Anyone have a working SNES?

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
Is it just me, or does somebody else have a working SNES? I mean seriously, what are the chances of like at the most 50 people, that one person will have a working SNES. If you do, what games do you have? Any peripherals that I should know about? Please tell me about your experiences with it. Just wondering, if you don't have one, have you ever played on one? (I mean original) If so, what did you play, how did you like it, and the such. No, I'm not collecting for a survey, I just don't want people saying just yes then just moving on to the next post. Anything fun, wacky or weird, I would love to know.

We had a couple of SNES' people brought with them for their speedruns last weekend. They're more common then you'd think. even though one was haunted and I hate it's guts but let's move on...

I don't have one myself, I wish I did though. But yeah, many speedrunners use actual SNES' cause it's better. They're pretty fun tbh. I wanna get one myself at some point, but they're just at that point in time where they're kinda expensive.

Reactions: Jisenku
We had a couple of SNES' people brought with them for their speedruns last weekend. They're more common then you'd think. even though one was haunted and I hate it's guts but let's move on...

I don't have one myself, I wish I did though. But yeah, many speedrunners use actual SNES' cause it's better. They're pretty fun tbh. I wanna get one myself at some point, but they're just at that point in time where they're kinda expensive.
bloop
https://www.lukiegames.com/Original-Super-Nintendo-System-in-Great-Condition-SNES-Console.html

Pretty sure I've got a working one somewhere in the attic along with some other old game consoles, but god knows what games I have.

Got mine working in my room. Still play games on it occasionally. Good controller. I got mainly mario games, including Mario all-stars collection, Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Tetris + Dr. Mario, and Super mario kart. Also have some star wars games my dad played, I'd have to check.

Only an SNES Mini, unfortunately. I’d love to own an original NES or SNES someday, but they’re just hard to come by nowadays. And if you do find one, it’s definitely going to cost more than a pretty penny to buy it, if you know what I mean. Maybe someday, but not on my gaming priority list yet :eyes:

Nope. I own SNES ports of games but that's it. No SNES for me. ;-; Ah well there are better consoles out there with games I'm actually interested in.

Ah well there are better consoles out there with games I'm actually interested in.
True, but I like it for the nostalgia

I still have my working SNES & a working Super Famicom. They both work great. I still have my NES from 1986 still working.

I still have my working SNES & a working Super Famicom. They both work great. I still have my NES from 1986 still working.
OK, that's pretty cool, I have to admit, got any games for it, maybe Japan only releases?

Reactions: GameTech
My SNES works great, and all my games work except MK II. I've got some Mario titles, more MK, Star Fox, Prince of Persia, SF, and a lot of other games, but no special accessories. I think there's still a lot of places in my city where you can find them for under $80 American, but that said, mine is an original and has been in use since the release date.

OK, that's pretty cool, I have to admit, got any games for it, maybe Japan only releases?

Here is a complete list of my Super Famicom games. It's not much. But I'm trying to get more.

Nintendo Super Famicom:
Bing Bing! Bingo
Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Enji
Excite Stage
Final Fantasy VI
Hat Trick Hero
JIKKYO POWERFUL PRO YAKYU '94~同実況パワフルプロ野球'94
Larry Nixon's Super Bass Fishing
Majo Tachi no Nemuri
Major Title
New 3D Golf Simulation
Power League 2
Power League 3
Prime Goal
Prime Gaol 3
Romancing SaGa
Seiken Densetsu 2
Shutokou Battle '94: Keichii Tsuchiya Drift King
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Super Dunkshot
Winning Post

{{20 Super Famicom Games}}

Here is a complete list of my Super Famicom games. It's not much. But I'm trying to get more.

Nintendo Super Famicom:
Bing Bing! Bingo
Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Enji
Excite Stage
Final Fantasy VI
Hat Trick Hero
JIKKYO POWERFUL PRO YAKYU '94~同実況パワフルプロ野球'94
Larry Nixon's Super Bass Fishing
Majo Tachi no Nemuri
Major Title
New 3D Golf Simulation
Power League 2
Power League 3
Prime Goal
Prime Gaol 3
Romancing SaGa
Seiken Densetsu 2
Shutokou Battle '94: Keichii Tsuchiya Drift King
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Super Dunkshot
Winning Post

{{20 Super Famicom Games}}
Dang! That's a lot!

A LOT

Reactions: GameTech
Right here!

My brothers and I got some money from various different people for Christmas one year. We started pulling our money together in order to purchase a SNES and Ta-Da! We have a SNES. I have it at my house at the present moment. My brothers and I have decided to keep it for the moment but if it doesn't get sold, then the money should be split between the three of us since we all had a hand in getting it.

kinda like a remix between nes and snes, but i guess

I have one in my closet. I assume it works?
At this point, I only have a few games for it. I know one is D&D: Eye of the Beholder. I predominantly rented games at the Blockbuster down the street from my house at the time. Just rented games over and over until I beat them.

I have one in my closet. I assume it works?
At this point, I only have a few games for it. I know one is D&D: Eye of the Beholder. I predominantly rented games at the Blockbuster down the street from my house at the time. Just rented games over and over until I beat them.
Maybe you should try it out, most TV's still have antennas (surprisingly)

Back