Amiibo Festival

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
So it came out today, and no one is talking about it.

I guess no one actually got it? I know it didn't have much hype from E3 but i thought it would be a little bit more popular haha!

So if any of you got it, show yourself and tell us what do you think!

i was gonna get it, but i don't like that you can't get a digital version and watching gameplay it actually looks pretty boring... i just wanted something kinda like mario party since the actual one didn't interest me...

Yeah from what I've seen, they stripped the mini games from the board game and put them in a side mode, sort of... which is a shame because it's the most interesting part of Mario Party.

this does give me the thought of spending that money on yokai watch instead cuz it's kinda nice just playing as a normal kid that isn't responsible for the fate of the world, but just wants to help out people. same kinda thing with attack of the friday monsters (which was really fun) but it's really off-putting for me for some of the names to be so lame like snotsolong and hungramps. =/

What are we talking about? Mario Party? Yokai-Watch? Animal Crossing? Like what's going on?

I got this game for the Isabelle Amiibo. What can I say except that she's my favorite AC character? I even got two Nendoroids of her, as well as a giant plush of her!

It seems what matter most for me are the Amiibos themselves. Already, I seen those two alpacas, K.K., and Mabel. Now if they are producing Luna, Lotta, and Labelle, I'll get them! Still, this game do accept Amiibo cards. If only this game is fun . . . really, it's like me buying a Sonic game because it has Cream. Characters don't make it a fun game, though it does attract . . .

So far I'm not really enjoying it I'd say...

It's REALLY limited. And the Board Game part is just... roll dices and press A. Wait your turn. Roll dices and press A. Wait your turn.

There is no mini games like in Mario Party, it's quite... boring?

well someone had to confirm how bad it was right?

Well, the Survival mini-game is fun, but it's long before you can unlock it. The amiibo cards, well, from what I've seen, you have 3 with the game and you don't really need more of them.

I thought that someone with a lot of amiibo cards would unlock more games or something, but not really. There is like 8 mini games, and you unlock them by gathering Happy Points from the board game or other mini games.

The only real thing you can do if you have more amiibo cards is customize your boards by building the house of the villagers you have? Not worth it IMO.

So it came out today, and no one is talking about it.

I guess no one actually got it? I know it didn't have much hype from E3 but i thought it would be a little bit more popular haha!

So if any of you got it, show yourself and tell us what do you think!
I think the reason people didn't get it is that you have to get amiibo and the game has no player interaction what so ever

I'm not really a fan of the new game animal crossing amiibo festival because it not really a game. You just practically do nothing 90% of the time. It's practically an Animal crossing version of Mario party but for younger kids. Since Nintendo tries to target kids at a young age to play videogames they probably decided to use amiibo because young kids love to play bord games and play with toys. So probably that is why the new game is like that but though that it's kind of a disappointment for animal crossing fans for their franchise to be just for very young kids by the age of 4 years old.

Did you guys actually play it and unlock the mini games? They are a bit more fun than the board game ^^

I dont really like this game is really borng the only parts kinda good are the ones that you unlock with animal crossing happy home designer amiibo cards lol those minigames are really cool but the main board game sucks.... as an animal crossing fan since the GC this game totally dissapoints me it has good graphics like nintendo had material to do Animal crossing wii u this game looks wonderful for being in wii u lol.

everyone's complaining about how little you do in amiibo festival. but how much do you really do in normal animal crossing games?

I've seen the gameplay. I think it looks fun if you just want to sit down and tap your AC amiibo repeatedly. The only reason I would want to get it is for the Isabelle amiibo. I feel like this game was made just for toddlers since it requires no real interaction from the player. At least a mobile game like Candy Crush made you interact. with it.

everyone's complaining about how little you do in amiibo festival. but how much do you really do in normal animal crossing games?

Decorate
Grow flowers
Build friendships for items
Fish
Mini games on the island
Bug collecting
Fossil searches
Unlocking new content for shops
Visit your friends
Collecting moods

Should I go on? :p

my point is that even with all of that, animal crossing is meant to be a casual game. most people play it just to relax or when they have nothing better to do.

Yeah but really, it's really not the same at all.

The main game in Amiibo Festival is really boring, for real, and it doesn't take me much to be entertained usually.

The only thing remotely fun in the board game is the turnip market. Everything else is just random. You don't really play, you just press A and read text, press A and read, press A and read, press A and read...

The only real fun part is the mini games, which you have to unlock by playing the board game first. I don't touch the board game anymore, I just play the mini game =/

Yeah but really, it's really not the same at all.

The main game in Amiibo Festival is really boring, for real, and it doesn't take me much to be entertained usually.

The only thing remotely fun in the board game is the turnip market. Everything else is just random. You don't really play, you just press A and read text, press A and read, press A and read, press A and read...

The only real fun part is the mini games, which you have to unlock by playing the board game first. I don't touch the board game anymore, I just play the mini game =/

So..about a month has passed since the release, and this game has pretty much been forgotten by the masses, except the few that actually enjoyed the game. My question to you is: would you actually recommend this game, solely for the mini-games? Or would you say that I should just pass it up entirely? Because I've read what you had to say about it, and it seems that the main game is horrible, but you still play it every now and then to play the mini-games. So is it worth it just for those?

Honnestly, it's really expensive for the mini-games. No, they aren't worth the price tag, really not. I still play it because... well I own it and I enjoy the games, but really not enough to recommend it. If the game was $20, I'd say yeah sure go for it, but until then... maybe borrow it? Rent it?

Overall, that game is a disappointment for me. But I always play alone, maybe with friends it's actually fun? In Mario Party I was able to have fun by myself in the board game and mini games too. This one, not really.

The game is pretty though, it gives a good impression of what an AC game on Wii U could look like.

Back