• Thread starter Kaidan
  • Start date

AC on Smartphones?!

• EW.

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • YES.

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
As long as Isabelle is there, I don't mind. In fact, she should get her own game . . . but I also said that about Cream. I guess it will never happen, because I said it.

Ok, BlazingPhoenix has gone too long without flipping a table, so here i go (attempts to flip coffee table, fails, sobs). If you ask me, animal crossing is turning into the ultimate gimmick series, i mean first happy home designer and now this?! Remeber when animal crossing was just a cute thing you did when you had like 3 hours to waste on your gamecube, and now it seems like the people are trying to make merchandise and other stuff like there is no tommorow. I want things to be like the good old days, where everything was cheaper, DLC was not a gimmick, and there was no such thing as a paywall. Disapointed.

You can said the same thing about all of the other series Nintendo made, BlazingPhoenix. If the series attract, why not turn it into a franchise? Beside, without AC being a franchise, how can I snuggle with my jumbo-size Isabelle plush?

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
I mean it's nice to be a franchise and games are gonna progress. And when you say "I want thing to be like the good old days where DLC wasn't a gimmick". Alright let me just take away all the smash DLC, all the Mario kart DLC, in fact let's take away all updates to every game ever since those are considered DLC. So there you go, bland unentertaining games :p

It really wouldn't be too surprising if Nintendo actually took this route. We've already had Pokemon GO and another nintendo related app is in development. But if this does happen I expect it would have alot of in game purchases and only the younger audience will find it to be the least bit entertaining. I don't have a smart phone because I find them far too overpriced and the games are just the worst. Man Nintendo have dropped to a whole new low if this does happen

I mean it's nice to be a franchise and games are gonna progress. And when you say "I want thing to be like the good old days where DLC wasn't a gimmick". Alright let me just take away all the smash DLC, all the Mario kart DLC, in fact let's take away all updates to every game ever since those are considered DLC. So there you go, bland unentertaining games :p
Okay mario kart 8 and SSB4 are extremly entertaining even without DLC, as all 3 of my mains are non-DLC characters (link, sheik, pit) and as @Edward Elric has already said, smart phones are way too overpriced and all of the games are eithers stupid or overpriced. Do you really expect something great? I mean i don't even know if animal crossing new leaf is playable on an ipad, and certainly not an iphone, and if it is it will be nowhere near as good as the rest of the series, or they will sell it for free and make it like pokemon rumble world or something where you buy stuff every three seconds. But enough debating, if metacritic gives the game a minimum score of 79.9%, then i owe you 10 PC, i promise.

Animal Crossing would work on a smartphone for sure.

All the middle-aged mum smartphone "gamers" would spend money on it, and Nintendo would make money while it doesn't affect us at all.

I wouldn't mind it.

I'm curious on how this will turn out and how it will advance. I haven't been hearing much new about it but it sounds really cool, I'm gonna have to try to keep up with this though!

I donno that a smartphone animal crossing would be that good to be honest with you. There would be so much missing from it that is would be like a shell of it's former self. It kinda feel just cheep and not very much fun at all . Who knows tho it may work , it may not.

This could either go really great, or really bad. It mostly depends on what kinds of controls there are. Animal Crossing is mainly controlled by button pressing. Replacing all those buttons to give a great user satisfaction would be a challenge.

If the controls are OK, i'm actally excited :D

Looking back on this now and reading all the posts about how Nintendo would "never do this" surprises me quite a bit. I think that this was clearly the next logical step for Nintendo to take, especially regarding Nintendo's "Blue Ocean" theory. (If you haven't looked into it, do, as it explains their business strategy quite well).

Back