Anyone remember "that" game?

• Thread starter MindzEye
  • Start date
MindzEye

MindzEye

Pssst. I was gone for almost a year. XD
Towns Folk
I'm attempting to make a be-all-end-all favorite unknown game thread so we don't get too many duplicates. Let's try to get this stickied. '_'
Seems we all have a few "diamonds in the rough." (good games that didn't get as much attention as would've been expected.) A lot like rare cards or favorite pokemon, there's one in every player's possession.
Let's ask ourselves - then tell other people on this thread - what our favorite obscure video games are; Don't forget a good description as to why ya enjoy it, or an idea as to why it didn't get as much attention as it should've. I can't wait to here what strange games we have on here.

One game I always fall back on has to be "Fighter's Destiny" for N64. This kinda unusual tournament-type fighter was pretty revolutionary for a N64 game. It's a good way to settle a dispute in a hurry with its quick pace and Tekken-esque gameplay.

I am not sure how popular this game actually is, but it's called "Legend Of Starfy." It's a really easy game but when I was playing it I was much younger so it was really fun XD the characters are so lovable and there's fun minigames and stuff. I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much if I played it now due to the low difficulty but I have good memories of it b

Let's see, anyone remember Clay Fighters? I think it was a SNES game that was like Smash Brothers. They had a bizarre arrangement of characters from a Zombie dog that looked like Duck Hunt Dog, to a lady hand and even a evil snowman. :bear:

The game was weird I remember playing as the dog because it had a taunt where it would fart (which is why I hate playing as Wario) and it would laugh. :rolleyes:

Reactions: MindzEye
Elite Beat Agents. It's a DS game based off of the Japanese rhythm genre. Exactly like osu!, but a tad watered down in terms of difficulty (that doesn't mean it isn't extremely hard at times, however!). Probably my favorite rhythm game of all time. The cut scenes reminded me of a mix between superhero comics and manga. It was simply pure fun for me; timing every tap and every roll in unison with the beat of each song.

Reactions: Evelyn and MindzEye
I once played this fighting game called Bleach: Dark Souls and it was a really fun game :3
Though I wasn't really the type of person who was into any anime at those times I had a lot of fun playing together with friends at school. It was like a different Sm4sh game xD It had good content, set of playable characters, storyline and cool mechanics.

Best part was that download play didn't have any restricting things :D

Reactions: Blue Knight and MindzEye
I'm pretty sure, of all the games in this thread, probably the one I'm going to mention is the most known, but still rather obscure, is Harmo Knight (by Gamefreak)

Other much more obscure games I own could be "Bird & Beans" and "Aura-Aura Climber"

As a kid,and maybe until this day even,I wandered around a number of games that not many people know about,and I think are generaly decent and,conclusively,some obscure gems by their popularity.I'll give a short description for some that I consider obscure,not necessarily underrated.
One of them is a Wii game by the name of Super Swing Golf.I know that shovel-ware is one of the main reasons some people remember the Wii's library for,especially with sports and party games,but this is an exception.I like the environment,nature and structure of most the golf courses from here,and the music is pretty nice too.Gameplay is solid as well,being able to customize the playable characters and assists to improve on certain stats in the main campaign mode,as well as switching between various custom gear like clubs to see what fits best with your playset.It's challenging,but enjoyable. :)
Another one I have is a movie-licensed game for the Wii,G-Force.I haven't seen the movie for around two or three years now,so I don't know how I think of it now,but the game is still pretty good.Dare I say it,wandering around insides and outsides of buildings as a spy guinea-pig and a cover-fly is actually most of the fun in here,as this game uses this concept for its advantages and how you progress through objectives.There is some great combat and racing-shooter sections in here too,and generally speaking,it is one of the better games based on a movie that I've played. :thumbsup:

As a kid,and maybe until this day even,I wandered around a number of games that not many people know about,and I think are generaly decent and,conclusively,some obscure gems by their popularity.I'll give a short description for some that I consider obscure,not necessarily underrated.
One of them is a Wii game by the name of Super Swing Golf.I know that shovel-ware is one of the main reasons some people remember the Wii's library for,especially with sports and party games,but this is an exception.I like the environment,nature and structure of most the golf courses from here,and the music is pretty nice too.Gameplay is solid as well,being able to customize the playable characters and assists to improve on certain stats in the main campaign mode,as well as switching between various custom gear like clubs to see what fits best with your playset.It's challenging,but enjoyable. :)
Another one I have is a movie-licensed game for the Wii,G-Force.I haven't seen the movie for around two or three years now,so I don't know how I think of it now,but the game is still pretty good.Dare I say it,wandering around insides and outsides of buildings as a spy guinea-pig and a cover-fly is actually most of the fun in here,as this game uses this concept for its advantages and how you progress through objectives.There is some great combat and racing-shooter sections in here too,and generally speaking,it is one of the better games based on a movie that I've played. :thumbsup:

