3DS versus other hand helds?

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
Also, Sony think "hardware sell software" meanwhile Nintendo think "software sell hardware".
That's a pretty good way of putting Sony and Nintendo.

Also, Sony think "hardware sell software" meanwhile Nintendo think "software sell hardware".

I couldn't put it better.
The reason the 3DS is much better in terms of sale than the Vita was the games. I wonder how the release of Pokemon X/Y will affect the sale of the 3DS.

I couldn't put it better.
The reason the 3DS is much better in terms of sale than the Vita was the games. I wonder how the release of Pokemon X/Y will affect the sale of the 3DS.
Yeah, a main series Pokemon title always drives the sales of a Nintendo handheld up. It's essentially the sole reason that many of the less hardcore gamers will even buy a handheld.

Yeah, a main series Pokemon title always drives the sales of a Nintendo handheld up. It's essentially the sole reason that many of the less hardcore gamers will even buy a handheld.

But this time, the 3DS has a lot of hardcore games... a lot.

But this time, the 3DS has a lot of hardcore games... a lot.
This is true. Pokemon is a big draw for any Nintendo handheld, though.

This is true. Pokemon is a big draw for any Nintendo handheld, though.

Also, Pokemon will be a big draw for Nintendo 2DS :p

The 3DS doesn't only offer a better gaming library, it also offers better gameplay elements compared to the Vita.

That's more of an opinion than a fact. That I why I said "I think".

Yup thats it, the PS Vita gaming library is not as good as the 3ds. Nintendo always try their best to put out good games thats the reason why I bought the 3ds because of the games it offer, Pokemon X/Y,Super Smash Bros. 4.

What made you get a 3DS?

First of all, the Nintendo 3Ds was the only hand-held console that had any games that I wanted. I couldn't really find any games to play on the PSP or the Vita.

Second of all, it's in 3D! How come Sony didn't think of that when they were making their hand-helds?

Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying your 3DS as much as I am. I'm loving it!

The Nintendo 3DS is the best portable gaming system I have ever played and used. The 3D Graphics just seem like a gimmick but I love the games made for it!

Well, basically the 3ds is the only handheld out there. The poor launch line-up caused people to think it was a failure and that the Vita was going to dominate it, but the 3ds came back strong and is doing really well in sales. The Vita turned out to be a failure. The Vita was released only a little later in 2011 than 3ds and has a lot less total sales. 3ds has 37 million, Vita only has 6 million.

Hopefully we'll see this type of "3ds rebound" with the Wii U.

I bought it because of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Probably the best decision I've ever made, seeing as it completely changed my every day life.

I bought it because of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Probably the best decision I've ever made, seeing as it completely changed my every day life.
Same. Not the OoT part though.

I don't know why I bought it. Probably those emails Nintendo sent me everyday telling me to buy it. XD

Reactions: BjFauble
Nintendo always dominates the handheld market. Sony is the only other company that's close to competing with it, but Nintendo sales tend to be a lot greater than Sony sales when it comes to handhelds

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I bought the 3DS because I just wanted something new and to be able to play the new games made for the 3DS xD so far best console wonder if the PS Vita's a good choice.

Back