Anime or manga

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I'm reading the Soul Eater manga again after reading the much more exciting saga last year and I noticed both times it's much better than anime in story as it shows more of what happened and answer every question from only watching the anime.I was kinda angry at anime for killing some of their original stories,I still like to watch it but I love to know the original writing/events that happened as opposed to the edited version.Which one do you like more? The original Magna Stories or Anime which may have edited it if they couldn't put everything on TV or online?

My vote is Manga. I enjoy Anime too, but the Manga is always better for some reason. I think it's because it adds a sequel to it or something, so one doesn't have to cry when realizing it's the end or rage when the ending was horrible and not what they wanted*COUGH*ShugoChara*COUGH* lol. But l always liked the Manga more than Anime.

Reactions: Kakea
Although I enjoy reading, I prefer anime to manga because it appeals to me more as a visual medium as it can offer things such as cinematography, lighting, sound, editing, etc which can enhance an experience of a story.

Although I enjoy reading, I prefer anime to manga because it appeals to me more as a visual medium as it can offer things such as cinematography, lighting, sound, editing, etc which can enhance an experience of a story.
I enjoy seeing anime too, it's just if the story is changed from the magna I would never know what the creator /writer for the series wanted to show everyone @Mira said EXACTLY how I felt after I read magna for Soul Eater and some of Fuli Cali it was much more different than the little they shown in the anime versions of them.

I feel like it depends on how the source material is adapted. There are some mangas that have anime adaptions that are pretty bad and others that have top notch quality. I usually enjoy reading the manga more unless something in the anime somehow makes is much better or adds a certain feeling I couldnt get while reading.

Overall, it depends on the production and line up of staff but I find myself more inclined to like the manga

Me too,I haven't seen any anime that's better than the magna.(There are few who makes it better by animating it) but so far nothing seems better than it's original magna counter story.

It depends. Reading mangas means you go faster. You can usually read a 20 minute episode worth of chapters in around 8-10 minutes.
But anime is more, well, appealing to the eye. More colors, better battles and stuff.
Also consider that anime have those stupid filler episodes, but you can skip those.
Moreover, the mangas are usually way ahead in the story.
I prefer manga, but not because of the time saving. I am not sure as to why, i just enjoy reading more.

I prefer magna for the story too! I hate fillers especially ones where at a really exciting or tense moment,a completely random episode pops out of nowhere(Bleach in Fake Korokura town and One piece in the enies lobby arc...)I hated those SO much!!!!

Reactions: Tyle
Depends on the story (or series, what is it called?). For Kuroko no Basket, I love the manga more since I can see all of the movements, unlike anime which goes a little too quick. For Yowamushi Pedal, I prefer anime since it conveys the feelings better and the graphic is wayy better (the same applies to Sword Art Online too).

I used to be more of a manga person, though after I moved to the UK, I couldn't buy manga anymore so I turned to anime.
I still read/watch both.

For Kuroko no Basket, I love the manga more since I can see all of the movements, unlike anime which goes a little too quick.

Funny thing is that I thought the opposite. I thought for Kuroko no Basket, the animation was amazing and it was super cool to see. Albeit, you have a completely valid point. Although I enjoyed the animation very much, I had to pause and replay some scenes many times to actually see everything.

I never had that exact problem, but I know what you mean: sometimes a character would shout something or speak REALLY quite so we had turn on the close captions to see what they were saying, when I read the magna I finally knew exactly what happened and what they were saying!

I prefer manga. You get a fuller experience, and there's no filler, just the story.

Me too! I HATE fillers(I know said that before in the thread!) I thought manga had fillers too, but I realized every chapter that was not directly part of the plot introduced important characters for the plot,I reread Soul Eater and now reading Dragon Ball Z.The anime had ALOT of filler from wats I read so far,some didn't need to be there some made it more exciting!!! (little things as writing being edited and what characters do)

Anime. I liked it act out and with music than having to read it. Especially when most manga I find is black and white

Anime. Simply because I don't really like "books with pictures"? I have the same issue with comic books, I just can't get into it.

Anime. I liked it act out and with music than having to read it. Especially when most manga I find is black and white
Dragon Ball Z and One Piece have Almost completely and fully colored versions of their manga's respectively

Anime. Simply because I don't really like "books with pictures"? I have the same issue with comic books, I just can't get into it.
But Story is better in the manga, if they showed everything in the anime.I would like it more because it IS in color and you get to see everything moving! (They also HAVE TO KILL filler episodes, they make me tired of watching...)

Anime all the way ^-^

The thing is...I wish I could enjoy manga, but I can't...Cause I get confused about what's going on >.< Anime is so easier and colors are important >.>

I've read some manga here and there in the past, but I just like anime a lot more (though every single detail isn't present in the anime as it is in the manga, which sometimes leaves a few potholes for anime-only people). The one thing I do like manga over anime is that manga leaves some room for the imagination (how you portray characters to sound in your mind, what a character is feeling at a certain moment in time if not mentioned in the manga, ect.)

Anime DOES have colors effects and movement, and might be easier to understand what's happening(in some) but they're missing the whole story, and from what I saw reading Dragon Ball Z:change EVERYTHING to the point all the cool lines you liked before weren't even in the manga....BECAUSE THEY WERE ORIGINALLY PERFECT! The only thing I truly like about anime is color, effects and translation of some of the lines so it can be more understandable to read, if they still show the original thought the character expressed.

Hello animes and mangas are very good. With animes we can see a good fight in naruto or others but in mangas you just see pictures. In mangas, the story is direct but in animes they tell everything about charachters. The only manga I read was Naruto Gaiden and it was good but if I could choose i would take animes.

Back