don't care).

And if we take hardware into account, then I don't know who wins, because 3DS has portability and Wii U has graphics and GC Pad support.

Super Smash Bros. is absolutely better on the Wii U, in my opinion, because of how you can use the controls mainly. Being it the Game Pad, GBC controller or even the Wiimote, I find it a lot better than playing on the 3DS. The 3DS just feels a little fragile. However, I think the Wii U version is also better because of graphics and the 8 player support.

The 3DS version is better because of Smash Run and better controls (just a personal preference) although I can use the gamepad equally as well. The Wii U has a more accessible multiplayer experience and a better two player experience (online doubles as well as two player event mode). Given the choice I'd say I prefer the Wii U. It also has more content and better competitive stages.

If nothing can be said about the hardware preference, then I guess the Wii U version would win in my opinion because it has more content, like way more than the 3DS version :p More stages, music and features such as being able to select specific music for stages, building stages with Stage Builder, etc.

3DS version. It's the one and only I have. It can be just as fun to play even if it doesn't have a lot of music and stages. What I think really matters is how it plays and even though I never played the other version, I'm sure doing so will not change my opinion on which system I prefer to play Sm4sh on.

Smash Run and portability are the only things I like about the 3ds version over the Wii u.

I prefer the Wii U due to the ability to use GC controllers and 8 player, need that at my place xP

Smash Run and portability are nice, but I prefer the Wii U version for Graphics, Events, GC controllers, and all the music.

Well the WiiU is just straight up better in every aspect except one. Portability. I can play 3DS with my friends wherever we are. I don't have to arrange times to play with them we just play at lunch, before school, durng class, after class, on the bus. Basically always. And thats what's great about it. But you can play WiiU on a more competetive level and isn't that what really matters?

There's no competition really, unless you don't have a TV or you REALLY wanna play Smash Run all day.

Last edited:
It kind of is a draw. 3ds is great cause of its smash run, and the fact that it is mobile is a great plus. you can just take it in your pocket, earn some street pass hits and get some coins all at the same time. Smash run is really fun, so Its a hard decision. Wii U is great because its Home friendly, not very big as far as home consoles go, and the graphics are amazing. It's also good because you can connect it to your tv and play like that. So, you decide.

I pick the Wii U only because it's on a bigger screen and when I play Smash or any game like it I love using bigger screens. The 3DS is bad but I don't like having to lean in to fight.

And too it feels more fun for all to see use victorious XD.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Wii u is MUCH BETTER. All moving entities in the 3ds is not 60 frames per second. All playable characters in 3ds is 60 frames per second though. Wii u has events, smash tour, 8 player smash, HD, better online, and alot more. So buy Super smash bros wii u

it all depends on you.
Examples: if you have lots of friends with 3ds then get super smash bros for 3ds so you can play with them.
2: if you have no friends with 3ds then get smash bros for wii u.

I'ma just write pros for each of them

Wii U:
- Better graphics (HD)
- There's 8 player smash
- Big & small screens (Gamepad and TV)
- Can be used for better online play

3ds:
- Portable
- Can be used for local play
- Cheaper then Wii U version (If you buy them from Walmart or places like that)

That's all I remember ;-;
Other people probably made better points
But whatevs >.>

Can't decide.

All I can say is that if you don't leave the house that much then get the Wii U version, because it is better then the 3ds version (at least in my opinion), but if all you care about is playing a good (not perfect) smash bros game on the go, then you should get the 3ds version :)

Back