3DS versus other hand helds?

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
Maddie

Maddie

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
What made you get a 3DS?

First of all, the Nintendo 3Ds was the only hand-held console that had any games that I wanted. I couldn't really find any games to play on the PSP or the Vita.

Second of all, it's in 3D! How come Sony didn't think of that when they were making their hand-helds?

Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying your 3DS as much as I am. I'm loving it!

I got a 3DS because I'm an obvious Nintendo nerd, so I get every latest Nintendo system there is.

Reactions: JunZhi
I got the 3ds mainly for Pokemon X/Y and Animal Crossing. But, there are a lot of other games I want to. To be honest, I don't use the 3d mode much but I just like the 3ds for their games. It wouldn't be good for me to have only a DSi cause then I'll be behind on all the good games

At the time I had all the handhelds, the only thing left to get was the 3DS :p But I got it for Zelda OoT 3D, really wanted to play that in higher graphics.

Fire Emblem Awakening, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7 possessed me to purchase a 3DS.
There's so many great games yet to still be released as well! Gawd, my wallet is crying in pain.

Pokemon.

Plus, Nintendo has always dominated in the Mobile market. When I think mobile gaming, I think games created for a DS.

Reactions: Flarence
Pokemon.
Plus, Nintendo has always dominated in the Mobile market. When I think mobile gaming, I think games created for a DS.

I totally agree, ever since I was like five, all of my friends or people I knew, nearly everyone either had a gameboy of somesort, or they'd kill for one.

Reactions: Matthew
Tbh, I bought it because of Pokemon X/Y but after getting it I noticed that this thing has a lot more to offer than just Pokemon awesomeness. It's a great device much better than Vita in terms of games.

Reactions: Marc
There were some games announced for it that I wanted, and there were only two in stock at the shop I checked it out at.
I think it's worse than the PSP (my favourite handheld) and GBA/GBA SP because they both have much, much better libraries; but it's better by a big margin than the Nintendo DS.
Second of all, it's in 3D! How come Sony didn't think of that when they were making their hand-helds?
I think the 3D is a very stupid gimmick, I rarely use it and it's just problematic because you have to hold your console at a very specific angle. But my opinion is of no consequence.

But I'm quite happy with my 3DS - it's a good console. And Project X Zone is exclusive to it.

Reactions: Marc
I'm considering a Shield handheld console, since I need an unlocked phone, lol.

Well, I wanted to buy the PSVita, but the games for the 3DS change my mind...

Pokemon as well. Plus, I've always bought all the Nintendo handhelds that have been released.

Well, I wanted to buy the PSVita, but the games for the 3DS change my mind...
Pretty much the only reason that the 3DS has been winning is the fact that its library of games is so good.

Pretty much the only reason that the 3DS has been winning is the fact that its library of games is so good.

Well, and the other thing some people is choosing the 3DS is because storage.
The PS Vita memory cards are expensive, with one of 8GB you can buy a SD of 32GB.

Too bad if you had to survive with digital retails and games... like me.

I think the PS Vita is better as a system than the Nintendo 3DS. But I think the 3DS has a better gaming library. I'm here to play some games, so I went with the 3DS. And I don't know what was up with the Vita's price.

I think the PS Vita is better as a system than the Nintendo 3DS. But I think the 3DS has a better gaming library. I'm here to play some games, so I went with the 3DS. And I don't know what was up with the Vita's price.
I used to think like you. Just because the PSVita is a powerful device doesn't make it any better. Overall, 3DS is better and Yes, game library is the #1 reason for any gaming console to be on top.

The 3DS doesn't only offer a better gaming library, it also offers better gameplay elements compared to the Vita.

Good and vast would be the right choice of words. :)

The 3DS doesn't only offer a better gaming library, it also offers better gameplay elements compared to the Vita.
Truth.
I used to think like you. Just because the PSVita is a powerful device doesn't make it any better. Overall, 3DS is better and Yes, game library is the #1 reason for any gaming console to be on top.
Yeah, I thought the 3DS would fail since the Vita was so vastly superior, but I had a feeling that things like Pokemon (which turned out to play a minimal role) would push the 3DS into a better position since I didn't realize the PSP was popular. Had I realized the PSP was actually a big deal in its time, I would have said that the Vita would have won outright. Of course, we all know that that the 3DS proved victorious largely thanks to third-party titles.

Truth.

Yeah, I thought the 3DS would fail since the Vita was so vastly superior, but I had a feeling that things like Pokemon (which turned out to play a minimal role) would push the 3DS into a better position since I didn't realize the PSP was popular. Had I realized the PSP was actually a big deal in its time, I would have said that the Vita would have won outright. Of course, we all know that that the 3DS proved victorious largely thanks to third-party titles.

Also, Sony think "hardware sell software" meanwhile Nintendo think "software sell hardware".

Reactions: Kaynil
Back