I think I've seen both of those, but only own one of them. I should get digging maybe.
Speaking of Wii games, ever played Deadly Creatures? It's a weirdly enjoyable hack-n-slash with scorpions and tarantulas as playable characters. It's got a pretty cool environment too: so dense, so small, so... alone... ^3-

I'm pretty sure, of all the games in this thread, probably the one I'm going to mention is the most known, but still rather obscure, is Harmo Knight (by Gamefreak)

Other much more obscure games I own could be "Bird & Beans" and "Aura-Aura Climber"
I was going to say harmoknight too. I have 100% completion in it and I still love the game. it just feels so replayable to me.

I was going to say harmoknight too. I have 100% completion in it and I still love the game. it just feels so replayable to me.

Hmm... Gamefreak yous says? I'd better do some digging. :singing:

Last edited:
One of my favorite obscure retro games is: Mischief Makers. Mischief Makers is a side scrolling platformerish game where you are a robot who has to shake things to collect coins and progress through the levels. I really like it because of its very jinglish(Japanese English Remember all our base are belong to us? This game has a lot of that). I also like this game because it is very hard to time your shaking to get to the next.. uh strange shaped unhappy faces that you grab onto there eyeball sockets... uh yea.
39977-Mischief_Makers_(USA)-1.jpg

Zoids Legacy was an amazing game for GBA, graphics were pretty good and the gameplay was killer. You could get zoids from all seasons and customize them. Also had all the main characters from all universes in it, was just the best. I found it weird that I never met anyone online or IRL thats ever heard of it before..

Attachments

• hqdefault (1).jpg
    hqdefault (1).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 8
  • hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 7
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn <3

So underrated due to it's low difficulty, but the music was insane, the visuals even more, the class system was really deep and the worlbuilding (especially with things like clothing and cuisine) was inmense.

I need a new game in the series ;-;

Reactions: Mystic Kittea, randysilverwolf and MindzEye
I need a new game in the series ;-;

I second this! The Golden Sun games for GBA are perhaps my all-time favourites and although the DS sequel was, like you said, super easy, I really enjoyed the story and the world it's played out in. It would be really stupid of Camelot to throw away a series with such potential and unique class system.

On the subject however, the most obscure titel I've owned is probably Monkey Puncher for GBC. That or an unknown GB platformer where you control a character wielding an umbrella. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please leave a link!

Reactions: Mystic Kittea
...On the subject however, the most obscure titel I've owned is probably Monkey Puncher for GBC. That or an unknown GB platformer where you control a character wielding an umbrella. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please leave a link!
Monkey Puncher?! Good god that sounds like so many wrongs!

Some of the Shantae and Golden Sun games didn't get that much attention. They were incredibly fun, though. Great music and visuals imo.

All the games from Cing on the DS. Hotel Dusk, Another Code, Last Window, and Again. It's too bad they went bankrupt. All of them have a detective feel. Solving people's problems and puzzles. The game had great music and graphics too. Hotel Dusk and Last Window are connected to each other. They both feature the same protagonist, Kyle Hyde. If you like mysteries, you'll love these games.

Chibi-Robo Park Patrol was also awesome. Managing a park as tiny robot. You plant seeds by the power of dance. Fighting smoglings and pollution. If you like managing stuff, nature, and quirky characters, you'll love this game.

I'm attempting to make a be-all-end-all favorite unknown game thread so we don't get too many duplicates. Let's try to get this stickied. '_'
Seems we all have a few "diamonds in the rough." (good games that didn't get as much attention as would've been expected.) A lot like rare cards or favorite pokemon, there's one in every player's possession.
Let's ask ourselves - then tell other people on this thread - what our favorite obscure video games are; Don't forget a good description as to why ya enjoy it, or an idea as to why it didn't get as much attention as it should've. I can't wait to here what strange games we have on here.

One game I always fall back on has to be "Fighter's Destiny" for N64. This kinda unusual tournament-type fighter was pretty revolutionary for a N64 game. It's a good way to settle a dispute in a hurry with its quick pace and Tekken-esque gameplay.
Well the diamond in the rough is Aladdin. I just had too say that. XD and the game I played was Kingsley's Adventure, and few more that people most likely not played much. I think that game is little bit you know. That's why I have not played it much thouth, but I still liked it, but most fav is Spyro the dragon, and always will be.

Well the diamond in the rough is Aladdin. I just had too say that. XD and the game I played was Kingsley's Adventure, and few more that people most likely not played much. I think that game is little bit you know. ...
It's what now? Me no know what you think me know.

It's what now? Me no know what you think me know.
sorry I say that alot. XD It's just little werid stuff like making sword out of fork and spone. Lot warid stuff.

Back