Advice for Splatoon 2 ( Teach me your ways Part: 2 )

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Yo, what's happenin', Inklings and Octolings!? P2.0 here comin' atcha with another topic-thingy!

So today, I've been thinking about the reason I had chosen to get the Switch. And that reason? Splatoon 2, of course! ( A-and Smash Ultimate, but let's get back to the first reason. :'D )
So yeah, I never really made it to S+ on the first installment, but hey, I'm goad to have been part of any of my comrades' teams! Just inking it up is fun!

But now, this second installment of the series has a whole new look, and more weapons to master. D: And yeah, I'm a BIT intimidated...

But that doesn't mean I'm turning in my Splattershot! :eyes2: I'm still willing to give this a try, but I'm not sure exactly where to begin. It's not like I preordered it like last time, so everyone has got a huge head-start. ;~;

Aaaand that's where you guys come in. :3 I need all the experts of Splatoon 2 to school this fresh Inkling boi in the ways, y'know? What do I need to know when starting out on this new journey?

Also ( And this should be super obvious ), don't, I repeat, DON'T tell me anything about the single player story. I've been dodging those spoilers like a Sheikah. :cry: If you do, I'll... :eyes2:

*AHEM*! Anyway, just stick to the multiplayer stuff like Turf Wars, Rank Battles, Salmon Run, new weapons and abilities, etc. ^-^

Reactions: Mikaya
Dualies are hard to use. Most players will dodge twice if you aim at them and after dodging twice you get stuck for a good amount of time. Adust your aim quickly to defeat dualies. Also, dont dodge left and then right because you will probably dodge right back into the stream of ink they just fired

Reactions: Mikaya and P2.0
1. Try out all of the weapons and see which you like the most. You can test 'em out before buying.
2. Try to get pure gear that work with your play style - https://nintenpedia.com/how-to-get-pure-gear-fast-splatoon-2/

For Salmon Run (which is totally different to player vs player matches), you can read this before trying the in-game tutorial to get decent at it - https://nintenpedia.com/how-to-get-better-at-salmon-run-in-splatoon-2/

What weapon(s) did you use in the original Splatoon?

You can try them out when you unlock them to see if they're still your style~

Reactions: P2.0 and Mikaya
1. Try out all of the weapons and see which you like the most. You can test 'em out before buying.
2. Try to get pure gear that work with your play style - https://nintenpedia.com/how-to-get-pure-gear-fast-splatoon-2/

For Salmon Run (which is totally different to player vs player matches), you can read this before trying the in-game tutorial to get decent at it - https://nintenpedia.com/how-to-get-better-at-salmon-run-in-splatoon-2/

What weapon(s) did you use in the original Splatoon?

You can try them out when you unlock them to see if they're still your style~
Sheesh, so may new things to learn! D: And now this 'pure gear', is a thing?? :eek: ...This might take a while to get used to, but I'm sure once I get into it, it'll be somewhat easy, lol. \o/

Also, can I just say? Salmon Run looks brutal. :nailbiting: I sure hope I can still use a Custom Ranged Blaster like I used to. :p

Sheesh, so may new things to learn! D: And now this 'pure gear', is a thing?? :eek: ...This might take a while to get used to, but I'm sure once I get into it, it'll be somewhat easy, lol. \o/

Also, can I just say? Salmon Run looks brutal. :nailbiting: I sure hope I can still use a Custom Ranged Blaster like I used to. :p
Pure gear was a thing in the original splatoon, it was just much harder to pull off as there was very few ways to influence what abilities you get.

Ranged blasters are still very popular in the pro scene of splat2.

Salmon run gives you random weapons. Good luck!

Reactions: P2.0
Pure gear was a thing in the original splatoon, it was just much harder to pull off as there was very few ways to influence what abilities you get.

Ranged blasters are still very popular in the pro scene of splat2.

Salmon run gives you random weapons. Good luck!
Come to think of it, I guess you're right, cuz I did see some people with three, or sometimes four of the same stat boosts on a piece of gear. So if I'm getting it right, those snacks and drinks make it easier to obtain? If so, cool! \o/

And I'm semi glad/nervous that blasters are still highly used. Might be a bit difficult to land hit with so many pros out there. :'D

Wait, you can't choose your own weapons in Salmon Run?? :eek: ...This might be a problem. :'D

I think if you play locally you can pick your weapon, but online is on a random rotation

Reactions: Mikaya and P2.0
These might sound dumb but I guess they can work in modes like rainmaker and tower control when everyone is trying to break the barrier or get on the tower, you can flank around the side and splat some of them to help your team out a little bit

Reactions: Mikaya
Back