Any hidden gems you have for the ds/3ds/New3ds

• Thread starter V_Weeb
  • Start date
DS:
Picross DS -> Tried it at a friend's house, and actually, even if it look like your average boring puzzle game, it's fun, and addictive. Bonus points for being able to make your own Picross. Shame online went down though, you could get extra levels through it (maybe AltWfc servers can "fix" the problem though).

999 -> Don't ask why, it was already covered in this thread.

Bomberman Land Touch 2 -> Well, though I played it more for the multiplayer. One year ago, we (my friends and I) used to have 6-players games on that game, and, we'd always burst into laughter due to how stupidly one could fail or how lucky one got. The single-player mode is still quite fun, and feels a bit like Mario Party, just with, as you'd expect, a Bomberman skin, and more exploration (you don't move on a board, instead you just travel some places, and play mini-games by speaking to NPCs).

3DS:
Picross 3D 2 -> Thanks importing, though I can't play it anymore thanks to latest update blocking the Region-Free Launcher. It's a bit harder than the original Picross 3D on the DS, but honestly, it's quite good. I was even working on an English patch for it before losing access to the game.

Puzzle & Dragons Z -> Actually played it because I liked the mobile version at the time, and honestly, it's pretty good, despite some weird mechanic changes compared to the Android/iOS game. Plus, it's actually more "complete" than the Mario Bros. edition in terms of how many monsters you can have.

Nintendo DS: any of the Golden Sun games. If you love RPGs I highly recommend it.

Nintendo 3DS: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. For those who love puzzle games and a pretty good story.

DS: 999. I super love the storyline because yeah i love mental games.

3DS: Rhythm Thief. Got it as a bargain in a toy store -- the store didn't know it was a rare one (can't buy a physical copy anymore) and they included it in a $10 sale. Humble bundle that included rhythm thief is a bang for the buck. Really good storyline. Comptitive rhythm battles. 9.5/10! Hoping for a sequel!

DS :
  • The World Ends With You
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
3DS :
  • Virtue's last reward and zero time dilemma (I'm gonna play them soon)

Disclaimer : 999 and virtue's last reward are [pegi 16] and zero time dilemma [pegi 18] so they're not games to put in everyone hands 'cause it has quite a shocking content for a young audience !

Xenoblade chroinicles for new nintendo 3ds and earthbound are some of the best games i ever played

Xenoblade chroinicles for new nintendo 3ds and earthbound are some of the best games i ever played
They're gems for sure but they're well known in the gaming world

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for the DS.

It had some of the best visuals and music for the console, insane amounts of customization for characters and a really expansive and well detailed (both visually and plot-wise) world.

Only problem is it's lack of difficulty ;-;

I'm not sure if it counts as a 'Hidden Gem' but Sims 3 for DS was actually way more fun than it appeared and way more addictive than it really should have been.
Another one that may or may not be considered a 'Gem' was Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, which too was a lot more fun than I expected, (I mean, Sonic the Hedgehog in an RPG...what).

Well Im not sure if those count but Luminous Arc 1 and 2 plus Solatorobo Red The Hunter for the DS and for the 3DS i guess Rune Factory 4 Im pretty sure It's a well known franchise but here where I live somehow managed to find a physical copy and believe me here it's rare to find these kind of games.

I've seen it mentioned a few times before, but I'll say it again. I really love The Legendary Starfy for the DS. I think it's a lot of fun and just adorable. It's an incredibly easy game, easier than Kirby, but I don't have any issues with that. I think it's fun to explore the levels and unlock things so having the easier levels helps that.

I find it to be a really uplifting game to play, in the same way Kirby is. It's a bright, colourful, happy, and silly game, which I love. I wish more of the games had been brought over, as apparently the one we got is the weakest in the series!

Another great thing is I often see this game selling for pretty cheap. :p

Back