any one got a free copy of Windows 10?

• Thread starter wyll001
  • Start date
wyll001

wyll001

Dragon of the Blue Moon
Towns Folk
so my PC was broken for a few months, yesterday when i stop being lazy and fixed, i ran the anti-virus and performance booster while it update, today when i turned on, i got a free copy reservation, but since this PC is a Built-in type, i have no idea of what to do with that:p:D, so what you make of the new Windows 10?

Should have been called windows 9.... it's like they just skipped over 9 like it was nothing! Poor little upside down 6... no one cares for you....

But all joking aside, it seems pretty cool. I mean Cortana on your laptop/desktop? Annotation on the web browser? Pretty cool stuff. If i'm getting a free upgrade to it I'd take it. Besides technology is always advancing, you'd just get a head start before everyone else later who will have to switch.

here's a link with more information:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/features

Should have been called windows 9.... it's like they just skipped over 9 like it was nothing! Poor little upside down 6... no one cares for you....

just to clarify for people that didn't got yet, new Microsoft's CEO have a complex with number 1, like Windows 8.1, Xbox ONE, OneDrive, the same way the the last CEO had for "X" such as: Windows XP, DirectXbox Etc... Etc.. and so on.

just to clarify for people that didn't got yet, new Microsoft's CEO have a complex with number 1, like Windows 8.1, Xbox ONE, OneDrive, the same way the the last CEO had for "X" such as: Windows XP, DirectXbox Etc... Etc.. and so on.
Yeah but why not make it 9.1 then? He could have waited another year or two to make windows 10.

When I first heard of Windows 10 we joked that they skipped 9 because every alternative version of Windows is good:
XP was good, Vista was bad, 7 was good, 8 was bad, but since they don't know how to make good operating systems anymore they skipped 9 which would have been great and went right to 10.
I thought it was funny.

Apparently they skipped 9 because it kept getting tied up internally with Win95 and 98. They just jumped right to 10 for convenience.

I'll be sticking with 7 for as long as possible, and then once it's not feasible I'll probably jump ship to Linux. I don't trust 10. They're pushing it really hard, to the point of a free upgrade offer appearing directly on your taskbar in the latest update. Strikes me as suspicious. What I hear is a built-in keylogger is also something I'm not too thrilled about.

Reactions: Bandana Boy and Marc
Well, I got one so I will shortly be getting the copy of windows 10 in 6 days. Lucky me! I do know windows 10 is crazy with privacy as microsoft said this on the policy for windows 10: When you acquire, install and use the Program software and services, Microsoft collects information about your use of the software and services as well as about the devices and networks on which they operate. Examples of data we may collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; location, etc. Oh boy, microsoft is at it

Also including keystrokes web history and voice

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't really gotten any notification of reservation but I'll definitely get it because it's features are compelling :p Though I'll certainly miss Windows 7 xD

Got Windows 10 for free yesterday. Pretty cool so far. Streaming Xbox One games on Windows 10 is the best feature ever.

I'm eligible for the upgrade, but I'm not a huge fan of the newer versions of Windows, so I'm just going to keep my Windows 7 for now.

I'd reccomend windows 10 @Felly

I'd reccomend windows 10 @Felly

Recommendation noted, but I'm still not a huge fan of the newer Windows versions. Windows 8 just looks gross with the tile layout. (Why? Just why?) It works fine on tablets or Windows phones, but I'm not a huge fan of it on PCs. Windows 10 gets rid of that, but it still exists on the start menu. :c It's also probably really buggy too since it's new, and no one's really discovered these issues yet, and yeah. I also just don't feel like going through the long drawn out process of upgrading. .-. /lazy

It's not that bad, but it's ok to stick with 7 for now :D and its not buggy

You're aware that many softwares do this, right?
True, but that never makes it okay and it's not even the only problem with Win10.

Recommendation noted, but I'm still not a huge fan of the newer Windows versions. Windows 8 just looks gross with the tile layout. (Why? Just why?) It works fine on tablets or Windows phones, but I'm not a huge fan of it on PCs. Windows 10 gets rid of that, but it still exists on the start menu. :c It's also probably really buggy too since it's new, and no one's really discovered these issues yet, and yeah. I also just don't feel like going through the long drawn out process of upgrading. .-. /lazy
I think the issue is the obsession with the mobile market. As a result, our PCs end up looking and feeling like mobiles too, which just looks awful for long-time non-casual computer users.

Windows 7 is the last good Windows OS. Even disregarding the privacy issues and NSA backdoors for a minute, the built-in app store, forced ads, overall aesthetic, and actually faulty virus scanning are more than enough for me to call Windows 10 bad. I'll be sticking with 7 until it's no longer feasible to do so and then jumping ship to Linux, I imagine.

Also, as an aside, why would anyone trust something free (from such a major corporation, anyway)? If you're not paying with cash, what are you paying with?
(In the case of Win10, you're paying with your information.)

@Sephiran you can choose your preferences at the beginning of the setup and refuse to send information to Microsoft. What are we paying them with? Our time on the OS, to test it. They see way more issues this way and can fix them.

So far so good on my side, but my graphic card doesn't like Win10. I updated the drivers but still, I have some issues in my game, so I,ll cross my fingers they will release new drivers soon.

I'm not getting Windows 10 until some things have been fixed AND I'm not getting it until most of the software I use is compatible.

Yup! Got it for both my windows 7 and 8 computer, I believe its forever which is awesome. I like windows 10 so far, it mixed together windows 8 and 7 to create something simple yet complex. Its very easy to use. You can not get windows 10 now because its too late to get it now.

why is it not called windows 9?
BECAUSE 7,8,9 OOOOOHHHH

I got my Windows 10 operating system the day I purchased my laptop. It came with 8.1, which wasn't very navigable for me because, although my laptop is nice, it lacks a touch-screen.

Windows 10 isn't called windows 9 just because. I dunno, but they've skipped numbers a lot. I read an article about the windows naming the versions of windows but I pretty much forgot all the main points that were addressed. xD

I didn't even realize you couldn't download Windows 10 anymore. That's a shame. =L

Back