Anyone remember "that" game?

• Thread starter MindzEye
  • Start date
One of my favorite obscure retro games is: Mischief Makers. Mischief Makers is a side scrolling platformerish game where you are a robot who has to shake things to collect coins and progress through the levels. I really like it because of its very jinglish(Japanese English Remember all our base are belong to us? This game has a lot of that). I also like this game because it is very hard to time your shaking to get to the next.. uh strange shaped unhappy faces that you grab onto there eyeball sockets... uh yea.

[img snipped]

Holy moly, you just gave me all the nostalgia feels.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I have two, Hello Kitty's Magic Apron (cute cooking simulator with Vocaloid music, not really something people look for) and Sonic Gems Collection, which has the fun Sonic R and Sonic the Fighters. People probably avoid the game because of the ''curse'' on Sonic R.

I have two, Hello Kitty's Magic Apron (cute cooking simulator with Vocaloid music, not really something people look for) and Sonic Gems Collection, which has the fun Sonic R and Sonic the Fighters. People probably avoid the game because of the ''curse'' on Sonic R.
I have sonic racing for pc, and the tails doll is not too bad. :)

This game I've been playing called Okami somehow went under the radar. It even got a record for "least commercially successful winner for a game of the year award"

It's kinda like Zelda with how you travel in the land of Nippon, but turns into Devil may cry in the fight scenes. I pretty much love this game man.

My favourite obscure game is a shooter called Section 8

remember bakugan defenders of the core? I liked it because of the fighting, as I had always a bakugan fighting game (saame with pokken now)

This game I've been playing called Okami somehow went under the radar. It even got a record for "least commercially successful winner for a game of the year award"

It's kinda like Zelda with how you travel in the land of Nippon, but turns into Devil may cry in the fight scenes. I pretty much love this game man.
I really liked the artlike graphics in this one, but I never really got into the gameplay. I'll probably have to give it another shot now though ;)

Reactions: Ace
I have a few of these games, actually.

Danganronpa Series - This isn't quite so obscure now, mainly because of how much I gush about it on sb and the the anime series, but it's still a series that doesn't often get talked about. It's a vita exclusive series that's kinda like Phoenix Wright, except with more mini games thrown into the court sessions. It's an extremely well written murder mystery series that's dark, comedic, and action packed all at once.

Adventure Time: HIKWDSOG?! - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King, Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! is an amazing game based on the Adventure Time series (duh). It's a Zelda 2 clone, which already makes it unique from most other games. You explore Ooo, meet wacky characters from the show, and partake in an adventure of epic proportions; to get your garbage back after it's been stolen by the Ice King! It's packed full of references to the show, it doesn't take itself serious, the music is amazing, and while the game is short, I've replayed it so many times. And it's a Zelda 2 clone. Can we just take a second to acknowledge how awesome Zelda 2 was? More names need to be like it. I loved this game so much, I immedately bought the collector's edition for the sequel, Explore The Dungeon Because I DONT KNOW!!!. I regret that choice to this day because God that game sucked, but I'm getting off topic here. Adventure Time: HIKWDSOG?! is awesome.

Parappa the Rapper series - This series of rhythm games stars a paper thin dog named Parappa, and the many misadventures he has trying to win over his crush, a flower named Sunny Funny. The songs are all great and extremely memorable, and the gameplay is fun. Sadly the series never got a third installment, but hope remains eternal. And if you do like the two games, there's a spinoff called Un Jammy Lammy. It's set in the same world, but this time you control Lammy, a guitar who tries to get to a concert in time but ends up going on a weird quest helping put babies to sleep, cutting down trees, and even going to hell.

Seriously though, the music is great. Just listen to it

anyone remember sonic rush ya'know the one with the amazing music and the good game play? and the one that basicly made the boost gadge? and the one what introduced blaze the cat? and made the worst villain ever egg man nega? the one with the battle stage what almost made you brake your ds because of spamming the x and y buttons while fighting blaze?

Delta Force Black Hawk Down and No One Lives Forever 2 were both good games that I almost never see anybody talk about.

Obsure Hidden Gem?

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (Windows 95,Cyberdreams[Now Abandonware*1])
While the gameplay isnt near anything resembling fun,its still the game with the plot most critical of Society
if you want a game to play for a dark story its for you,else not

Clocktower (Snes,Human Entertainment [Japan Exclusive])
One of the roots of Survival Horror,one of the first survival horror games in that you didnt have a weapon and had to stop threats by solving puzzles and putting obstacles in the way of what is trying to attack you.
The Playstation Sequel(Clocktower II in Japan,Simply Clocktower everywhere else*2) also is pretty good.

R-TYPE series (Multiple)
Originally a unforgiving Arcade Space Shooter,which was later continued on multiple consoles.
If you like Space Shooters and dont mind high difficulty or just like bragging about beating unforgiving difficulty games,you should play them.

*1Even the Steam Version runs on a Emulator
*2The Distributors didnt see point in advertising it as Sequel for a game no one in the West knew.The second Sequel on Playstation was called III in Japan and II everywhere else,which just added to the confusion

anyone remember sonic rush ya'know the one with the amazing music and the good game play?

That game huh? whether it was good in music or gameplay is a matter of opinion. (Mine is a poor opinion of it. Because Sega... :/)

I almost forgot one:
Parasite Eve
A playstation game that is a mix of rpg and survival horror that was developed by Square Enix.
You should try it if you like that kind of games
(considering other posts,i assumed this isnt solely nintendo)

Reactions: Ace
Back